Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Uh oh... MicroUSB port is failing.

OP mrplowdan

27th August 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143

376 posts
More
Topic says it all. My family has had 2 previous phones with failing microUSB ports. This will be the third.

The phone no longer charges without jiggling the cord into the exact proper position, it took me 10 min this time to get it just right. I can assure you it is not a charger, cord or power source issue.

Unfortunately this phone was second hand so no warranty.

Has anyone sourced any replacement parts for the zara series? When my N7 first generation's broke the cheapest replacement I could find was $50 😕 but at least I could find one.

I do have an external battery charger but that's such a pain.
27th August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

376 posts
More
Found the OEM part number, 51H00915-02M. Now to find a cheap shop that'll ship to Canada. Looks like there are Chinese shops on eBay that'll get it here in a month for $30. Still looking...
Last edited by mrplowdan; 28th August 2014 at 06:29 AM.
31st August 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

222 posts
I had my port start going bad. When it would be charging, it would suddenly stop and say can't charge in USB sync mode and the screen seemed to have a short in it because of this because it would randomly come on for no reason and it killed my battery with so much screen time. I called Virgin mobile and after a little of pointless troubleshooting they sent me a replacement overnight shipping. Seems they're familiar with this issue. Makes me maybe want to sell this new one while it's in mint condition and stock boot loader etc
31st August 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyeboy

I had my port start going bad. When it would be charging, it would suddenly stop and say can't charge in USB sync mode and the screen seemed to have a short in it because of this because it would randomly come on for no reason and it killed my battery with so much screen time. I called Virgin mobile and after a little of pointless troubleshooting they sent me a replacement overnight shipping. Seems they're familiar with this issue. Makes me maybe want to sell this new one while it's in mint condition and stock boot loader etc

Thats exactly whats happening to my phone, cannot charge in sync mode. I'll replace the port and sell it asap. I miss aosp anyways.
31st August 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 24

222 posts
Really weird I'm actually pretty careful with my phone so it's a little worrying so I may seem mine if I can get enough... They go down in value so quick
3rd September 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
Another thing I notice is that the MicroUSB cable connectors themselves only last so long before they get bent over and break. I've gone through a dozen or so in the last couple of years. Then again, I'm not nice to my electronics.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread