Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Viper4Android

Tip us?
 
alatnet
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default [Q] Viper4Android

Anyone know how to install viper4android?
I have xXminiWHOOPERxX's kernel installed for access to /system even though im s-on but it doesnt install the driver even though it said it did...
Any help is appreciated.
 
Akishima
Old
#2  
Akishima's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Batavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatnet View Post
Anyone know how to install viper4android?
I have xXminiWHOOPERxX's kernel installed for access to /system even though im s-on but it doesnt install the driver even though it said it did...
Any help is appreciated.
Are you sure it doesn't install the driver?
What player do you use? because HTC music player needs some modification to make it works with Viper

You better S-OFF your device
Thanks Dev!
 
alatnet
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akishima View Post
Are you sure it doesn't install the driver?
What player do you use? because HTC music player needs some modification to make it works with Viper

You better S-OFF your device
i use google music as my player.
and no it doesnt install the driver, though i dont really know where to look but everytime i restart my phone and go back into viper it keeps telling me that it needs to install the driver.

I'd rather not go through s-off when it can be easier to just install a kernel that allows for s-off like functionality without mucking with the bootloader with rumrunner and whatnot. it's just my preference.
 
Hedied4me
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 540
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lost Angeles
Do you have busybox installed? If not you'll need that and I personally recommend and app called busybox on rails. Also try uninstalling the app. Then take the apk, put it in the system/app folder. Change permissions and restart. After that go to the app drawer and select Viper. You must have some internet connection. Viper will ask to update and reply yes and answer the other questions it ask. Then restart again. And it should be working. Also I'm sure you know that it requires root. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA HTC Desire 601 zara_cl
 
alatnet
Old
(Last edited by alatnet; 10th July 2014 at 09:44 AM.)
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 54
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedied4me View Post
Do you have busybox installed? If not you'll need that and I personally recommend and app called busybox on rails. Also try uninstalling the app. Then take the apk, put it in the system/app folder. Change permissions and restart. After that go to the app drawer and select Viper. You must have some internet connection. Viper will ask to update and reply yes and answer the other questions it ask. Then restart again. And it should be working. Also I'm sure you know that it requires root. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA HTC Desire 601 zara_cl
installed busybox via update.zip due to being s-on before new kernel.
i use this busybox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ricson.busybox
I'll see about installing it via /system/app.

EDIT: ok wierd. it didnt stay in /system/app. i think the kernel just stops the phone from rebooting if you mess with the system partition...
 
patrik.KT
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 66
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kunova Teplica
As I said earlier in the kernel thread, to disable system write protection, you need to change it in the kernel. I'll make one for zara_UL and maybe also for zara_CL
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more