No registration required

[Q] Viper4Android

OP alatnet

9th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

63 posts
More
Anyone know how to install viper4android?
I have xXminiWHOOPERxX's kernel installed for access to /system even though im s-on but it doesnt install the driver even though it said it did...
Any help is appreciated.
10th July 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Batavia
Thanks Meter: 21

147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatnet

Anyone know how to install viper4android?
I have xXminiWHOOPERxX's kernel installed for access to /system even though im s-on but it doesnt install the driver even though it said it did...
Any help is appreciated.

Are you sure it doesn't install the driver?
What player do you use? because HTC music player needs some modification to make it works with Viper

You better S-OFF your device
10th July 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akishima

Are you sure it doesn't install the driver?
What player do you use? because HTC music player needs some modification to make it works with Viper

You better S-OFF your device

i use google music as my player.
and no it doesnt install the driver, though i dont really know where to look but everytime i restart my phone and go back into viper it keeps telling me that it needs to install the driver.

I'd rather not go through s-off when it can be easier to just install a kernel that allows for s-off like functionality without mucking with the bootloader with rumrunner and whatnot. it's just my preference.
10th July 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 132

681 posts
Do you have busybox installed? If not you'll need that and I personally recommend and app called busybox on rails. Also try uninstalling the app. Then take the apk, put it in the system/app folder. Change permissions and restart. After that go to the app drawer and select Viper. You must have some internet connection. Viper will ask to update and reply yes and answer the other questions it ask. Then restart again. And it should be working. Also I'm sure you know that it requires root. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA HTC Desire 601 zara_cl
10th July 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedied4me

Do you have busybox installed? If not you'll need that and I personally recommend and app called busybox on rails. Also try uninstalling the app. Then take the apk, put it in the system/app folder. Change permissions and restart. After that go to the app drawer and select Viper. You must have some internet connection. Viper will ask to update and reply yes and answer the other questions it ask. Then restart again. And it should be working. Also I'm sure you know that it requires root. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile CDMA HTC Desire 601 zara_cl

installed busybox via update.zip due to being s-on before new kernel.
i use this busybox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ricson.busybox
I'll see about installing it via /system/app.

EDIT: ok wierd. it didnt stay in /system/app. i think the kernel just stops the phone from rebooting if you mess with the system partition...
Last edited by alatnet; 10th July 2014 at 10:44 AM.
10th July 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kunova Teplica
Thanks Meter: 480

256 posts
More
As I said earlier in the kernel thread, to disable system write protection, you need to change it in the kernel. I'll make one for zara_UL and maybe also for zara_CL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread