Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][2014-06-04] TWRP 2.7.1.0 Touch Recovery for KitKat Devices

Tip us?

-Duir-
Old
(Last edited by -Duir-; 23rd July 2014 at 08:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Default [RECOVERY][2014-06-04] TWRP 2.7.1.0 Touch Recovery for KitKat Devices

This is for all variants of the Desire 601

From their site:
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG 2.7.1.0:
  • Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
  • Various bugfixes to backup and restore
  • Improvements to USB storage handling
  • Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
  • Various other bugfixes and tweaks
CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
  • Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
  • Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
  • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
  • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
  • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
  • A few other fixes and tweaks
CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
  • Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
  • Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
  • Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
  • Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
  • Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
  • Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
  • Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
  • Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks
NOTES:
  • This is the official version of TWRP for our device only modified with the updated partition mount points as changed by the KitKat OTA.
  • I have also modified it to display the version "v2.7.1.1 (KK)" to visibly distinguish it from the 2.7.1.0 official version.
  • This is only for Desire 601 users who have updated to KitKat or, at the very least, attempted the update and had their partitions remapped. If you have not updated to KitKat using the OTA you need to use the original version which can be found on their website here.
  • This is for all variants - zara_cl and zara_ul

DOWNLOAD:
Two links are available for you to download from:

1) My Google Drive
2) Dev-Host

BUGS:
-The only bug I have found so far is when you select Advanced Wipe from the Wipe screen you will see Data listed twice. The second data is actually Internal Storage, so use caution when wiping your device.

Phone: hTC One (M8) S-OFF
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
ROM: Android Revolution HD 10.2

Misc
My ZARA_CL Google Drive
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Duir- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akishima
Old
Thanks Meter 21
This Recovery is only for KitKat right?

So If I'm still on JB I mustn't flash this right? but how if one day the Insertcoin KitKat released and I want to use it, should I flash the Recovery first or the ROM first?
Thanks Dev!

-Duir-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akishima View Post
This Recovery is only for KitKat right?

So If I'm still on JB I mustn't flash this right? but how if one day the Insertcoin KitKat released and I want to use it, should I flash the Recovery first or the ROM first?
This is only for people who have updated to KitKat because it remaps the relevant partitions during the update process.
If you haven't done the update, your partitions haven't been remapped and therefore the official version will work just fine for you.

Misc
My ZARA_CL Google Drive

Kolma
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir- View Post
This is only for people who have updated to KitKat because it remaps the relevant partitions during the update process.
If you haven't done the update, your partitions haven't been remapped and therefore the official version will work just fine for you.
On KitKat from other means(backup restore) this is for me then right?
Current Phone
Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 601
Rom: Stock 4.4.2

Previous Phones
Virgin Mobile Evo V 4G
Rom: Dirty Unicorns 4.2.2
HBoot: 1.40

Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V

-Duir-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolma View Post
On KitKat from other means(backup restore) this is for me then right?
I know you tried the OTA, so If your partitions got remapped then yes, if not then no.

Misc
My ZARA_CL Google Drive

rajat836
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i want to install this recovery i have untouched(locked) ZARA_UL(unlocked to all carrier) phone but S-OFF'd when i bought it...so can i simply install this recovery???????? without unlocking bootloader ....and plz guide me how to do it..........

Child's Play
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat836 View Post
i want to install this recovery i have untouched(locked) ZARA_UL(unlocked to all carrier) phone but S-OFF'd when i bought it...so can i simply install this recovery???????? without unlocking bootloader ....and plz guide me how to do it..........
U cant install recovery with a locked bootloader

-Duir-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat836 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child's Play View Post
U cant install recovery with a locked bootloader
The recovery image in it's current state requires an unlocked bootloader. However, being S-OFF you can make a special zip file that allows the bootloader to flash it directly with out being unlocked.

Misc
My ZARA_CL Google Drive

rajat836
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Duir- View Post
The recovery image in it's current state requires an unlocked bootloader. However, being S-OFF you can make a special zip file that allows the bootloader to flash it directly with out being unlocked.
sir plz help me to s-on my device then i will unlock bootloader by myself through htcdev(((((((i dont want s-off its risky i think and.... i can install custom rom,recovery,kernel with just unlocked bootloader???)))) .......

mrplowdan
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Default Hint

Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-zaracl.img
My ZARA_UL Telus Files (google drive)

4.2.2 RUU
4.2.2 Stock images
4.4.2 /data apps
4.4.2 /system backup (not flashable)
4.4.2 OTA zip