Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
This is for all variants of the Desire 601
You flash these at your own risk

Preview:
ZARA_Dark_442.png
ZARA_Dark_444.png

Update 3/31/2015: As of the latest M9 system dump the previously uploaded 4.4.4 image is still being used.

Installation
Installation is done entirely through recovery.
These recovery flashable zips assume two things:
  • Your animations are located in /system/customize/resource/
  • They are named hTC_bootup.zip and hTC_downanimation.zip
If your animations are named something else or are in a different folder you'll need to install these manually using your preferred file browser app.
Make sure to rename the files to match yours and make sure to set the permissions to match as well.

If everything matches up, flash the zip in your custom recovery and your good to go.

There are currently two methods available for installation and two variations for each method (see below):

EZ Install Method
This is an "all-in-one" flashable zip that installs the not just the boot and shutdown animations, but also the splash screen as well.
** I do not know if S-ON users can replace their splash screen with this method, so if some wants to try and report back please do. **

Boot and Shutdown Animations Only:
As it sounds, this zip only installs only the boot and shutdown animations. Basically for anyone who doesn't want to change their splash screen. I am also keeping this method available in case S-ON users aren't able to change their splash screen using the EZ Install Method​

Virgin Mobile ZARA_CL users
As this is the device I own, I have a special zip for you guys with an added bonus:
  • It removes the Virgin Mobile boot animation that precedes the HTC one
  • It removes the startup sound
If you don't want those removed, just install the normal zip.
Also, If you are using the InsertCoin ROM use the normal zip.​

Downloads:
EZ Install
4.4.2 Normal: ZARA_Dark_Complete
4.4.2 For Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_Complete

4.4.4 Normal: ZARA_Dark_444Complete.zip
4.4.4 Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_444Complete.zip

Animations Only
4.4.2 Normal: ZARA_Dark_Animations.zip
4.4.2 For Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_Animations.zip

4.4.4 Normal: ZARA_Dark_444Animations.zip
4.4.4 Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_444Animations.zip

Return to Stock:
Use one of these recovery flashable zips to return the stock screens to your device.

EZ Install
Normal: ZARA_Stock_Complete
Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Stock_Complete

Animations Only
Normal: ZARA_Stock_Animations
Virgin Mobile users only: VM_Zara_Stock_Animations

Last edited:
Reactions: Hedied4me

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
hTC has released 4.4.4 to the M8 and with it changed their splash screen and boot animation again.
I have updated the OP to include a 4.4.4 version of this theme for those who are interested.
Give your device a taste of 4.4.4 since it seems hTC won't be going past 4.4.2 on this device.

ZARA_Dark_444_announce.png

Last edited:

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
where i can find the file (HTC sound) ?? , what is the extention (mp3 or something else)?, can easy replaced or write protected ?, can any size or need specific size ?
Ray :confused: :confused:

The file is HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3
It's in system/customize/resource and since it's the system partition you will need root to access it and a custom kernel or S-OFF to get around the write protection of the stock kernel.

Alternatively, if you're not S-OFF and on stock kernel but at least have a custom recovery you can make a flashable zip to replace the file with your own.

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
All links are dead. Could You update them?

The mirror links still work, looks like Dev-Host removed the ones hosted there due to inactivity.
I'll update the OP and the B&W animations one (as those will be affected too) later today after work and uploading them to a new host. In the meantime, click where it says [Mirror] to download what you need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for all variants of the Desire 601
    You flash these at your own risk

Preview:
    ZARA_Dark_442.png
    ZARA_Dark_444.png

Update 3/31/2015: As of the latest M9 system dump the previously uploaded 4.4.4 image is still being used.

Installation
    Installation is done entirely through recovery.
    These recovery flashable zips assume two things:
    • Your animations are located in /system/customize/resource/
    • They are named hTC_bootup.zip and hTC_downanimation.zip
    If your animations are named something else or are in a different folder you'll need to install these manually using your preferred file browser app.
    Make sure to rename the files to match yours and make sure to set the permissions to match as well.

If everything matches up, flash the zip in your custom recovery and your good to go.

There are currently two methods available for installation and two variations for each method (see below):

EZ Install Method
    This is an "all-in-one" flashable zip that installs the not just the boot and shutdown animations, but also the splash screen as well.
    ** I do not know if S-ON users can replace their splash screen with this method, so if some wants to try and report back please do. **

Boot and Shutdown Animations Only:
    As it sounds, this zip only installs only the boot and shutdown animations. Basically for anyone who doesn't want to change their splash screen. I am also keeping this method available in case S-ON users aren't able to change their splash screen using the EZ Install Method​

Virgin Mobile ZARA_CL users
    As this is the device I own, I have a special zip for you guys with an added bonus:
    • It removes the Virgin Mobile boot animation that precedes the HTC one
    • It removes the startup sound
    If you don't want those removed, just install the normal zip.
    Also, If you are using the InsertCoin ROM use the normal zip.​

Downloads:
    EZ Install
    4.4.2 Normal: ZARA_Dark_Complete
    4.4.2 For Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_Complete

4.4.4 Normal: ZARA_Dark_444Complete.zip
    4.4.4 Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_444Complete.zip

Animations Only
    4.4.2 Normal: ZARA_Dark_Animations.zip
    4.4.2 For Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_Animations.zip

4.4.4 Normal: ZARA_Dark_444Animations.zip
    4.4.4 Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Dark_444Animations.zip

Return to Stock:
    Use one of these recovery flashable zips to return the stock screens to your device.

EZ Install
    Normal: ZARA_Stock_Complete
    Virgin Mobile users only: VM_ZARA_Stock_Complete

Animations Only
    Normal: ZARA_Stock_Animations
    Virgin Mobile users only: VM_Zara_Stock_Animations
    hTC has released 4.4.4 to the M8 and with it changed their splash screen and boot animation again.
    I have updated the OP to include a 4.4.4 version of this theme for those who are interested.
    Give your device a taste of 4.4.4 since it seems hTC won't be going past 4.4.2 on this device.

ZARA_Dark_444_announce.png
    All links are dead. Could You update them?

The mirror links still work, looks like Dev-Host removed the ones hosted there due to inactivity.
    I'll update the OP and the B&W animations one (as those will be affected too) later today after work and uploading them to a new host. In the meantime, click where it says [Mirror] to download what you need.