FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[ROM BACKUP] [US/VirginMobile]

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By edtrud, Member on 30th August 2014, 08:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th December 2014, 10:09 PM |#41  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Victorian

I know. In the virgin mobile model, it uses its single sim card slot for 4g, and its CDMA antenna for 3g, calling, texting, ect. In order for it to work with gsm you need to get the phone to ignore the CDMA antenna and exclusively use the sim card for everything. In order to do this you need to mod the phone extensively. I don't know too much about this, so like iv mentioned try the process on the dedicated forum for this exact problem

HTC Desire 816 is a mid range phone and you wont find this specific information anywhere unless you already know what you are doing.

29th December 2014, 10:15 PM |#42  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtrud

HTC Desire 816 is a mid range phone and you wont find this specific information anywhere unless you already know what you are doing.

Not true. Read this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...a-gsm-t2859985
29th December 2014, 10:25 PM |#43  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Victorian

Not true. Read this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...a-gsm-t2859985

Wow ok my bad, when i first got the phone and went onto xda the only thing i found here were indian users asking about apn settings... lol Cant believe how much several months after release of virgin mobile that it because so much more commonly used. My apologies
29th December 2014, 11:12 PM |#44  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtrud

Wow ok my bad, when i first got the phone and went onto xda the only thing i found here were indian users asking about apn settings... lol Cant believe how much several months after release of virgin mobile that it because so much more commonly used. My apologies

No problem. Happy to help

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremy1987

Thanks I already did the boot unlock with the HTCdev.com page. And I already bought a code for unlocking. The problem is that I can't get to the unlock screen automatically. So I'm looking other ways to do that. Like via adb or fastboot or a code from virgin that let you enter the code. So if you stumble (find) with something like that please let me know.

Check this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...a-gsm-t2859985
27th January 2015, 10:47 AM |#45  
Recovery
Can I flash this nandroid backup with twrp or do I have to use cwm?
31st January 2015, 10:30 PM |#46  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I get to about 60% when I sideload and then it says failed to write data 'protocol fault (status len)'
4th February 2015, 06:21 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Failed
When I try to flash the image using TWRP, it gives me a Failed message. Are there some extra steps to installing this that I don't know about?

Some instructions on what to do with the zip once downloaded would be awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread