Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Desire 816 stock

Tip us?

jettino92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Desire 816 stock

Hi guys I'm writing from Italy. I have htc desire 816 with custom recovery and the bootloader unlocked .. now I want to go back to the original settings to update with original firmware .. what should I do?

vbrsekhar
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettino92 View Post
Hi guys I'm writing from Italy. I have htc desire 816 with custom recovery and the bootloader unlocked .. now I want to go back to the original settings to update with original firmware .. what should I do?
From the update that gets downloaded in the download folder, copy it onto your local computer as soon as it gets downloaded and before installation and gets fail (as otherwise the file gets disappear/gets deleted) and extract the recovery.img from the framework folder of the zip file and fastboot it to your htc. There are many tutorials on how to fastboot an img in htc device. Once you have done it, restart the mobile and then try downloading the system update. It should work.

Hit thanks if it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to vbrsekhar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jettino92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar View Post
From the update that gets downloaded in the download folder, copy it onto your local computer as soon as it gets downloaded and before installation and gets fail (as otherwise the file gets disappear/gets deleted) and extract the recovery.img from the framework folder of the zip file and fastboot it to your htc. There are many tutorials on how to fastboot an img in htc device. Once you have done it, restart the mobile and then try downloading the system update. It should work.

Hit thanks if it works.

Thank you very much. the update works now!!