Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Internet Connection not starting up!

OP Raystark2409

4th July 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hey I'm not able to start the Internet Connection on my Htc Desire 816 dual sim! When I switch on the Data Connection the internet wont start! Please help!
3rd August 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
same issue on dual sim
I actually have the same issue on my dual sim phone. I believe its to do with the frequencies but I am trying to chase other avenues. Any help would be much appricated.
4th August 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 75

199 posts
Donate to Me
More
Would be good if you let the xda community know which rom version are you using and on which network you are trying to use as no one have reported this issue so far.

Sent from my HTC D816w using XDA Free mobile app
4th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
I am with Three Ireland and the phone I have purchased is a Dual Sim Desire 816 which I believe has an Asian ROM.
It has been rooted and running in English prior to me purchasing it.

I believe it is using CDMA technology which we don't use here in IRELAND.
7th August 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #5  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 75

199 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishfox

I am with Three Ireland and the phone I have purchased is a Dual Sim Desire 816 which I believe has an Asian ROM.
It has been rooted and running in English prior to me purchasing it.

I believe it is using CDMA technology which we don't use here in IRELAND.

The reason could be things that may have resulted rooting that might be affecting the internet connection. How about hard reseting from the hboot ? To do that reboot to bootloader from the Advanced power menu or whatever you have, or simply switch off the phone and press the volume down and power button at the same time fore few seconds. This will take you to bootloader screen that has 3 android images at the bottom. Navigate to the factory reset there and see if that makes any difference. Good luck.

Hi thanks button if it helped.

The other possible reason I could think of for no internet is could be due to the network frequencies that is not matching with the mobile. ALthough big companies like HTC, Samsung, Nokia covers most of the available frequencies but there is a possibility that few countires might use higher or lower frequenceis than the normal ones and that could be a reason.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystark2409

Hey I'm not able to start the Internet Connection on my Htc Desire 816 dual sim! When I switch on the Data Connection the internet wont start! Please help!

For your internet issue, certainly a hard reset could work as it is definetly not the network issue. The other possibility could be the sim problem. If you cut the big sim to fit into your desire 816, there is a possibility that a part of the sim must have been cut that may be vital for network. If you have used the new sim that come in that micro size, then probably checking swapping the sim with the new one and trying may work. But before the try to hard rest via bootloader and check.

Hit thanks if any of the solutions worked as others would know and follow from your experience.
Last edited by vbrsekhar; 7th August 2014 at 01:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread