Post Reply

Turning off cell broadcast

OP pradyu1993

4th July 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I have been receiving about 50 flash sms a day, with my service provider name, from the number 50. As I read, it might be a issue with activating and deactivating cell broadcast on the phone. However, I could not find the path suggested for the deactivation (Setting/Call/Other Call Settings). The option does not exist on this path. Any help?

Thank You
4th July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
captaindeep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyu1993

I have been receiving about 50 flash sms a day, with my service provider name, from the number 50. As I read, it might be a issue with activating and deactivating cell broadcast on the phone. However, I could not find the path suggested for the deactivation (Setting/Call/Other Call Settings). The option does not exist on this path. Any help?

Thank You

Open filemanger default that comes with cm11 roms
Click left side button go to setting
Open general setting and clik acess mode and selct root acess
And thn close file manger open it again
And scrool down open system and thn click on app
And delete cell broadcast from there

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th July 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindeep

Open filemanger default that comes with cm11 roms
Click left side button go to setting
Open general setting and clik acess mode and selct root acess
And thn close file manger open it again
And scrool down open system and thn click on app
And delete cell broadcast from there

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Is it possible to disable cell broadcast on the default firmware?
4th July 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
captaindeep's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyu1993

Is it possible to disable cell broadcast on the default firmware?

If your cell is rooted thn you can .

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes