Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't unlock the HTC desire 816's bootloader

Tip us?

zyrmin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Can't unlock the HTC desire 816's bootloader

Hello there ..
I followed the instruction form HTCdev.com and after i flashed with unlock_code.bin, the phone restart and when i get back to the bootloader,
it is still locked ... help me please ...

milad0011988
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrmin View Post
Hello there ..
I followed the instruction form HTCdev.com and after i flashed with unlock_code.bin, the phone restart and when i get back to the bootloader,
Try to repeat the whole process and make sure to follow the all the steps carefully. ggod luck

zyrmin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i did it carefully .. 3 desire 816s .. 2 are done smoothly .. but failed at the last one .. :'(

vbrsekhar
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrmin View Post
Hello there ..
what is your phones bootloader status say ? Locked or Re-locked ? Whatever it may be, once you receive the unlock_code.bin of your own mobile (not others), you might want to open the command prompt from the adb fastboot folder, then type the following command (hopefully you might have done right, but just incase if you miss one letter or jumble it, it wont work)

fastboot flash unlock token Unlock_code.bin

It is case sensitive. so type carefully or try to paste it from here. This should unlock your phone. If still not, then the unlock_code.bin you got might have issues. So register on htcdev again with different email id, and use that.

All the best. Hit thanks if this post deserves it.