FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] new update for HTC desire 816 dual in Middle East

12th August 2014, 12:33 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Dear all,
Any body know how to install the new updates for the desire 816 dual?
software update 1.49.401.1
My device rooted and boat-loader ublocked
 
 
17th August 2014, 09:23 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heppojo

Dear all,
Any body know how to install the new updates for the desire 816 dual?
software update 1.49.401.1
My device rooted and boat-loader ublocked

Try extracting the recovery.img from the update that was downloaded in your download folder (you should be very quick in transferring the update to your known location as soon as it was downloaded or otherwise it will gets deleted the moment it found that your recovery was modified) and install the stock recovery. After that try re-downloading the update and this time it should work.

Recovery.img file can be found in the framework folder of the update. @jithumon is the guy who was successful in updating the OTA after his device was rooted and bootloader unlocked. Better, checking with him if the above method doesn't work for you.

Dont forget to hit thanks if the above solution helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to vbrsekhar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 10:12 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up new update
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar

Try extracting the recovery.img from the update that was downloaded in your download folder (you should be very quick in transferring the update to your known location as soon as it was downloaded or otherwise it will gets deleted the moment it found that your recovery was modified) and install the stock recovery. After that try re-downloading the update and this time it should work.

Recovery.img file can be found in the framework folder of the update. @jithumon is the guy who was successful in updating the OTA after his device was rooted and bootloader unlocked. Better, checking with him if the above method doesn't work for you.

Dont forget to hit thanks if the above solution helped.

my friend,
thank you but could you advice please where i can find the file exactly ?and if i can copy to external sd card and download it from recovery it will success?
17th August 2014, 10:19 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
After the update gets downloaded, you can find it in the internal or external sd card within the download folder. You have to connect it to the computer access both download folders on computer and see where it is getting downloaded when you hit update. Just after finished download, try copying the update file and copy it on your computer. Then you can extract the recovery. Just a few seconds delay in copying will delete the file from your sdcard. So careful and act quickly.
17th August 2014, 11:19 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar

After the update gets downloaded, you can find it in the internal or external sd card within the download folder. You have to connect it to the computer access both download folders on computer and see where it is getting downloaded when you hit update. Just after finished download, try copying the update file and copy it on your computer. Then you can extract the recovery. Just a few seconds delay in copying will delete the file from your sdcard. So careful and act quickly.

Friend,
After i get the recovery, what to do next?
do you have skype,viber,whats up to communicate directly?
17th August 2014, 11:37 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Check your xda inbox.
17th August 2014, 06:07 PM |#7  
jithumon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 178
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heppojo

Friend,
After i get the recovery, what to do next?
do you have skype,viber,whats up to communicate directly?

Flash using adb.
Put the recovery.img in adb folder,
Open command prompt with adb,
Connect mobile with pc in fastboot mode
Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Check for errors...if no error, reboot & try to do update again...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes