Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Urgent help needed... phone is dead...

OP n70shan

15th August 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #1  
n70shan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 91
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my 816.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??
Last edited by n70shan; 15th August 2014 at 07:53 PM.
16th August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52
 
623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan

hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my 816.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??

If possible find an RUU or else take it t service center and request them to reload the software.
17th August 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 75
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan

hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my 816.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??

Dont worry ! As long as you have a custom recovery, it is fine. You can bring back your mobile alive. All you have to do is to get your phone into fastboot mode somehow. I know you mentioned that fastboot mode is ticked in the settings and you are unable to access that. But never mind, try below steps to see if it works.

1. Download the rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...ackup-t2811252 and place it in your sd-card by following the instructions provided by @jithumon

2. Try restarting your mobile. Just when the screen is off and about to start, press and hold volume down button and then briefly press, power button. If you are lucky, you will get into fastboot mode.

If it doesnt work, try powering off your mobile and then when you try to switch on, hold on to volume down button first and then power button for a brief period and leave both buttons. It should go to fastboot mode.

3. Then select recovery using the volume buttons and hit power button. This will take you to custom recovery.

If by any chance, you find you ruined your custom recovery as well, try installing the phil touch recovery again when you are in fastboot.

4. then go to backup and restore -> jithumons rom and install it.

5. Hopefully your phone will be alive in few minutes.

Getting rid of bloatware.

1. Root your mobile again, if need be.

2. Try installing Rootapp delete (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...premover&hl=en
) or System app remover (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en)

3. delete the system apps that you dont like. But remember, doing so you will never be able to get the OTA's. you have to manually install any backups from the xda community like you are doing now.

4. Vola .. enjoy and before you do, hit thanks if the above instructions helped you get your phone alive.
Last edited by vbrsekhar; 17th August 2014 at 09:57 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vbrsekhar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #4  
n70shan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 91
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbrsekhar

Dont worry ! As long as you have a custom recovery, it is fine. You can bring back your mobile alive. All you have to do is to get your phone into fastboot mode somehow. I know you mentioned that fastboot mode is ticked in the settings and you are unable to access that. But never mind, try below steps to see if it works.

1. Download the rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...ackup-t2811252 and place it in your sd-card by following the instructions provided by @jithumon

2. Try restarting your mobile. Just when the screen is off and about to start, press and hold volume down button and then briefly press, power button. If you are lucky, you will get into fastboot mode.

If it doesnt work, try powering off your mobile and then when you try to switch on, hold on to volume down button first and then power button for a brief period and leave both buttons. It should go to fastboot mode.

3. Then select recovery using the volume buttons and hit power button. This will take you to custom recovery.

If by any chance, you find you ruined your custom recovery as well, try installing the phil touch recovery again when you are in fastboot.

4. then go to backup and restore -> jithumons rom and install it.

5. Hopefully your phone will be alive in few minutes.

Getting rid of bloatware.

1. Root your mobile again, if need be.

2. Try installing Rootapp delete (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...premover&hl=en
) or System app remover (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en)

3. delete the system apps that you dont like. But remember, doing so you will never be able to get the OTA's. you have to manually install any backups from the xda community like you are doing now.

4. Vola .. enjoy and before you do, hit thanks if the above instructions helped you get your phone alive.

ok i maked my phone alive now please answer me this if you can

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...e-816-t2849766

no app is able to do the job till now.... including the above two you said..when i reboot my mobile, apps are installed again automatically... please read my complete post in the following link.
17th August 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #5  
jithumon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 154
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan

ok i maked my phone alive now please answer me this if you can

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...e-816-t2849766

no app is able to do the job till now.... including the above two you said..when i reboot my mobile, apps are installed again automatically... please read my complete post in the following link.

You'll have to do wp_mod.ko patch
Use root unistaller app & try
Try kitkat sd card full access xposed app also...
Last edited by jithumon; 17th August 2014 at 07:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jithumon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire 816 dead
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes