Motorola Droid 2
This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.
Q1: How can I tell if I have a Motorola Droid 2?
1. Check in the battery compartment, under battery, on the label, Model is in the middle of top line, the Droid 2 is model a955.Q2: What is the newest Stock Android Version and System Version?
2. In the software Menu>settings>about Phone>system version will include a955.Verizon.en.US
3. Bootloader Version: Power Off>Hold both volume buttons> Bootloader Version is D2.37
Current Stock Android Version is 2.3.4 (Gingerbread).Q3: Where are the Custom Bootloaders, Recoveries, and Kernels?
Current System Version is 4.5.621.a955.Verizon.en.US
Because of the Locked bootloader, the stock bootloader and Stock recovery can not be replaced, no custom Kernels,Q4: What is Rooting? How do I root?
Rooting gives you access to system files, that are restricted by default in android. Rooting Droid 2 running Gingerbread is easy using Framaroot. see [Video] “Super Easy Droid X, Droid 2 Rooting appQ5: What is a Bootstrap and why do I need it?
Because of the locked bootloader a bootstrap is needed to install and access a custom recovery. SeeQ6: How do I restore the stock rom?
Bootstrap explained[/URL] by Koushik Dutta (Koush) the Droid 2, X, & 3 bootstrap creator . Which version of bootstrap should I use? In most cases Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 220.127.116.11 is best option. see [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4 for the Droid X
IF phone can be booted to bootloader and battery has enough charge, Stock Firmware(SBF) should be able to be re-flashed as long as the is no hardware failure. There are 3 methods to flash SBF/Firmware.Q7: What is the Best Rom?
1. RSD Lite (Windows only) see my page Using RSD Lite to flash a .SBF to restore (Stock Rom)
2. ezSBF bootable CD or usb flash drive (Windows/Linux/Mac) D2 ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/4.5.621
3. sbf_flash (LInux/Mac) see http://blog.opticaldelusion.org/search/label/sbf_flash
Q8: What Roms can be installed on the Droid 2?http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=14Quote:
Best/most stable ROM threads aren't allowed as they're too subjective, you'll receive lots of differing opinions on the same thing. Only way is to try yourself and find the one that fits you best as that's what these forums are about.
Some links to popular Roms are posted here
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ