Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I'm back from tmbl to vrz, and 3g doesn't work!

OP aicitman

3rd August 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I"ve been playing around with the droid 3, installing custom roms (using safestrap), and enabling the 1900 band. (I actually put in a t-mobile sim card for the test, and it worked great.)
After I put back the original Verizon radion img, (and replaced the config.prop, and reactivated), although voice and data are working, 3g data isn't working at all, and the compass doesn't work.
Anyone have any clue why that's happening? Or do I just have to flash a sbf and reroot (or maybe I won't reroot.)
5th August 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,338 posts
I'm not sure myself why it happened, but, if I were you, I'd just SBF and restart from scratch. Do you have the files you need for this?
6th August 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

I'm not sure myself why it happened, but, if I were you, I'd just SBF and restart from scratch. Do you have the files you need for this?

Thanks. I think I might resort to that, but then it's going to be a big deal to restore all my apps and data. I did do a nanadroid backup with safestrap before I did the hack, but restoring only fixed the gps, not the 3g, so I reverted it.
6th August 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,876

4,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicitman

Thanks. I think I might resort to that, but then it's going to be a big deal to restore all my apps and data. I did do a nanadroid backup with safestrap before I did the hack, but restoring only fixed the gps, not the 3g, so I reverted it.

With Motorola devices with a locked bootloader, the nandroid backup will not restore kernels or baseband.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

So flash firmware/XML with RSD lite

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Then restore your nandroid

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread