Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I'm back from tmbl to vrz, and 3g doesn't work!

Tip us?

aicitman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I'm back from tmbl to vrz, and 3g doesn't work!

I"ve been playing around with the droid 3, installing custom roms (using safestrap), and enabling the 1900 band. (I actually put in a t-mobile sim card for the test, and it worked great.)
After I put back the original Verizon radion img, (and replaced the config.prop, and reactivated), although voice and data are working, 3g data isn't working at all, and the compass doesn't work.
Anyone have any clue why that's happening? Or do I just have to flash a sbf and reroot (or maybe I won't reroot.)

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 313
I'm not sure myself why it happened, but, if I were you, I'd just SBF and restart from scratch. Do you have the files you need for this?

aicitman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
I'm not sure myself why it happened, but, if I were you, I'd just SBF and restart from scratch. Do you have the files you need for this?
Thanks. I think I might resort to that, but then it's going to be a big deal to restore all my apps and data. I did do a nanadroid backup with safestrap before I did the hack, but restoring only fixed the gps, not the 3g, so I reverted it.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,434

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicitman View Post
Thanks. I think I might resort to that, but then it's going to be a big deal to restore all my apps and data. I did do a nanadroid backup with safestrap before I did the hack, but restoring only fixed the gps, not the 3g, so I reverted it.
With Motorola devices with a locked bootloader, the nandroid backup will not restore kernels or baseband.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

So flash firmware/XML with RSD lite

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Then restore your nandroid

No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future