[Q] Cannot Enter Safestrap Recovery

Search This thread

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
I'm having what I can only describe as the strangest issue I have ever had with Android in the six years I've been using the platform. I have a Motorola Droid 4 running a CM 11 ROM.
This morning, I noticed my phone was very laggy and slower than I could recall it ever being. I haven't made any changes to it in any way recently, so I just assumed that I needed a reboot.

When I was on the train, I tried to open Reddit Is Fun, but it would only load a black screen. I assumed the app must have updated recently and had a bad update, but that wasn't the case. The app hadn't updated recently, and I didn't know why the app wouldn't load.

So I have bitten the bullet after all of the issues that I was having with my phone today and I did an SBF flash of my Droid 4's firmware. I rooted successfully and installed Busy Box, but I am unable to install Safestrap v3.72

I get to the 60/100 point where it is "Running Installation Script" but it never gets beyond that. I have also tried to Uninstall in case one of the several tries worked behind the scenes, but that also gets stuck at 60/100. This allegedly has something to do with Busy Box not being installed, but I have done that for sure.

Update: Just repeated the root process with SafeRoot and that installs Busy Box as part of the process. Completed successfully, and I'm still hanging at 60/100...

What else am I forgetting to do?

ANY HELP ANYONE CAN PROVIDE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I'm sorry about that. This should be the one that is closed. I'll ask a mod to move this