Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GSM for telcel mexico JB 4.1.2

Tip us?

squallo37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] GSM for telcel mexico JB 4.1.2

Hi everybody the question is why or what i have to do for to have a gsm working in telcel mexico network actually my device works fine now in stock JB 4.1.2 and have 89 dbm signal wich is good but i want to install a custom rom and all of them give me a 120 dbm wich is a poor signal
what i have to do I dont want a mess the phone thank in advance

Flare_x13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallo37 View Post
Hi everybody the question is why or what i have to do for to have a gsm working in telcel mexico network actually my device works fine now in stock JB 4.1.2 and have 89 dbm signal wich is good but i want to install a custom rom and all of them give me a 120 dbm wich is a poor signal
what i have to do I dont want a mess the phone thank in advance
something must be wrok with your build.props need to go over them and check if its ok and that you also used radiocomm to activate gsm. whats wierd im the same network and a friend brought me two plus his which i had already actvated months before and the first Bionic was getting 2g which is EDGE with Telcel and the other two would pick up the red and and soon as i tried to edit the APN i would lose signal but the weird thing is i had lost all hope and sent them back saying they didnt work my friend said are you crazy ive got perfect 3G and HSUPA so im not sure what it could be but it has to do with the build props install Safestrap and flash this ZIP http://www.internauta37.altervista.o...phones-android hope this helps you out.

squallo37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_x13 View Post
something must be wrok with your build.props need to go over them and check if its ok and that you also used radiocomm to activate gsm. whats wierd im the same network and a friend brought me two plus his which i had already actvated months before and the first Bionic was getting 2g which is EDGE with Telcel and the other two would pick up the red and and soon as i tried to edit the APN i would lose signal but the weird thing is i had lost all hope and sent them back saying they didnt work my friend said are you crazy ive got perfect 3G and HSUPA so im not sure what it could be but it has to do with the build props install Safestrap and flash this ZIP http://www.internauta37.altervista.o...phones-android hope this helps you out.
thanks bro now I have a much better signal using a custom rom cyanogen mod 10.2.1 signal -83 dbm 15 asu very good I think I have to flash the ZIP in every custom rom for to have a better signal 3G working

Flare_x13
Old
Thanks Meter 1
im glad i could help it should work well on 3g even with two to three bars ima try and flash liquidsmooth 1.2 see how it works out and do me a big favor be the first to hit the thanks button for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flare_x13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

squallo37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_x13 View Post
im glad i could help it should work well on 3g even with two to three bars ima try and flash liquidsmooth 1.2 see how it works out and do me a big favor be the first to hit the thanks button for me.
thanks again carnal I know you speak spanish like me jajajaja
look this is cyanogen mod 10.2.1 JB stock firmware 4.1.2
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-08-20-43-01.png
Views:	8
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	2929960