[Q] 4.4.2 root

Search This thread

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
You are unlocked and s-off, just flash a custom recovery of your choice and flash the supersu zip

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

jwalkinc

Sep 4, 2012
Charleston,SC
Follow this

I cant seem to get rooted. I don't know of any workaround for the root on 4.4.2 for the dna.

Do a google search for firewater s-off HTC.

I just got a DNA, it is stock with 4.4.2. I was able to temp root and s-off with the firewater method. Follow these instructions to the letter (type your adb commands as they appear on the instructions..if it looks like a space in between letters then it is a space) Also, follow the Weaksauce method on Firewaters page. It is the second set of instructions.

Make sure firewater is in your adb directory too and you should have no problem.

Now I need to flash a custom recovery and install a stock rooted rom

Last edited:

badogg

Mar 11, 2011
I posted this in the rumrunner thread but also wanted to post here too to make sure you guys see it that are having problems getting s-off with the stock 4.4.2.

I just got s-off using weaksauce+firewater. I think it was the cables that prevented me from getting it to work before. I was using the cable that came with the phone and the one that came with my rezound and they didn't work. So I decided to get all the cables I have and try all of them to see if by chance it would work, and the first cable I tried worked like a charm. So don't give up guys, keep trying until it works because it does with 4.4.2 stock.

solomonerwin

Jun 23, 2009
Need help not sure what is wrong

I am thinking about re-flashing using RUU but not sure that would help. I can not gain root access S-off on my replacement phone Verizon sent me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If i have not included enough information my apologies as I normally figure these things out and have not had to post before. If this is not an appropriate thread to post in please redirect me. Also my boot loader is throwing tampered flag but is still locked S-on.
Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-49-57.png

Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-50-54.png

Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-54-05.png

Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-04-44.png

sasoq

Mar 25, 2011
Elk Grove
I'm interested to know how to root the DNA as i am on stock 4.4.2

Coming from a 4.4.2 Moto x where the only root was to temporary through adb commands, where root is disabled on reboot.

Is the DNA method the same? root disabled on reboot?

jrsoccer20

Jan 8, 2014

I just got a DNA, it is stock with 4.4.2. I was able to temp root and s-off with the firewater method. Follow these instructions to the letter (type your adb commands as they appear on the instructions..if it looks like a space in between letters then it is a space) Also, follow the Weaksauce method on Firewaters page. It is the second set of instructions.

Make sure firewater is in your adb directory too and you should have no problem.

Can't get supersu to work after I install weaksauce.

jrsoccer20

Jan 8, 2014
Root

I can get weaksauce to say the phone is rooted but i cant get supersu to work. Just keeps saying it failed. I was able to install cwm and have the custom recovery but i still dont seem to be rooted. I cant get su commands to work in adb.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I can get weaksauce to say the phone is rooted but i cant get supersu to work. Just keeps saying it failed. I was able to install cwm and have the custom recovery but i still dont seem to be rooted. I cant get su commands to work in adb.

U have to flash the one in recovery. Google super su and the latest apk download will pop up. Flash that in recovery And u should b golden

Actually if u have recovery just Flash a rooted Rom. Good to go.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

solomonerwin

Jun 23, 2009
An update

I am thinking about re-flashing using RUU but not sure that would help. I can not gain root access S-off on my replacement phone Verizon sent me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If i have not included enough information my apologies as I normally figure these things out and have not had to post before. If this is not an appropriate thread to post in please redirect me. Also my boot loader is throwing tampered flag but is still locked S-on.
View attachment 2869038

View attachment 2869039

View attachment 2869040

View attachment 2869050

Not sure why but after reverting to an older version of tune in radio and clearing the cache the weak sauce work around started working. But i cannot update the binaries on supersu. when i open supersu two pop ups come on top the first i haven't been able to read and the second is to update binaries it fails the update however and says reboot and try again i have tried several times to correct this with no succes help would be greatly appreciated because at this time i am seriously contemplating destroying this phone and calming insurance. I think Iwould rather have no phone then a stock phone.

Top Liked Posts