FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC DROID DNA/ HTC DELUXE Difference ? Help needed

5th December 2014, 07:14 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
I recently bought HTC DELUXE, its an unlocked phone and dont have any carier sign board on it. Its GSM CDMA unlocked, world phone, bought from eBay in just $200.

Its a true copy of droid DNA, but wen I looked closely it doesnt have memory card slot, also there is a slight difference between between model number.

Is it okay to flash the latest firmware of droid DNA over it ? Are both the phones same ?
radio ? Bootloader ?

Can some one please help me out.

Once this confusing problem is solved i will start developing android 5.0 port on it.
sometines even Rom porters need help
thanks guys awaiting response.

5th December 2014, 03:07 PM |#2  
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,545

More
It's an HTC butterfly and DNA ROMs won't boot on your device. I'm pretty sure there's a HTC butterfly thread here on XDA
5th December 2014, 04:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateWebOS

It's an HTC butterfly and DNA ROMs won't boot on your device. I'm pretty sure there's a HTC butterfly thread here on XDA

well thanks for the reply ! i came to know that its a mixture of dna and butterfly !

TWRP of DNA ll make it work for the recovery and ROMS of butterfly will might work for it !

i dont know y there is any other development thread for this "MIXTURE"
12th February 2015, 12:59 AM |#4  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I just got a "HTC Deluxe"today new in the box for $179.Being the adventurous soul I am I decided to see if my favorite Rom ViperDNA would flash and work correctly.Lo and behold I'm up and running.I can confirm ViperDNA 1.3.5 works with no issues.Its still JB 4.1.1 but with all the options Viper has I can live with JB.For now anyway.I will in the days coming experiment and see what DNA Roms will work on our device without issues.May even try to port a few Roms over.A special thanks to GeekyNimrod from the CyanideL team for his contribution in getting me up and running.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateWebOS

I can confirm that ViperDNA 1.3.5 for the DNA will work without issues on our HTC Deluxe.Am running it now.
12th February 2015, 01:51 PM |#5  
Flag Virginia

More
EclipticNA 4.1.1 for the DNA works as well.
13th February 2015, 01:42 AM |#6  
Flag Virginia

More
I'm finding that anything 4.1.1 for the DNA works just fine on our HTC Deluxe.I'm running Micromods rooted stock 2.07.605.1 710ORD for the DNA right now with zero issues.Opens up new possibilities I think.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th February 2015, 08:15 PM |#7  
Flag Virginia

More
Micromods SuperStock Sense 5 Rom for the DNA works well too.
It is 4.2.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread