[Q] [HELP][URGENT]Changed DNA Resolution, MUST UNDO

OP hammer280

2nd July 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Alright so I was enjoying my newly rooted and unlocked 4.4.2 dna, but that was ended abruptly when I found out about the resolution changer apk in the app store. I change the resolution once, all was okay except the dpi was too low. So I upped it by like 100 (note that it wouldve only been maybe 20dpi over the inital factory 440dpi it came with) and then I reboot and cant even see anything on the screen. It's black with glitchy-like lines through the screen. Can't unlock.

Things I have tried:
Re-Flashed the rom I had installed, that failed.
Re-Flashed my firmware for the installed rom, also failed.
Searched FOR DAYS for help (because I am a noob and don't want to just post a thread instantly after registering, but I really have no choice at the moment.

I even sent the producers of the app an e-mail but I have no hope in that pulling through.

Anyways,
I desperately need help, and any recommendations or ANYTHING will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joey
2nd July 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 9,375

6,709 posts
Donate to Me
More
You might try navigating to the offensive app via Twrp Recovery's File Manager, while in Recovery, with system mounted.
Then delete the apk from /data/app and reflash the rom.
I don't know if that will resolve the issue, but it may.
Good luck!
2nd July 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

You might try navigating to the offensive app via Twrp Recovery's File Manager, while in Recovery, with system mounted.
Then delete the apk from /data/app and reflash the rom.
I don't know if that will resolve the issue, but it may.
Good luck!

Hey, I really appreciate the reply, but after so much frustration with it I just wiped everything and reinstalled my rom and flashed supersu. It worked! I'm just glad I got my beloved dna back in working order!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread