Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone died need suggestions.

OP holytimes

31st August 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

40 posts
So my DNA finally bit the dust it wont accept any form of a charge and iv decided its time to move on. I have fallen out of looking at every pretty new phone that appears and kinda was hoping a few helpful souls could point me in a direction of a not crummy phone that isn't Samsung on Verizon.
1st September 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155

1,096 posts
More
HTC one m8. I'm not a fan of Samsung either.
1st September 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,414

3,186 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holytimes

So my DNA finally bit the dust it wont accept any form of a charge and iv decided its time to move on. I have fallen out of looking at every pretty new phone that appears and kinda was hoping a few helpful souls could point me in a direction of a not crummy phone that isn't Samsung on Verizon.

Doing anything with the dead one?
2nd September 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Doing anything with the dead one?

Frame it and keep it on my mantle as a keep sake! But no nothing really, why?
2nd September 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa

3,186 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Frame it and keep it on my mantle as a keep sake! But no nothing really, why?

If it's dead dead and you didn't mind sending it to me I have a couple brick projects I'm looking into.

And btw, m8 is a great phone..size...battery...speed. I personally am a t6 user holding out for the m8 version.
Last edited by dottat; 2nd September 2014 at 03:09 AM.
2nd September 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

If it's dead dead and you didn't mind sending it to me I have a couple brick projects I'm looking into.

And btw, m8 is a great phone..size...battery...speed. I personally am a t6 user holding out for the m8 version.

Ahh well the only thing wrong with it is the battery as far as i know. I might look into just fixing the battery my self if possible and give it to my brother. If i end up being too lazy to do that i might give it away ill post around here if i do but that will be down the line. The dna was my first phone i bought with my own money at full retail and it holds value to me dead or alive. So sorry.
2nd September 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa

3,186 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ahh well the only thing wrong with it is the battery as far as i know. I might look into just fixing the battery my self if possible and give it to my brother. If i end up being too lazy to do that i might give it away ill post around here if i do but that will be down the line. The dna was my first phone i bought with my own money at full retail and it holds value to me dead or alive. So sorry.

Haha... I can appreciate that. Have three rezounds and an m7 laying here I bought outright. Dna was the last subsidized phone I had laying around that I gave away to my sister in law. All m8/t6 now and those were paid for full price.
3rd September 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 99

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know you said no Samsung but the note 4
3rd September 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

40 posts
Thanks guys for all the suggestions after some time looking around it appears IMA go with the m8 after all. So while it's between nice here in the DNA forums I'm moving on. IMA miss this phone. Peace!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread