Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone died need suggestions.

Tip us?

holytimes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Phone died need suggestions.

So my DNA finally bit the dust it wont accept any form of a charge and iv decided its time to move on. I have fallen out of looking at every pretty new phone that appears and kinda was hoping a few helpful souls could point me in a direction of a not crummy phone that isn't Samsung on Verizon.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
HTC one m8. I'm not a fan of Samsung either.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by holytimes View Post
So my DNA finally bit the dust it wont accept any form of a charge and iv decided its time to move on. I have fallen out of looking at every pretty new phone that appears and kinda was hoping a few helpful souls could point me in a direction of a not crummy phone that isn't Samsung on Verizon.
Doing anything with the dead one?

holytimes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Doing anything with the dead one?
Frame it and keep it on my mantle as a keep sake! But no nothing really, why?

dottat
Old
(Last edited by dottat; 2nd September 2014 at 02:09 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Frame it and keep it on my mantle as a keep sake! But no nothing really, why?
If it's dead dead and you didn't mind sending it to me I have a couple brick projects I'm looking into.

And btw, m8 is a great phone..size...battery...speed. I personally am a t6 user holding out for the m8 version.

holytimes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
If it's dead dead and you didn't mind sending it to me I have a couple brick projects I'm looking into.

And btw, m8 is a great phone..size...battery...speed. I personally am a t6 user holding out for the m8 version.
Ahh well the only thing wrong with it is the battery as far as i know. I might look into just fixing the battery my self if possible and give it to my brother. If i end up being too lazy to do that i might give it away ill post around here if i do but that will be down the line. The dna was my first phone i bought with my own money at full retail and it holds value to me dead or alive. So sorry.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ahh well the only thing wrong with it is the battery as far as i know. I might look into just fixing the battery my self if possible and give it to my brother. If i end up being too lazy to do that i might give it away ill post around here if i do but that will be down the line. The dna was my first phone i bought with my own money at full retail and it holds value to me dead or alive. So sorry.
Haha... I can appreciate that. Have three rezounds and an m7 laying here I bought outright. Dna was the last subsidized phone I had laying around that I gave away to my sister in law. All m8/t6 now and those were paid for full price.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
I know you said no Samsung but the note 4

holytimes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks guys for all the suggestions after some time looking around it appears IMA go with the m8 after all. So while it's between nice here in the DNA forums I'm moving on. IMA miss this phone. Peace!