Root Tether

OP mdphoenix

19th August 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD
Thanks Meter: 9

187 posts
More
I realize there are multiple threads on this. But unless I'm blind - which I may be - I can't find a final solution.

I can not tether on my rooted DNA. WiFi Tether does not work. I have tried multiple versions. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the MSSClamping option is not available. Even still, it won't start.

I've tried 1-Click - that says it requires a subscription.

I've tried FoxFi. That sets up some VPN tunnel then doesn't start.

Any leads for a successful solution?
20th August 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 10,405

7,078 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have several rooted Roms posted with native tethering enabled, since most 3rd party apps no longer work on kit Kat.
So, the best solution, which works, is to run a Rom with native tethering enabled for all users or modify the Rom you're running to do the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

187 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

I have several rooted Roms posted with native tethering enabled, since most 3rd party apps no longer work on kit Kat.
So, the best solution, which works, is to run a Rom with native tethering enabled for all users or modify the Rom you're running to do the same.

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm in an area cursed with the Verizon Trolling of custom ROMs. Anything other than Stock Root results in SMS sending issues.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch, but have been modifying phones for a while based on all of you wizards' work. Is modifying the current ROM a "simple" task?
21st August 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

187 posts
More
A little research has shown there is an "entitlement hack" for other phones. Does that hack exist for the DNA?

Still searching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm in an area cursed with the Verizon Trolling of custom ROMs. Anything other than Stock Root results in SMS sending issues.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch, but have been modifying phones for a while based on all of you wizards' work. Is modifying the current ROM a "simple" task?

21st August 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 117

569 posts
Quote:

Just a stab in the dark fur you but.. I would think that sms/mms problems would be from your setup(apn, system selection etc.) and if big brother is tagging you I suggest a firewall.. That said were all pretty much on or used Verizon /Santods rom my tether works great..
Im going to start a thread about every ones ideas..

Ĉaaa..\../
The Following User Says Thank You to takota6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

187 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by takota6

Just a stab in the dark fur you but.. I would think that sms/mms problems would be from your setup(apn, system selection etc.) and if big brother is tagging you I suggest a firewall.. That said were all pretty much on or used Verizon /Santods rom my tether works great..
Im going to start a thread about every ones ideas..

Ĉaaa..\../

Thanks a bunch. You may find a thread of mine buried deep on here somewhere about this problem back in Feb/March. I had just gotten my DNA and ended up with the issue of not being able to send. It became a general consensus that VZW was testing some sort of blacklisting of custom ROMs in certain areas. I've not heard of a solution yet. I've tried multiple ROMs, all with the same outcome.

I look forward to your thread and whatever brainstorming comes from it.

Thanks!
25th August 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Are you saying that "Tether hacked for all users" on the NuSenseSIX ROM will allow me to use what appears to be native tethering... and I won't be charged an additional fee from my wireless carrier?

Thanks for all of your hard work.
25th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

187 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakefy

Are you saying that "Tether hacked for all users" on the NuSenseSIX ROM will allow me to use what appears to be native tethering... and I won't be charged an additional fee from my wireless carrier?

That's correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdphoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

187 posts
More
Any love on this? Someone point me in the right direction to get sms working on a ROM other than stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakefy

Quote:

That's correct.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread