Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft bricked(?) DNA, can't get into bootloader... Please HELP!!

Tip us?

Cman1468
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Soft bricked(?) DNA, can't get into bootloader... Please HELP!!

Hey guys,
So I've had my DNA for almost 1 1/2 years, and just recently decided to root and flash CM 11 and CWM recovery onto it. Now, everything went fine, except a month later, I was listing to music on Pandora, and my phone crashed (it has a few times before since it wasn't a stable release, but always boots back up in like 5 mins), but this time it never booted back up. I let it sit in the charger over night, but got nothing, not even an orange light. So I decided that, since it was broken anyways, to go ahead and take the entire phone apart and reassemble it. And after the second time, it turned back on (by plugging it into my computer at the same time of holing down the power button). But an hour later, the battery died, and I couldn't get to the charger in time, so it shut off. Now, I've tried everything that I have before, and also took it to a repair shop, but never got any life out of it again. Does anyone have any ideas about whats wrong? Is it fixable? I've also herd of a type of USB jig for Samsung phones that can put an unresponsive phone into 'download mode', is there some kind of equivalent of that for the DNA? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

iHateWebOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman1468 View Post
Hey guys,
So I've had my DNA for almost 1 1/2 years, and just recently decided to root and flash CM 11 and CWM recovery onto it. Now, everything went fine, except a month later, I was listing to music on Pandora, and my phone crashed (it has a few times before since it wasn't a stable release, but always boots back up in like 5 mins), but this time it never booted back up. I let it sit in the charger over night, but got nothing, not even an orange light. So I decided that, since it was broken anyways, to go ahead and take the entire phone apart and reassemble it. And after the second time, it turned back on (by plugging it into my computer at the same time of holing down the power button). But an hour later, the battery died, and I couldn't get to the charger in time, so it shut off. Now, I've tried everything that I have before, and also took it to a repair shop, but never got any life out of it again. Does anyone have any ideas about whats wrong? Is it fixable? I've also herd of a type of USB jig for Samsung phones that can put an unresponsive phone into 'download mode', is there some kind of equivalent of that for the DNA? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
It's your recovery. Try the most recent twrp instead. I've had this issue with my rezound and DNA and it's scary for sure. If you find a way to power on your device immediately change recoveries. Some are touchy on charging a dead phone.

Cman1468
Old
(Last edited by Cman1468; Today at 07:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateWebOS View Post
It's your recovery. Try the most recent twrp instead. I've had this issue with my rezound and DNA and it's scary for sure. If you find a way to power on your device immediately change recoveries. Some are touchy on charging a dead phone.
Would maybe trying to charge the battery outside of the phone work? If so, how would I go about that? A friend of mine has a Lipo charger for RC cars, could I make some kind of jig to charge the DNA's battery with that?

EDIT: Found out he has a supper high end lipo charger that is programmable, so could I charge it with that if I can get the battery hooked up right?