Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,949 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trouble Installing ViperDNA

Tip us?

masterj1337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Trouble Installing ViperDNA

Hello,

I am having problems installing any ViperDNA KitKat ROM when I install it, The Aroma installer starts up and at the end it says set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed! Then it proceeds to tell me installation failed error 7.

Now I know this is an error that is caused by a change in code in KitKat, and you have to use a new recovery, a KitKat compatible one. I have tried the recommended TWRP .6 beta, CWM 6.0.4.5, Philz based on CWM 6.0.4.7 and TWRP 2.7. They all give me the same error. I do factory data reset and clear all cache every time. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS. It is driving me insane. Please help me.

RLGL
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterj1337 View Post
Hello,

I am having problems installing any ViperDNA KitKat ROM when I install it, The Aroma installer starts up and at the end it says set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed! Then it proceeds to tell me installation failed error 7.

Now I know this is an error that is caused by a change in code in KitKat, and you have to use a new recovery, a KitKat compatible one. I have tried the recommended TWRP .6 beta, CWM 6.0.4.5, Philz based on CWM 6.0.4.7 and TWRP 2.7. They all give me the same error. I do factory data reset and clear all cache every time. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS. It is driving me insane. Please help me.
TWRP 2.7.1.0 is the recovery of choice I believe the latest version is 2.7.1.1
Link to thread
Asus Transformer TF 700 CleanROM Inheritance 3.3
Moonshined HTC DNA
Retired: HTC Thunderbolt InfectedRom Eternity

masterj1337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLGL View Post
Link to thread
I am fairly certain 2.7.1.0 is the one I tried with, got it from the website. Ill give 2.7.1.1 a try and let you know.

masterj1337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Link to thread
So 2.7.1.1 is not available for my device on TWRPs site. and 2.7.1.2 is the latest, I guess my question is will it matter if the recovery is specifically for my device or does it not matter and any recovery will work?

masterj1337
Old
(Last edited by masterj1337; 18th July 2014 at 02:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Link to thread
Nope did not work with even with TWRP 2.7.1.2, Ill write exactly what Aroma says.

Installing ROM
-- Writing Data
(System is unmounted already)
-- Writing System
(system is mounted already)
Symlinking and Permissions
-- Creating toolbox symilinks
-- Creating additional symlinks
-- Installing busybox
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

Same error every time, every recovery. Full factory wipe and cache clear every time.

Edit: Also trying this thing with replacing the update binary
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=268069005

Edit: That did not work either, got to writing system then it said install failed because it was looking for aroma files.... sooo ya. Anyone know any good KK Sense6 roms? besides NuSense6 Max, i like it but its got an annoying touch screen bug.