No registration required

Trouble Installing ViperDNA

OP masterj1337

16th July 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello,

I am having problems installing any ViperDNA KitKat ROM when I install it, The Aroma installer starts up and at the end it says set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed! Then it proceeds to tell me installation failed error 7.

Now I know this is an error that is caused by a change in code in KitKat, and you have to use a new recovery, a KitKat compatible one. I have tried the recommended TWRP .6 beta, CWM 6.0.4.5, Philz based on CWM 6.0.4.7 and TWRP 2.7. They all give me the same error. I do factory data reset and clear all cache every time. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS. It is driving me insane. Please help me.

UPDATE 9/14/14:
Still having this error even with TWRP 2.8.0.1 and CWM 6.0.5.0, installing NuSense Six Max RC4.2. Any suggestions, I cant for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Just installed this ROM on my friends DNA with TWRP 2.7.1.0 and it worked flawlessly. I am coming to the conclusion that my phone is a piece of **** that hates me.
Last edited by masterj1337; 14th September 2014 at 02:30 AM.
16th July 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stillwater
Thanks Meter: 35

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterj1337

Hello,

I am having problems installing any ViperDNA KitKat ROM when I install it, The Aroma installer starts up and at the end it says set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed! Then it proceeds to tell me installation failed error 7.

Now I know this is an error that is caused by a change in code in KitKat, and you have to use a new recovery, a KitKat compatible one. I have tried the recommended TWRP .6 beta, CWM 6.0.4.5, Philz based on CWM 6.0.4.7 and TWRP 2.7. They all give me the same error. I do factory data reset and clear all cache every time. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS. It is driving me insane. Please help me.

TWRP 2.7.1.0 is the recovery of choice I believe the latest version is 2.7.1.1
Link to thread
16th July 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLGL

Link to thread

I am fairly certain 2.7.1.0 is the one I tried with, got it from the website. Ill give 2.7.1.1 a try and let you know.
18th July 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
-Removed
Last edited by masterj1337; 14th September 2014 at 02:12 AM.
18th July 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLGL

Link to thread

Nope did not work with even with TWRP 2.7.1.2, Ill write exactly what Aroma says.

Installing ROM
-- Writing Data
(System is unmounted already)
-- Writing System
(system is mounted already)
Symlinking and Permissions
-- Creating toolbox symilinks
-- Creating additional symlinks
-- Installing busybox
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

Same error every time, every recovery. Full factory wipe and cache clear every time.

Edit: Also trying this thing with replacing the update binary
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=268069005

Edit: That did not work either, got to writing system then it said install failed because it was looking for aroma files.... sooo ya. Anyone know any good KK Sense6 roms? besides NuSense6 Max, i like it but its got an annoying touch screen bug.
Last edited by masterj1337; 18th July 2014 at 03:29 AM.
13th September 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

Nope did not work with even with TWRP 2.7.1.2, Ill write exactly what Aroma says.

Installing ROM
-- Writing Data
-- Writing System
-- Installing busybox

Same error every time, every recovery. Full factory wipe and cache clear every time.

Edit: That did not work either, got to writing system then it said install failed because it was looking for aroma files.... sooo ya. Anyone know any good KK Sense6 roms? besides NuSense6 Max, i like it but its got an annoying touch screen bug.

Still having this error even with TWRP 2.8.0.1 and CWM 6.0.5.0, installing NuSense Six Max RC4.2. Any suggestions, I cant for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Just installed this ROM on my friends DNA with TWRP 2.7.1.0 and it worked flawlessly. I am coming to the conclusion that my phone is a piece of **** that hates me.
Last edited by masterj1337; 14th September 2014 at 02:32 AM.
19th September 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag atglen,pa
Thanks Meter: 1,523

1,345 posts
More
Quote:

Installing ROM
-- Writing Data
-- Writing System
-- Installing busybox

If you have this touch screen bug with nusense, you'll have it with all sense six ROMs. Seems to be a hardware issue with certain DNA panels, sorry to hear your a victim of this bug.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread