Only difference between these models is HTC DELUXE have model no. 6435 LRA and that of Droid DNA 6435 LVW
This thread dedicated to LRA owners.
Download adb drivers, htc latest drivers from htc htc sync. (remove htc sync later on but keep the driver (common sense :P )
Lets get started :
1 . you need to be HTC DEV UNLOCKED
- just go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
- select model - "other models"
- follow the guide to unlock ur bootloader.
- Once bootloader unlocked you will have : s-on htc dev unlock
(dont try to do anything else, like s-off or update ur hboot or radio with any RUU rom for verizon wireless, because your htc deluxe is world phone, it contains CDMA and GSM radios, messing up with radio baseband will lead to network issues)
2. FLASH Recovery :
- Download from here http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/dlx
- version 2.7.1 is preferred but u can also flash latest one available.
- rename in to - recovery.img
- flash the recovery in fastboot menu : fastboot usb > " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
- flash the recovery twice to make sure everything goes correct.
(enter the recovery my booting into bootloader, if it gives u an error, dont worry, again boot into bootloader, and try to get urself into recovery, it shud probably work now)
3. if your recovery is working fine, now reboot the device from recovery.
4. Your device will now boot as new phone, click on 'next' to skip everything.
- go to settings, build no. tap on it, activate developer option ( you know the drill)
- connect ur device to pc, open internal storage place supersu file, downloaded from here : http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/
-place ROM FILE : CYANOGENMOD M11 SNAPSHOT 12 downloaded from here :
download GAPPS for Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 or 4.4.3 (search google)
- once you are done with placing all the files, switchoff your device and boot into bootloader, then recovery.
5. Once you are in twrp recovery, backup your current rom, Backup everything, boot, data, system etc etc.
6. Once the backup is completed, click on wipe > factory reset (do not format your memory card, else you will loose everything along with flashable rom and gapps.
7. after factory reset, click on install, flash your cyanogenmod zip file, then flash gapps, then flash supersu.zip
REPEAT FLASHING THE ABOVE FILES TWICE, else u ll end up in bootloop.
8. restart you device in bo0tloader.
9. now BOOT INTO BOOTLOADER (this is vert important, do not boot into system, you ll end up in boot-loop)
10. the rom file which u have dowloaded, extract boot.img from it on ur pc,
11. now after booting into bootloader, choose fastboot, you are now in fastboot menu again.
12. flash the boot image file which u extracted from cyanogenmod rom zip file.
"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
do it TWICE.
13. Reboot your device.
14. wait for 10 min to let it settle, leave the device as it is.
15. it will boot up
16. You now have cyanogenmod kitkat rom 4.4.4 cm11 snapshot M12 on your device with ability to run in any network.
17. if u encounter ur self in bootloop, hold the power button _ volume down button, u ll see your touch buttons blinking, then boot into bootloader> recovery> wipe data,, flash everything again, then press boot. you ll now finally boot into rom.
If you encounter any problem, feel free to ask.
PS : Many people will say u have butterfly version, its not like that, it may be a butterfly version, nothing from BUTTERFLY xda thread will work for you. DROID DNA thread is the only thread, where u can get it done.
i would like to Thank :
-Cyanogenmod mod for droid dna rom.
-droid dna developers for making it possible.
-gapps compiling team,
-twrp for recovery.
-moderator to keep this thread alive.
We are very small group of people, who have this device (clone of droid dna) but not a single information is available on internet, related to this device.
hope this small effort of mine, will make you work your device perfectly the way u want.
I will update the Cyanogenmod rom file if i found any error within my usage.
WHAT'S WORKING - EVERYTHING
BUGS : NOTHING AS OF NOW, you tell me.
Thanks everyone !
HTC DELUXE 6435 LRA, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: cyanogenmod
Current Stable Version: M12
Last Updated 2014-12-15