OP neelgangrade

8th December 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
HTC DELUXE - AKA - Droid dna

Only difference between these models is HTC DELUXE have model no. 6435 LRA and that of Droid DNA 6435 LVW
This thread dedicated to LRA owners.
Download adb drivers, htc latest drivers from htc htc sync. (remove htc sync later on but keep the driver (common sense :P )

Lets get started :
1 . you need to be HTC DEV UNLOCKED
- just go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
- select model - "other models"
- follow the guide to unlock ur bootloader.
- Once bootloader unlocked you will have : s-on htc dev unlock

(dont try to do anything else, like s-off or update ur hboot or radio with any RUU rom for verizon wireless, because your htc deluxe is world phone, it contains CDMA and GSM radios, messing up with radio baseband will lead to network issues)

2. FLASH Recovery :
- Download from here http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/dlx
- version 2.7.1 is preferred but u can also flash latest one available.
- rename in to - recovery.img
- flash the recovery in fastboot menu : fastboot usb > " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
- flash the recovery twice to make sure everything goes correct.

(enter the recovery my booting into bootloader, if it gives u an error, dont worry, again boot into bootloader, and try to get urself into recovery, it shud probably work now)

3. if your recovery is working fine, now reboot the device from recovery.

4. Your device will now boot as new phone, click on 'next' to skip everything.
- go to settings, build no. tap on it, activate developer option ( you know the drill)
- connect ur device to pc, open internal storage place supersu file, downloaded from here : http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/
-place ROM FILE : CYANOGENMOD M11 SNAPSHOT 12 downloaded from here :

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?de...&type=snapshot

download GAPPS for Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 or 4.4.3 (search google)
- once you are done with placing all the files, switchoff your device and boot into bootloader, then recovery.

5. Once you are in twrp recovery, backup your current rom, Backup everything, boot, data, system etc etc.

6. Once the backup is completed, click on wipe > factory reset (do not format your memory card, else you will loose everything along with flashable rom and gapps.

7. after factory reset, click on install, flash your cyanogenmod zip file, then flash gapps, then flash supersu.zip

REPEAT FLASHING THE ABOVE FILES TWICE, else u ll end up in bootloop.

8. restart you device in bo0tloader.

9. now BOOT INTO BOOTLOADER (this is vert important, do not boot into system, you ll end up in boot-loop)

10. the rom file which u have dowloaded, extract boot.img from it on ur pc,

11. now after booting into bootloader, choose fastboot, you are now in fastboot menu again.

12. flash the boot image file which u extracted from cyanogenmod rom zip file.

"fastboot flash boot boot.img"

do it TWICE.

13. Reboot your device.

14. wait for 10 min to let it settle, leave the device as it is.

15. it will boot up

16. You now have cyanogenmod kitkat rom 4.4.4 cm11 snapshot M12 on your device with ability to run in any network.

17. if u encounter ur self in bootloop, hold the power button _ volume down button, u ll see your touch buttons blinking, then boot into bootloader> recovery> wipe data,, flash everything again, then press boot. you ll now finally boot into rom.

If you encounter any problem, feel free to ask.

PS : Many people will say u have butterfly version, its not like that, it may be a butterfly version, nothing from BUTTERFLY xda thread will work for you. DROID DNA thread is the only thread, where u can get it done.

i would like to Thank :

-Cyanogenmod mod for droid dna rom.
-droid dna developers for making it possible.
-gapps compiling team,
-twrp for recovery.
-moderator to keep this thread alive.

We are very small group of people, who have this device (clone of droid dna) but not a single information is available on internet, related to this device.

hope this small effort of mine, will make you work your device perfectly the way u want.

I will update the Cyanogenmod rom file if i found any error within my usage.

WHAT'S WORKING - EVERYTHING

BUGS : NOTHING AS OF NOW, you tell me.

Thanks everyone !

XDA:DevDB Information
HTC DELUXE 6435 LRA, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
neelgangrade, neelgangrade
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: M12

Created 2014-12-08
Last Updated 2014-12-15
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neelgangrade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
RESERVED
COMPATIBLE ROMS

So, now here comes the twist,

1. Cyanogenmod 10, 11 and 12 Yes, it does support Lollipop 5.0.1

2. [ROM][GSM/CDMA] HTC One *STOCK* ROM Port | 4.19.401.8 | 4.4.2 | HTC Sense 5.5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2626050

3. ★ ☆ [ROM][5.0.1] Google Play Edition | Lollipop | v1.02 [12-06-14]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...v1-00-t2964089

4. ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.4] Google Play Edition | ART | Stock | Plus+ | tiKtaK ROM | RC4.2 | Motion Wake Gestures | V4A | Xposed | 07-03-14 | ☆ ★
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776144

5. Rate Thread [ROM][4.4.4][OTA] AOSPA v4.6 B5 (Paranoid Android) | Oct. 16th
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591727

NOTICE

1. i have personally tested all the above roms, they all work fine !
2. remember to flash boot.img which came along with ur rom zip files.
3. i am not responsible for anything if u brick ur device or start a thermonuclear war.

I wanna thank every developer who is involved in developing above roms.

i am just here to help you out with your exceptional device.

DONT FORGET TO PRESS "THANKS BUTTON
Last edited by neelgangrade; 15th December 2014 at 01:29 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neelgangrade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Thanks!
Maybe you know what sense 5.5 rom is also good for the LRA?
14th December 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayalzemel

Maybe you know what sense 5.5 rom is also good for the LRA?

you need to upgrade your hboot and baseband for that.
but since htc has not released any further updates for Baseband and hboot, firmware update, i doubt that it will work.
so we are basically stuck with CM updates.

Plus point is you can still update ur device to Lollipop,
there are other rom developers like Paranoid Android, you can use it too.

just follow same steps mentioned above.. lemme know if you got any issues. may be i alone will start working on is rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neelgangrade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #5  

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelgangrade

you need to upgrade your hboot and baseband for that.
but since htc has not released any further updates for Baseband and hboot, firmware update, i doubt that it will work.
so we are basically stuck with CM updates.

Plus point is you can still update ur device to Lollipop,
there are other rom developers like Paranoid Android, you can use it too.

just follow same steps mentioned above.. lemme know if you got any issues. may be i alone will start working on is rom

So only the sense rom needs a new baseband? Why sense needs it and CM doesn't?
14th December 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

So only the sense rom needs a new baseband? Why sense needs it and CM doesn't?

Yes, because HTC brings OTA, they pay developers to bring out new features, more stability with every update, so they lock ROM version along with firwmware version and also with radio.

so when ever a new OTA is available, dere is a slight change in hboot and radio and also in rom version if applicable,

where on the other hand, radio and hboot is not required for "non-sense" roams !

well if u have htc deluxe (6435LRA) u can still try to update the hboot and radio via HT DROID DNA, both the phone are same, many people did that and they are enjoying sense roms on their phones

here is the link, lemme know if u encounter any issue : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560010
14th December 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #7  

13 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, because HTC brings OTA, they pay developers to bring out new features, more stability with every update, so they lock ROM version along with firwmware version and also with radio.

so when ever a new OTA is available, dere is a slight change in hboot and radio and also in rom version if applicable,

where on the other hand, radio and hboot is not required for "non-sense" roams !

well if u have htc deluxe (6435LRA) u can still try to update the hboot and radio via HT DROID DNA, both the phone are same, many people did that and they are enjoying sense roms on their phones

here is the link, lemme know if u encounter any issue : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560010

But if I'll install the hboot and baseband of the droid dna into the my deluxe, I'm going to have cdma and all of the other deluxe radios?
Thank you very much for the help!
14th December 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

But if I'll install the hboot and baseband of the droid dna into the my deluxe, I'm going to have cdma and all of the other deluxe radios?
Thank you very much for the help!

Well u can PRESS THE THANKS button

probably u wont be affecting anything ! because everything in both the phones is same ! the only difference here is that the phone we have is unlocked one and the phone other people have is verizon one ! how ever when u unlock the verizon phone it become htc deluxe ! running gsm and cdma both !

so technically it shud not affect anything u can flash it and kindly let me know here as well so that i can update ! also paste screen shots
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neelgangrade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #9  

13 posts
More
Quote:

Well u can PRESS THE THANKS button

probably u wont be affecting anything ! because everything in both the phones is same ! the only difference here is that the phone we have is unlocked one and the phone other people have is verizon one ! how ever when u unlock the verizon phone it become htc deluxe ! running gsm and cdma both !

so technically it shud not affect anything u can flash it and kindly let me know here as well so that i can update ! also paste screen shots

That will be the first thing i'll do!
14th December 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:

That will be the first thing i'll do!

kindly let me know if that works for u ! u just need to update the firmware by flashing the firmware file of 17 mb !
download it from that link ! then flash raido ! and the u can flash the stock rom if u want to ! u can continue using the rom u using !

else u can try any other rom !!

happy flashing !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread