[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Droid DNA (dlx)

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=dlx&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Droid DNA (dlx), ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
invisiblek
Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-20
Last Updated 2015-04-19

Last edited:

HokieCoder

Mar 5, 2013
Blacksburg, VA
Unless I am losing my mind it seems like between CM 12.0 and 12.1 they have removed the option to hide the contents of app notifications on the lock screen. For instance, if you go to Settings -> Device -> Notification Manager -> App notifications -> select an app (e.g. Messaging), I could have sworn there was a setting there to hide the contents of the notification on the lock screen. I found this very useful as I really liked knowing when I had an SMS/MMS message come in, but I also didn't want someone who picked up my phone to see the first bit of the message. Previously, I could set it so that it would show "Contents hidden" instead of the message.

I have looked rather extensively through the settings and can't seem to find how to do this in 12.1. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have a solution or know why they removed that feature? TIA

EDIT: Realized what the problem was. I did not have a secure lock screen (e.g. PIN, pattern) set up, so that setting is not available. As soon as I added a PIN, the ability to hide the contents of the notification became available again. In hindsight, I was stupid and should have realized that!

Last edited:

pitchinnate

May 24, 2013
Cincinnati
No audio on Call

I'm running 4-21 nightly and I don't get any audio when on a call. If I put it on speaker then I can hear it fine but nothing while normal.

EDIT: Updated to 4-23 and now it works fine.

Last edited:

delacerda

Mar 29, 2008
Orlando
Anyone experiencing really fast battery drain? My DLX on the latest nightly is draining at a rate of 20% in an hour with very minimal use (4 or 5 SMS, couple web pages). Not seeing any unusual activity in the Battery Stats and no Wakelocks.

msignor

Jun 15, 2008
My battery has been much improved from 12.0. Only issue is that SMS sending is sporatic needing a reboot, but I am not sure if its my gapps.

datoe

Sep 23, 2011
Not picking up 12.1 updates

After going to 12.1 nightly update, nightly updates are not showing up even I refreshed manually. If I manually downloaded the nightly update and put in it the .../cmupdater folder then it shows the update however no new updates showing up. Is this feature no longer available in 12.1? Anyone can see updates in 12.1?

Thanks.

HokieCoder

Mar 5, 2013
Blacksburg, VA
@datoe: I won't be able to verify that until the next nightly comes out (hopefully tomorrow). I'm already on 4/26, so there are no new nightlies for the updater to report at this time. UPDATE: Last night I checked for an update using the Settings menu, but it did not find anything newer than the 4/26 nightly. I then checked the CM downloads page and saw that 4/28 nightly was available. So I agree with you, @datoe, that the updater is not picking up the 12.1 nightlies.

I have not been able to get Google Play Music to stream music over Bluetooth at all since clean-flashing to 12.1. I always get playback errors from GPM, or it'll play over the phone's speaker even though it says it's connected to BT for audio. I have a big road trip coming up this weekend, so I think I am going to flash back to 12.0 until they get that solved. I am not trying to complain, but rather make others aware in case BT audio streaming is a big deal for them. I have seen in other threads for 12.1 CM that they are experiencing the same issues with GPM and with CM's music player (which I always remove via a custom ZIP). UPDATE: I have flashed to the 4/28 nightly and at least now I get some songs to play. Out of the 5 I tried on my way to work, only 2 actually played, with the other 3 getting the music playback error messages. But at least that is an improvement from the previous 12.1 nightlies!

Last edited:

TweakedSystems

Sep 2, 2010
Loving this ROM . Really no major issues so far...but For some reason Beautiful Widgets will not work/connect.. darn >cellular network not available? I am on Verizon any ideas? < fixed > Beautiful Widgets started working :) Now I can not get Google voice to work blinks when you talk but "can't load search results"

HELP? how do I fix recovery? when I boot in to recovery twrp shows but only "blinks" but does not load.. If I do a "factory reset" it goes into the stock recovery and installs the rom again.. I just don't know what to do :(

Last edited:

inkoate

May 9, 2015
Thanks so much for the CM12.1 rom!

I flashed it today and everything is working except for some cellular issues. The phone shows me as on the network (3-4 bars and Verizon Wireless listed). I can receive text messages and can use mobile data, but I cannot make calls or send texts. If I try to make a call I get "Cellular network not available". Under "Sim Status" in the status menu, the SIM is listed as "Out of service".

Any help fixing this issue would be much appreciated!

M

masterwares

Hello Developers,

When will this rom be going into official status? I have been checking CM ever since I had used CM 9, and the only stable CM out there for the DNA is CM10.

j522

May 10, 2015
Hi, Everytime I try to update my phone to the newest update it reboots in recovery and it says the Zip file is corrupt and doesn't install. Is there a fix for that? Thanks!

zborn

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 9
Hey guys. Just got a DNA and since I love AOSP ROMS and also CM I want to install it on my phone. Also since the only way to start the process is using Sunshine and I have to pay $25 for it, I want to know how is battery life and also how are things with CM12.1 before I get to pay for the unlocking.

If you can send screenies with your SOT and/or time since unplugged until you get to 1% or 2%, or how long does it last with a normal/heavy usage. Also , if any of you know any other method to unlock the bootloader or install any custom ROM besides using Sunshine please let me know, it will be very much welcomed.

Im on 4.4.2 sense 5.5 from VzW.

AskieR

Jan 24, 2011
Saint-Petersburg
soundcloud.com
Does anyone has the problem with sim? After updating to 6/14 nightly my phone lose carrier signal. In order to solve this problem I've fully wiped/clean installed latest (6/17) build and now phone randomly "lose" sim. There is a carrier signal and the next moment there is No sim sign. After rebooting it's ok for some time and then it lose sim again. Sometimes it shows a carrier signal but there is no one. And there is a "Emergency calls only" sign in a tray.
I have the latest hboot and radio. Have no any problems since first 12.1 nightly.

Dec 21, 2014
I just updated to the 6/21 nightly from the 6/14, and it will no longer connect to cellular service. No sim card errors, just says 'no service'. I tried restoring, no dice. Factory reset and re-install, still no luck. After one of the re-installs, i noticed that the 6/22 build was available. I wiped and installed that, and it connected for a short period right after boot, then cut out within about a minute.

Hopefully there is something I missed. I need this phone to last until August to get a new one.

Dec 21, 2014
Never mind. Apparently I managed to fry the sim card. New one in and everything seems to be working again on the 6/14 build. Will try updating again, but I think it was just too hot after running through a titanium backup, then ROM backup and upgrade.

Tech.Master.

Feb 2, 2014
Hey all. I just got this phone Friday after buying it on eBay and I paid Sunshine to achieve an unlocked boot loader and s-off. I've been using the latest CM Nightlies and I'm loving it. The only thing I wish for is to have xposed framework working on this rom. Has anybody able to do this yet?

kevinRfunny

Jun 21, 2015
Works great except for slide keyboard

I do have gesture typing enabled, but when I drag my finger on the keyboard, nothing happens, so I don't have gesture typing even when enabled. I would love for this to get fixed, thanksn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=dlx&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Droid DNA (dlx), ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-20
    Last Updated 2015-04-19
    Thanks for supporting this... Works fine for me

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
    @invisiblek thanks for keeping this device alive along with others. I am about to ship off to bootcamp and I was going to give my DNA to my mom. Well, I am trying to get my device to decrypt but for the life of me I can't. I encrypted inside of CM12.1 a month or two ago and half way into a reboot i need to do my password to boot. I have reset the phone from phone settings, and even tried wiping EVERYTHING including internal storage inside of TWRP yet half way into a pure clean flash of CM12.1 (sideload zips from recovery using adb) It STILL wants me to do my password and phone says it is encrypted in settings. I even wiped everything (again) and obviously bootlooped into htc logo until i rebooted into recovery where twrp asked for my password to unencrypt...lol I am not trying to complain but I don't want her to deal with the super long reboot and having to remember my password everytime it tries to boot. I would really appreciate any help!

Edit:
    Just flashed TWRP 2.8.7.1 from mdmower hoping it would actually kill the encryption but didn't work.
    https://android.cmphys.com/twrp-dlx/
    In twrp do an advanced format and choose data and internal storage. Encryption encrypts the entire userdata partition which includes the internal storage. This format should wipe the entire userdata partition.