FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Droid DNA (dlx)

1,413 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,363

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?dev...x&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Droid DNA (dlx), ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
invisiblek
Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-20
Last Updated 2015-04-19
Last edited by invisiblek; 30th April 2015 at 08:03 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to invisiblek For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st April 2015, 10:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Thankyouuuuuu!
22nd April 2015, 09:29 PM |#3  
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Unless I am losing my mind it seems like between CM 12.0 and 12.1 they have removed the option to hide the contents of app notifications on the lock screen. For instance, if you go to Settings -> Device -> Notification Manager -> App notifications -> select an app (e.g. Messaging), I could have sworn there was a setting there to hide the contents of the notification on the lock screen. I found this very useful as I really liked knowing when I had an SMS/MMS message come in, but I also didn't want someone who picked up my phone to see the first bit of the message. Previously, I could set it so that it would show "Contents hidden" instead of the message.

I have looked rather extensively through the settings and can't seem to find how to do this in 12.1. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have a solution or know why they removed that feature? TIA

EDIT: Realized what the problem was. I did not have a secure lock screen (e.g. PIN, pattern) set up, so that setting is not available. As soon as I added a PIN, the ability to hide the contents of the notification became available again. In hindsight, I was stupid and should have realized that!
Last edited by HokieCoder; 27th April 2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Found solution
23rd April 2015, 04:25 PM |#4  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 23

More
No audio on Call
I'm running 4-21 nightly and I don't get any audio when on a call. If I put it on speaker then I can hear it fine but nothing while normal.

EDIT: Updated to 4-23 and now it works fine.
Last edited by pitchinnate; 23rd April 2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Tried new daily
24th April 2015, 05:46 PM |#5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone experiencing really fast battery drain? My DLX on the latest nightly is draining at a rate of 20% in an hour with very minimal use (4 or 5 SMS, couple web pages). Not seeing any unusual activity in the Battery Stats and no Wakelocks.
26th April 2015, 10:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My battery has been much improved from 12.0. Only issue is that SMS sending is sporatic needing a reboot, but I am not sure if its my gapps.
27th April 2015, 05:48 PM |#7  

More
Not picking up 12.1 updates
After going to 12.1 nightly update, nightly updates are not showing up even I refreshed manually. If I manually downloaded the nightly update and put in it the .../cmupdater folder then it shows the update however no new updates showing up. Is this feature no longer available in 12.1? Anyone can see updates in 12.1?

Thanks.
27th April 2015, 06:33 PM |#8  
Flag Blacksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
@datoe: I won't be able to verify that until the next nightly comes out (hopefully tomorrow). I'm already on 4/26, so there are no new nightlies for the updater to report at this time. UPDATE: Last night I checked for an update using the Settings menu, but it did not find anything newer than the 4/26 nightly. I then checked the CM downloads page and saw that 4/28 nightly was available. So I agree with you, @datoe, that the updater is not picking up the 12.1 nightlies.

I have not been able to get Google Play Music to stream music over Bluetooth at all since clean-flashing to 12.1. I always get playback errors from GPM, or it'll play over the phone's speaker even though it says it's connected to BT for audio. I have a big road trip coming up this weekend, so I think I am going to flash back to 12.0 until they get that solved. I am not trying to complain, but rather make others aware in case BT audio streaming is a big deal for them. I have seen in other threads for 12.1 CM that they are experiencing the same issues with GPM and with CM's music player (which I always remove via a custom ZIP). UPDATE: I have flashed to the 4/28 nightly and at least now I get some songs to play. Out of the 5 I tried on my way to work, only 2 actually played, with the other 3 getting the music playback error messages. But at least that is an improvement from the previous 12.1 nightlies!
Last edited by HokieCoder; 28th April 2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Updates
4th May 2015, 12:15 PM |#9  

More
Thanks for supporting this... Works fine for me

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ehtasham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2015, 06:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Loving this ROM . Really no major issues so far...but For some reason Beautiful Widgets will not work/connect.. darn >cellular network not available? I am on Verizon any ideas? < fixed > Beautiful Widgets started working Now I can not get Google voice to work blinks when you talk but "can't load search results"

HELP? how do I fix recovery? when I boot in to recovery twrp shows but only "blinks" but does not load.. If I do a "factory reset" it goes into the stock recovery and installs the rom again.. I just don't know what to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-07-23-48-09[1].png
Views:	228
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	3302270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-07-23-48-18[1].jpg
Views:	228
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	3302271  
Last edited by TweakedSystems; 9th May 2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: issues
8th May 2015, 08:05 AM |#11  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakedSystems

Loving this ROM . Really no major issues so far...but For some reason Beautiful Widgets will not work/connect.. darn >cellular network not available? I am on Verizon any ideas?

Wait for update for Beautiful Widgets. Got same issue with Power Toggles, until last update.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread