Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB42][SENSE5] ChaOri-K99 fireball3410 v3.00 (BETA) ...aka KickDroid Fireball XL

Tip us?

kimba99
Old
(Last edited by kimba99; 6th July 2014 at 04:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][JB42][SENSE5] ChaOri-K99 fireball3410 v3.00 (BETA) ...aka KickDroid Fireball XL

Again time for some more ... Incredibleness ... making further progress on Sense-based dev'ing for FIREBALL!

the NEW (old) fireball-dev team presents:
jose51197, 24ky, megaghostgamer & kimba99

using the K99-fireball3410 kernel

"ChaOri-K99" v3.00 BETA-ROM
-- aka KickDroid Fireball XL --

a JB4.2.2 / Sense5.0 port to
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

This is basically a test ROM for me to test the upgraded K99-fireball3410 Series300 (JB42) kernel ... based on HTC OneXL (evita build 5-08-3) KickDroidXL v5.0.0 ROM (by Team KickDroid & 24ky). Ported to run on Fireball using my brand-new upgraded fireball3410 Series300 kernel (also based on 5-08-3 kernel sources) ... with a few additional ROM mods to make it a fireball-like ROM ... and fixed to additional extSD-support (thanks 24ky for fixing the external storage!!)

Works just as good as our "ChaOri-K99 v2.xx" JB41 / Sense4+ release, but based on the newer JB42 / Sense5 ... additionally the HSPA-3.5G mobile data access finally seems stable using the OneXL ril-libs and doesn't revert to UMTS-3G all the time (as on stock ICS)! Only issue remaining _as usual_ is still the camera, which doesn't work until someone of our team (possibly me?!) finds the time to cross-port and re-code the CM camera wrapper to adapt to JB-Sense ROMs.

FULL "ChaOri-K99" v3.00 BETA download
[ROM]_ChaOri-K99_fireball3410_v300__JB42-BETA.zip
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15782 == 729MB

Latest K99-fireball3410 KERNEL (Series300) included
already included "K99-fireball3410-300a6" & NO separate download planned
(ROM doesn't like to have it's kernel flashed separately via recovery anyhow for some unknown reason?!)

Installation Notes:
Code:
* 1) boot to recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.0 tested & recommended)
* 2) full __manual__ wipe of (at least): dalvik, cache, data, system & andro-sec
* 3) install the downloaded FULL rom of "ChaOri-K99 v3.00 {beta}"
* 4) your choice of aroma extras for the ROM (unchanged as available in original KickDroidXL v5.0.0 base)
* 5) reboot ... & let it sit for at least 10 minutes (to make sure dalvik is build & all ready)
* 6) 1st use guide & lang selection starts automagically (as known from other Sense-ROMS) 

* 6) if "1st use / lang selection" doesn't (yet) autostart
... WAIT a little _longer_

* 7) ENJOY our ChaOri-K99 v3.00 BETA-ROM
only known issue:
* CAMERA still doesn't work (will need a full lib-wrapper, possibly adjusted from CyanogenMod CM10.2.1 ROM source?! ... to allow the ROM to access our upgraded 3.4.x kernel drivers for the cam)

DISCLAIMER:
a) I worked very hard on the needed kernel upgrade to support all the changes to get JB4.2 running on this Sense5 port to fireball

b) ... Currently we intent NOT to grant permission to use "ChaOri-K99" for other developers to use for publishing work based on this ROM!!! (Sorry!) ...

c) ... but you are highly welcome to write us a message to discuss possibilities to join our dev-team ... and if you are willing to help (coding, testing etc) to further improve the experience for all possible users out there ... that would be even better.

d) We won't be responsible if you break your device while trying to flash or use our ROM, never ever. Sorry, had to say this ... we sure tested & verified as good as we can, but obviously cannot guarantee anything further. We are sure, you'll understand it.

No MODS or other extras planned ... & additional support for this TEST-ROM is also NOT PLANNED

for a few screenshots check attachments below

CREDITS:
24ky for the ROM (KickDroidXL v5.0.0) and allowing us to use it on fireball
team KickDroid for creating the KickDroidXL ROM in the first place

me for the port to get KickDroidXL running on fireball & extra bits of modding
24ky for modding framework to support our extSD, which doesn't exist on original OneXL
me for the fireball3410 series300/JB42 kernel upgrade

possibly i sure forget someone (if you think your name should be here => drop me a note)

Hope you like this -> HIT THANKS ...& if you're feeling more generous: buy me a tea or so by donating
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kimba99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
[EXTRA] << spare post: just in case i will ever need it later on >> [/EXTRA]

HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psone1
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Good job man! Thank you!

zhaotiantian
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba99 View Post
[EXTRA] << spare post: just in case i will ever need it later on >> [/EXTRA]

Very good! Waiting for your's camera work

xXminiWHOOPERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 1357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaotiantian View Post
Very good! Waiting for your's camera work
There is a strong possibility it may never work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
InsertCoin, the most advanced Sense 6 ROM for M8 | M7 | M4 | Droid DNA | Butterfly | Butterfly S | Desire 601 | One XL

zhaotiantian
Old
Thanks Meter 39

Sent from my HTC X920e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

up_

Sent from my HTC X920e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
dinc4g, fireball, jb4.2, rom, sense 5