Thread Closed

[ROM][4.4] MIUI v5 [ all moto_msm8960 xHDPI]

OP Tqr

10th October 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Has activated SMS account in Hangouts, and SMS app twice per day switch to default....
Screen blinking blue if install any theme...
and FC in accessebility menu is there.
One question....I like the MIUI dialer at all, can it be exported to another ROM? I mean not only dialpad, but trinhe Incoming\Outgoing call interface
15th October 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #42  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,224

14,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niton

Has activated SMS account in Hangouts, and SMS app twice per day switch to default....
Screen blinking blue if install any theme...
and FC in accessebility menu is there.
One question....I like the MIUI dialer at all, can it be exported to another ROM? I mean not only dialpad, but trinhe Incoming\Outgoing call interface

Simply put no. It needs the miui framework to work.

Now bypassing the theme restriction on installing 3rd party themes is ok. I dont want to hear one more word about getting paid themes for an IOU. This is still warez and will be treated as such.

Also I do not see any kernel source code linked in the op. Make it happen captin.
16th October 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 15

171 posts
i am on 4.1.2 ....in order to flash this rom ...do i need KK bootloader?
or i can flash custom recovery and su.zip and then this rom directly?
16th October 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #44  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,366 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapyworld

i am on 4.1.2 ....in order to flash this rom ...do i need KK bootloader?
or i can flash custom recovery and su.zip and then this rom directly?

The title says it all (4.4). You have to be on the KK bootloader in order for this to work.
16th October 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #45  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 429

170 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Simply put no. It needs the miui framework to work.

Now bypassing the theme restriction on installing 3rd party themes is ok. I dont want to hear one more word about getting paid themes for an IOU. This is still warez and will be treated as such.

Also I do not see any kernel source code linked in the op. Make it happen captin.

Is it fine if I cite: https://github.com/CyanogenMod?query=kernel ?

Also the dialer and other components can be exported to other firmware; That's what MIUI lite is. it does not 'need' MIUI framework to be present but the functions it calls on do need to be present in a self-contained sense; even then when you port a single-app from MIUI for example and place it in a firmware that ALSO uses .mtz it will still theme accordingly for some reason; I really do not know why.

Edit 2: MIUI is contained entirely inside of the APP and Priv-app folder; the framework-miui-res contains resolution specific things and some 'default' theme components; but mostly the only difference between MIUI frameworks and non-MIUI frameworks are the MIUI frameworks have generic flags to call MIUI APK functionality

Edit 3: This firmware uses the stock CM kernel, MIUI is not a source built firmware even at Xiaomi they do not build but patch it to pre-existing firmwares

Edit 4: Xiaomi posts WSM-Tools on their website themselves; is it really Warez to make people aware that it exists? Outside of China there is no way to get MiCredits beside to buy from some middle-man which is not a sanctioned thing so they really don't care about it as much as you would think; and yes I would know
Last edited by Tqr; 16th October 2014 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tqr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 08:10 AM   |  #46  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,155

9,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Until the OP can make the ROM compliant with XDA rules I will remove the links and close this thread.

@Tqr, please PM me when you are ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tqr

Apparently I have to remove SuperMarket which is Warez according to XDAs rule, in addition I have to post links to CM kernel source as well but currently I'm busy with OSx86 things so I'm going to have to say this will be my last post on XDA until I'm able to create a fork of this firmware to satisfy the rules of this forum lol

Thread closed
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread