Hydrogen peroxide... failure

Search This thread

dman1049

Oct 28, 2009
Az
Tried to root with hydrogen peroxide... Phone reboots to ap fastboot and says flash failure... Have used rsdlite and started fresh to no avail. Any other ideas folks?

rickyreyne

Feb 23, 2010
Colombia
Tried to root with hydrogen peroxide... Phone reboots to ap fastboot and says flash failure... Have used rsdlite and started fresh to no avail. Any other ideas folks?

for flash failure, in folder adb:
cd..
cd..
cd fastboot
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

flash 183.46.45 and repeat the process with hidrogen peroxide

Reactions: HydrogenXS

dman1049

Oct 28, 2009
Az
cd..
cd..
cd fastboot
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

Rsd'd again and reran the program... says phones not supported in tr... i keep gettign the same error you were getting. following all instructions.. maybe there is something special about my phone. The sbf im using in rsd is Samurih(i think thats the user) file... is what it is i guess... Some point ill get a new phone

Reactions: chalo4

rickyreyne

Feb 23, 2010
Colombia
flash this VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml, run the hidrogen peroxide. After the first restart, you must verify that your kernel is date : May, if so opens towelroot and should work.

Last edited:
Having Problems Try This: Newbies Might Read This Too!

Okay, I just bought my fifth XT926 Since last December (2014). The first two and the fourth I was able to use Towel Root, and (even though this DOES NOT APPLY HERE) motopocalypse to unlock the boot loader. One I sent back because it was updated, Why do people ever take OTA updates!!!!

Anyways I bought one with a broken LCD with the latest OTA, it came in the mail today and I learned of this new root method.
About The Phone:
System Version
182.46.15.XT926.verizon.en.us
Android Version
BaseBand
Vanquish_BP_100731.020.64.21P
Kernal
3.4.42-gbd361ac
dbbuild@ca88inxdroid25 #1
tue july 29 30:03:04 PDT 2014
Build number
KDA20.62-15
Build Date
tue jul 29 02:51:09 PDT 2014

My first mistake was I did not realize there are two versions one for the XT907 and one for the XT926. I used the wrong one, so the flash to recovery failed. I kept getting stuck in fastboot with flash error, just kept typing fastboot continue, then eventually figured out if I successfully flash something, in my case I re-flashed the boot.img.

Finally I downloaded the correct exploit.: NOTE: the link listed on the page you copy and paste it, REMOVE THE SPACE between the DOT and the COM!!!!!
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58948308&postcount=11

Next I would run the exploit script and keep getting to the Boot To Recovery Part and Have the "Dead Android Dude" with the word NO COMMAND. I tried this several times, no luck, so I edited the bat script and where the script uses fastboot to flashes the Kernel into the recovery partition, and then reboots back to Android, then uses ADB to reboot into recovery. Well I decided heck with it, I went ahead and booted into fastboot, manually flashed the image, reset the phone and held the power keys in and went directly to recovery, and it booted to 4.4.2 kitkat with the May Kernel, and I ran the Towel Root exploit. Then I made a copy of the script and kept the first few lines up to the "cd files" erased everything up to the point is says run towel root. I then ran that script to clean things up. I could have just manually typed it all but hey, I'm lazy.

For Newbies or People not too comfortable with Android in general. Be warned these steps take you a step closer to potentially damaging your phone, but if do these steps right no worries. If you do soft brick the phone, just use rsdlite or fastboot and re-image it with the latest OTA. I'm not going to cover that here.

Steps:
NOTE when typing all commands are in quotes, do not include the quotes!
PLEASE READ ALL THE STEPS FIRST BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!

From the Hydrogen PEROXIDE XT926 folder
hold the shift key in and right mouse click on the files folder and select Open Command Window Here
This will open a command window with the current path set as the files folder.

Type
"ADB Devices" and you should see the device listed, if not, search the forums for help.
"ADB Reboot Bootloader" This will boot into fastboot
Alternately after opening the command line window with the phone powered off press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until fastboot is selected and then press volume up. This will also boot in to fastboot.

From the Command Line Window With the phone in Fastboot mode Type
"fastboot flash recovery root.img" You should get a message showing success, if not Stop Now because something else is wrong and I don't have an answer for you. :(
Next, take a deep breath and be ready to take action, as we are going to reboot the phone and before it has a chance to reboot, put it into recovery mode.
Type "fastboot reboot" as soone as the phone reboots (the screen goes black) press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until recovery is selected and then press volume up. This will also boot into the recovery partition which has the older kernel, so actually the phone will boot to the 4.4.2. You can verify that things worked by going to settings about phone and the Kernel version should be dated May 2014.

From the Phone
Find the Towel Root App and make sure the phone has internet connection and then run it.
You should get a message saying it worked, next run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up.

DON"T TRY THESE STEPS BEFORE FIRST TRYING THE AUTOMATED INSTALL_ROOT.BAT SCRIPT THE STEPS I MENTIONED ABOVE ASSUME THAT YOU INSTALLED THE EXPLOIT, TOWELROOT, AND THE SUPERUSER PROGRAM ALREADY. ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU RUN THE SCRIPT AND GET THE "DEAD ANDROID GUY WITH NO COMMAND" ON THE SCREEN

Last edited:
Reactions: Polecat!

dman1049

Oct 28, 2009
Az
Okay, I just bought my fifth XT926 Since last December (2014). The first two and the fourth I was able to use Towel Root, and (even though this DOES NOT APPLY HERE) motopocalypse to unlock the boot loader. One I sent back because it was updated, Why do people ever take OTA updates!!!!

Anyways I bought one with a broken LCD with the latest OTA, it came in the mail today and I learned of this new root method.
About The Phone:
System Version
Android Version
BaseBand
Kernal
3.4.42-gbd361ac
Build number
KDA20.62-15
Build Date

My first mistake was I did not realize there are two versions one for the XT907 and one for the XT926. I used the wrong one, so the flash to recovery failed. I kept getting stuck in fastboot with flash error, just kept typing fastboot continue, then eventually figured out if I successfully flash something, in my case I re-flashed the boot.img.

Finally I downloaded the correct exploit.: NOTE: the link listed on the page you copy and paste it, REMOVE THE SPACE between the DOT and the COM!!!!!

Next I would run the exploit script and keep getting to the Boot To Recovery Part and Have the "Dead Android Dude" with the word NO COMMAND. I tried this several times, no luck, so I edited the bat script and where the script uses fastboot to flashes the Kernel into the recovery partition, and then reboots back to Android, then uses ADB to reboot into recovery. Well I decided heck with it, I went ahead and booted into fastboot, manually flashed the image, reset the phone and held the power keys in and went directly to recovery, and it booted to 4.4.2 kitkat with the May Kernel, and I ran the Towel Root exploit. Then I made a copy of the script and kept the first few lines up to the "cd files" erased everything up to the point is says run towel root. I then ran that script to clean things up. I could have just manually typed it all but hey, I'm lazy.

For Newbies or People not too comfortable with Android in general. Be warned these steps take you a step closer to potentially damaging your phone, but if do these steps right no worries. If you do soft brick the phone, just use rsdlite or fastboot and re-image it with the latest OTA. I'm not going to cover that here.

Steps:

hold the shift key in and right mouse click on the files folder and select Open Command Window Here

Type
"ADB Devices" and you should see the device listed, if not, search the forums for help.
Alternately after opening the command line window with the phone powered off press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until fastboot is selected and then press volume up. This will also boot in to fastboot.

"fastboot flash recovery root.img" You should get a message showing success, if not Stop Now because something else is wrong and I don't have an answer for you. :(
Next, take a deep breath and be ready to take action, as we are going to reboot the phone and before it has a chance to reboot, put it into recovery mode.
Type "fastboot reboot" as soone as the phone reboots (the screen goes black) press and hold volume up/volume down, and while holding press power for four seconds and release all the buttons. Then when the menu appears press volume down until recovery is selected and then press volume up. This will also boot into the recovery partition which has the older kernel, so actually the phone will boot to the 4.4.2. You can verify that things worked by going to settings about phone and the Kernel version should be dated May 2014.

From the Phone
Find the Towel Root App and make sure the phone has internet connection and then run it.
You should get a message saying it worked, next run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up.

DON"T TRY THESE STEPS BEFORE FIRST TRYING THE AUTOMATED INSTALL_ROOT.BAT SCRIPT THE STEPS I MENTIONED ABOVE ASSUME THAT YOU INSTALLED THE EXPLOIT, TOWELROOT, AND THE SUPERUSER PROGRAM ALREADY. ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU RUN THE SCRIPT AND GET THE "DEAD ANDROID GUY WITH NO COMMAND" ON THE SCREEN
I got an error saying preflash validation failed for recovery... I have a july 29th build date

I got an error saying preflash validation failed for recovery... I have a july 29th build date

Are you sure you are using the correct exploit? The one for the XT907 will not work with the XT926 and vice versa. My link listed in the post links to another forum that has the link for an XT926. I see that link is missing. I had trouble finding a copy of the XT926 version. If you can't find it send me a message and I will put it somewhere that you can get to it. I have both exploits saved.

Last edited:

CallOfHonor100

Oct 19, 2012
run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up.

I did everything accordingly. Got the May 2014 kernel. Ran towelroot and it said 'You should be rooted now. No reboot required'
What do i do now? I did not understand your last step:
"run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up"

I did everything accordingly. Got the May 2014 kernel. Ran towelroot and it said 'You should be rooted now. No reboot required'
"run the script I mentioned above with the first half of the steps removed and run it, this will put the phone's recovery image back and clean things up"

Below is the script I used to "clean up" after using my steps. Basically I removed all the lines leading up to the step run towel root from the script included with the exploit.

Copy the lines below into a text file named Cleanup.bat and put it in the same folder as the other .bat file then and run it.

@ECHO off
SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion

cd files

cls
echo =============================================
echo Device found!
echo Plaese open towelroot on your device, get root and press any key when you be ready...
pause

echo Reboot to fastboot!
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb wait-for-device
echo Device found!
adb reboot bootloader

cls
echo Device found!
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot

cls
echo Please wait for the device to reboot

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb wait-for-device

echo Device found!
adb uninstall com.geohot.towelroot
adb uninstall org.keenteam
adb install supersu.apk
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/a"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/systemrw.sh"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/getroot"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/giefroot"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/wp_mod.ko"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/modulecrcpatch"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/installsupersu.sh"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/SuperSU.zip"
adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/memfile"

echo Done. You can now unplug your device.
echo Enjoy root!
pause

<end do not copy this line>

Reactions: CallOfHonor100

Polecat!

Jul 11, 2015
Confirmed to work on RAZR MAXX HD XT926M

Just wanted to say Thanks!!, and that this worked for me with my RAZR MAXX HD that I just got from eBay.

Ended up having to use the manual boot method for Recovery Mode. Kept getting the dead android with red exclamation.

For those who may be running into problems with the automated script or getting TowelRoot to work (needs older kernel),
very important:

Be sure to put your phone in AIRPLANE Mode, even with manual method. (that was my problem (to stubborn to think it mattered))
It seems that when the recovery image boots, (if the data plan is active) the kernel will update automatically to the July 31.
In Airplane mode, the kernel cannot update, and the May Kernel will be active, allowing TowelRoot to work.

Rooted with 182.46.15.XT926 July 29 2014

OngPangTau

Jun 13, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi derpyherp,

I am the late comer...would you mind to double confirm your device System version is 183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.em.US and the Build number is KDA20.62-15.1 and not others? The reason I asked this is because there are some users mentioned that the Build number: KDA20.62-15 (root-able) and Build number: KDA20.62-15.1 (unroot-able) are different...

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cd..
    cd..
    cd fastboot
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot reboot

cd..
    cd..
    cd fastboot
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot reboot

Rsd'd again and reran the program... says phones not supported in tr... i keep gettign the same error you were getting. following all instructions.. maybe there is something special about my phone. The sbf im using in rsd is Samurih(i think thats the user) file... is what it is i guess... Some point ill get a new phone
    Having Problems Try This: Newbies Might Read This Too!

About The Phone:
    System Version
    Android Version
    BaseBand
    Kernal
    3.4.42-gbd361ac
    Build number
    KDA20.62-15
    Build Date

Steps:

Type

From the Phone

Below is the script I used to "clean up" after using my steps. Basically I removed all the lines leading up to the step run towel root from the script included with the exploit.

Copy the lines below into a text file named Cleanup.bat and put it in the same folder as the other .bat file then and run it.

@ECHO off
    SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion

cd files

cls
    echo Device found!
    echo Plaese open towelroot on your device, get root and press any key when you be ready...
    pause

echo Reboot to fastboot!
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    adb wait-for-device
    echo Device found!
    adb reboot bootloader

cls
    echo Device found!
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

cls
    echo Please wait for the device to reboot

adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    adb wait-for-device

echo Device found!
    adb uninstall com.geohot.towelroot
    adb uninstall org.keenteam
    adb install supersu.apk
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/a"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/systemrw.sh"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/getroot"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/giefroot"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/wp_mod.ko"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/modulecrcpatch"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/installsupersu.sh"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/SuperSU.zip"
    adb shell "rm /data/local/tmp/memfile"

echo Done. You can now unplug your device.
    echo Enjoy root!
    pause

<end do not copy this line>
    Kongo root works for the July 29th build it can be run on PC or via apk download. No reboot needed just WiFi or data connection