Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Frozen black screen, auto reboots...

Tip us?

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Frozen black screen, auto reboots...

Moto RAZR HD, Kitkat rooted, locked. VZW phone, not on VZW network.

About a week after Kitkat update my phone started this (still on VZW at the time). It will randomly get stuck with a black screen and the only way to get it back up is to hold the power button and it will do a reboot. Sometimes that reboot is no good and I need to manually shut it down again and restart. I have tried freezing things with Ti with no avail. Since it is random, I am assuming it is an app running in the background or a setting. I have posted a question about other apps to freeze on the string here and am waiting a reply.

Has anyone came across a fix for this issue or has an idea?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 571
I doubt you will find a simple fix or app to freeze to stop this problem.
IMO your best option would be to reflash stock. You can use my script from the Dev forum and keep data, but I recommend backing up your data and doing a full wipe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I actually did get it fixed. Well, I am declaring it fixed after 2 days with no problems.

I ran across a thread about forcing the phone to use HSPA+ and noticed the symptoms were close to what I had. Instead of doing the scrip edit as per entry one, I simply used Ti backup to freeze the fast dormancy app.

Like I said, two days with no problems at all, in fact, phone is better than ever!