Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Frozen black screen, auto reboots...

OP Huli13

3rd July 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Moto RAZR HD, Kitkat rooted, locked. VZW phone, not on VZW network.

About a week after Kitkat update my phone started this (still on VZW at the time). It will randomly get stuck with a black screen and the only way to get it back up is to hold the power button and it will do a reboot. Sometimes that reboot is no good and I need to manually shut it down again and restart. I have tried freezing things with Ti with no avail. Since it is random, I am assuming it is an app running in the background or a setting. I have posted a question about other apps to freeze on the string here and am waiting a reply.

Has anyone came across a fix for this issue or has an idea?
4th July 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 789

1,740 posts
More
I doubt you will find a simple fix or app to freeze to stop this problem.
IMO your best option would be to reflash stock. You can use my script from the Dev forum and keep data, but I recommend backing up your data and doing a full wipe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
I actually did get it fixed. Well, I am declaring it fixed after 2 days with no problems.

I ran across a thread about forcing the phone to use HSPA+ and noticed the symptoms were close to what I had. Instead of doing the scrip edit as per entry one, I simply used Ti backup to freeze the fast dormancy app.

Like I said, two days with no problems at all, in fact, phone is better than ever!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread