Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] lets make a list of ROMS for TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0(kitkat Bootloader))

Tip us?

JohnnyMcG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Prompt [Q] lets make a list of ROMS for TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0(kitkat Bootloader))

Can we start a list of sorts with Roms that work with the new bootloader?? so far i read that Dhacker29 has a few test builds of cm11 . i have one installed right now and it has some bugs but works and is faster than my hd has ever been . i can run this game i like and before it couldnt play without lagging now it runs crazy fast . anyway thank you Dhacker29 for the recovery and rom. i was reading another site and someone mentioned another dev that had a test build out for the new recovery but i cant for the life of me find or remember who it was. also how can i tell if a rom will work without trying to install it. i read that the kernel had to be 3.5 and newer or some shshhsh. anyway thanks in advance to anyone that responds
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyMcG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaysp656
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I second this. Was actually thinking of suggesting the same thing. Might help keep people from flashing the JB kernel Roms and asking what they did wrong. Least maybe a bit more.
>.>
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaysp656 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnnyMcG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default almost forgot

heres a link to Dhackers Test rom that im using . it has a few minor bugs but all the hardware works soo
http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhack...ITKAT-TEST.zip
i hope its ok to do this anyway Thanks Dhacker29!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyMcG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaysp656
Old
Thanks Meter 15
http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/
here's the whole directory with all his builds and where I think he adds them

cmh714
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I believe there is a PACMan Alpha out as well. Has the same bugs as CM11

JohnnyMcG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post
I believe there is a PACMan Alpha out as well. Has the same bugs as CM11
i would love to have pacman rom on here!! i read that you cant downgrade your bootloader is this true or is that only apply to locked bootloaders?

spapesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcG View Post
Can we start a list of sorts with Roms that work with the new bootloader?? so far i read that Dhacker29 has a few test builds of cm11 . i have one installed right now and it has some bugs but works and is faster than my hd has ever been . i can run this game i like and before it couldnt play without lagging now it runs crazy fast . anyway thank you Dhacker29 for the recovery and rom. i was reading another site and someone mentioned another dev that had a test build out for the new recovery but i cant for the life of me find or remember who it was. also how can i tell if a rom will work without trying to install it. i read that the kernel had to be 3.5 and newer or some shshhsh. anyway thanks in advance to anyone that responds
Any stable builds? Maybe some that use stock and then tweak it out.

JohnnyMcG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
i think you can install the stock files and then root and use a root app manager to remove all the bloatware from your phone. there is even a thread that tells you all the apps you can get rid of without jacking anything up. here you can check it out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756195

JohnnyMcG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spapesh View Post
Any stable builds? Maybe some that use stock and then tweak it out.
after root you can download xposed installer and then download one of the customizing modules and you can then change your icons in the status bar. nav bar, even alter the way your toast messages come in . anything you can think change the color of your wifi and 4g icons or change them to something entirely diff . here check that out too . you probably already know all this already but just in case.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...gelog-t2714053

onestoploser
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcG View Post
i think you can install the stock files and then root and use a root app manager to remove all the bloatware from your phone. there is even a thread that tells you all the apps you can get rid of without jacking anything up. here you can check it out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756195
This is what I did. I was already running stock KK before rooting/unlocking. Still running it now but I removed a lot of crap. I'm looking forward to at least a few stable ROMs to try out on this phone, but I'm cool with this for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk