Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q&A] [RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-

OP QA Bot

QA Bot
2nd December 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
2nd December 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Question about CWM compatibility
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvita

f**n found it mirrored

Hi, I would like to flash CWM and root the device, however I would like to understand first: I have xt925, on the CWM site there is recovery v6.0.4.4 for it, but it says nothing about OS version. Here, you have 6.0.4.9 done specifically for KitKat. So,
1)Why is recovery different for different OS versions?
1.1)Since recovery can be used to flash different ROMs (e.g. I can flash android 4.0 with it), will it work if it is designed specifically for 4.4?
1.2)Recovery is loaded when OS is not yet loaded, or am I missing something?
2)xt925 and xt926 are different only by the band (GSM vs. CDMA), why are recoveries different for them? Are they really different?
3)For my xt925 (details below), which CWM version should I use - the one on CWM site (6.0.4.4.), the one provided in the quoted post?

Now I have system: 181.46.3.XT925.RCI.en.CA
Android: 4.4.2
Build: KDA20.117-3 as of Oct 15 2014
Kernel: 3.4.42-g2c8ced9-0001-g3e4503c

---
Thank you very much!!!
2nd December 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 56

240 posts
More
sorry bro i used twrp, found on droidrzr.
it should work. if you run into any issues just reboot to bootloader and flash the recovery you currently have.
The Following User Says Thank You to djvita For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Need help with flashing CWM recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killrhythm09

Stock ROMs have a script that will check for stock recovery and install it on boot if it's not there.

If you delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh, you can keep your custom recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976

After you fastboot flash the recovery in. Unplug you device from PC and tap power button to exit fastboot mode. Then enter bootloader mode and select recovery. Once the custom recovery initializes no need to remove the script like suggested below...

Hi, I have just unlocked the bootloader and now I am trying to flash CWM, but I get exactly the same sympthoms: flash is successful, but after that I get into stock recovery.
Since I cannot get into custom recovery, I cannot flash root, hence I cannot delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (or am I missing something)?
I have tried both unplugging the device and leaving it plugged - anyway, I get the stock recovery... What am I doing wrong???

I have xt925
After successful CWM flash, I unplug the cable. Then I tap power, the screen goes blank. Then I hold volume up + power, get into boot menu. Then volume down, up - select recovery - get the stock...

I have also tried holding both up and down buttons when powering on to get into bootloader menu - same result

----
Found the solution - I was flashing the images that were not placed into platform-tools directory - looks like it caused the problem.
Once I moved the .img to platform-tools and then flashed - everything worked...
Last edited by sergeyc; 3rd December 2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Found the solution!
The Following User Says Thank You to sergeyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread