MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Bricked xt925 - read-only eMMC ?

27th August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Hello,

Since yesterday my phone is crashing about 20-30 seconds after properly booting. I can unlock the phone with my lockscreen pattern, I land on my homescreen but process like Google Play Services goes like "x has stopped working".

On CWM I've erased /system and /data and then reflash a rom (Slimkat or CM), Erasing and flashing process on CWM seems to work as planned but when the phone reboot it's still on Slimkat with all my datas, like if nothing have been done in CWM.

So I've rebooted on the bootloader and tried a "fastboot -w", again the process seems to be ok on my pc but when the phone reboot it is still on this f**ked rom with all my datas, like if fastboot have done nothing.

I've tried to flash an up-to-date CWM, same thing again.

I think the eMMC chip are deeply corrupted, they say any writing on it is ok but in fact they are read-only, which may explain why all the process are crashing after the boot and why flashing seams ok but are useless.

What do you think XDA, andy idea about my problem ? Do you think it's an Hardware issue or what can I do to solve it ?
27th August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Thanks Meter: 49

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why not flashing a stock firmware to go back to STOCK?
27th August 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad

Why not flashing a stock firmware to go back to STOCK?

I've tried it with RSDLite but same thing again, everyhing seams ok in RSDLite, the 22 blocks are writed but at the reboot it's still the same Slimkat with my datas.
27th August 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 610

1,461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel3

I've tried it with RSDLite but same thing again, everyhing seams ok in RSDLite, the 22 blocks are writed but at the reboot it's still the same Slimkat with my datas.

if infact it has gone read only as has happened to some other users, there is no known fix. all known angles have been explored, even with input from a developer.

if you find a fix, post it, it may help others.
most likely, you will need a new phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
I agree with bwen diord...aint never see anyone recover from that, least not yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmh714 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714

I agree with bwen diord...aint never see anyone recover from that, least not yet.

I've just see it's possible to boot from the SD card in that case but I'm to lazy to try it.

Goodbye little RAZR HD, we have covered a lot of mileage together, it's time to leave.

Anyway thanks for the help XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank