5,814,981 Members 39,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked xt925 - read-only eMMC ?

Tip us?

Ezekiel3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Bricked xt925 - read-only eMMC ?

Hello,

Since yesterday my phone is crashing about 20-30 seconds after properly booting. I can unlock the phone with my lockscreen pattern, I land on my homescreen but process like Google Play Services goes like "x has stopped working".

On CWM I've erased /system and /data and then reflash a rom (Slimkat or CM), Erasing and flashing process on CWM seems to work as planned but when the phone reboot it's still on Slimkat with all my datas, like if nothing have been done in CWM.

So I've rebooted on the bootloader and tried a "fastboot -w", again the process seems to be ok on my pc but when the phone reboot it is still on this f**ked rom with all my datas, like if fastboot have done nothing.

I've tried to flash an up-to-date CWM, same thing again.

I think the eMMC chip are deeply corrupted, they say any writing on it is ok but in fact they are read-only, which may explain why all the process are crashing after the boot and why flashing seams ok but are useless.

What do you think XDA, andy idea about my problem ? Do you think it's an Hardware issue or what can I do to solve it ?

joel_sinbad
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Why not flashing a stock firmware to go back to STOCK?

Ezekiel3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad View Post
Why not flashing a stock firmware to go back to STOCK?
I've tried it with RSDLite but same thing again, everyhing seams ok in RSDLite, the 22 blocks are writed but at the reboot it's still the same Slimkat with my datas.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel3 View Post
I've tried it with RSDLite but same thing again, everyhing seams ok in RSDLite, the 22 blocks are writed but at the reboot it's still the same Slimkat with my datas.
if infact it has gone read only as has happened to some other users, there is no known fix. all known angles have been explored, even with input from a developer.

if you find a fix, post it, it may help others.
most likely, you will need a new phone.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmh714
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I agree with bwen diord...aint never see anyone recover from that, least not yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmh714 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ezekiel3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post
I agree with bwen diord...aint never see anyone recover from that, least not yet.
I've just see it's possible to boot from the SD card in that case but I'm to lazy to try it.

Goodbye little RAZR HD, we have covered a lot of mileage together, it's time to leave.

Anyway thanks for the help XDA