Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SOLVED] Cannot change Date and Time (December 31, 1969)

OP saranay

1st November 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 17

134 posts
More
Thumbs up
Edit: I figured out the problem. I was reading other posts on the web and one person said they had similar issue when they replaced the screen. So there is only two ribbons that attach to main board, I took it apart again and reset the cables. Powered on and date was set correctly. Big sigh of relief as I thought i would have to send the board back.

its strange, I get this problem after doing a mainboard swap. It did a bootloop when I first started it, thought it may of been a corrupt system so just did the kitkat update, was able to root and unlock the bootloader on the new board and that is when I noticed the date. flashed back to JB with house of moto universal script and I get the same bootloop. My phone worked fine with the old mainboard. I just changed it because the sim card reader would go out. Either I got a bad board or something. I'll continue to investigate but any input would be appreciated.
Last edited by yujikaido79; 1st November 2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Fixed it
1st November 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

15 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujikaido79

its strange, I get this problem after doing a mainboard swap. It did a bootloop when I first started it, thought it may of been a corrupt system so just did the kitkat update, was able to root and unlock the bootloader on the new board and that is when I noticed the date. flashed back to JB with house of moto universal script and I get the same bootloop. My phone worked fine with the old mainboard. I just changed it because the sim card reader would go out. Either I got a bad board or something. I'll continue to investigate but any input would be appreciated.

Go download this app "Test Your Android", to test the hardware on your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread