Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Computer recognizes phone as a CD drive

OP Wojojojo

5th September 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I recently had to sbf my xt926 back to stock 4.4.2, and I'm running into a problem getting my computer to read the phone. Rather than showing up as a phone, when I plug it into my computer it shows up as a CD drive.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest motorola device manager, but that didn't help. Nor did going into the windows device manager and trying to update the drivers for the "CD drive", and in fact that just makes the device manager stop responding. I've tried with USB debugging on, but then it doesn't show up at all. I've tried with the phone in PTP mode, with the same problem as USB debugging, it just doesn't show up. I've tried uninstalling the drivers for the "CD drive", unplugging the phone, and plugging it back in, but it still just gets recognized as a CD drive.

Oh, and of course I've tried restarting both the phone and the computer.

I would try plugging the SD card in directly, but unfortunately I can't seem to find my microSD to SD converter, and my computer only has a normal SD slot. I might go out and buy a new one tomorrow if this problem persists.

Anyone know how to get the correct drivers installed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread