Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Fastboot Mode Issue

OP akkay1

7th July 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
More
Dear All,

Please help me regarding fastboot. When I press 3 keys (vol-up, vol-down and power key) while phone is off. I see the black and white screen written boot modes. From there when I select AP Fastbood device is restart with red Motorola logo and end up on home screen.. I have tried several times to turn off the device and repeat this process but no issue still there..

Moreover, if I did not select any options from boot modes than device automatically rebooted after 3 or 4 seconds..

Please help me out.. I want to unlock the boot loader root and install custom ROM..

Currently Model Number is XT925 and device is completely stock.. never rooted before...

thanks and regards,
Last edited by akkay1; 7th July 2014 at 05:33 PM.
7th July 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkay1

Dear All,

Please help me regarding fastboot. When I press 3 keys (vol-up, vol-down and power key) while phone is off. I see the black and white screen written boot modes. From there when I select AP Fastbood device is restart with red Motorola logo and end up on home screen.. I have tried several times to turn off the device and repeat this process but no issue still there..

Moreover, if I did not select any options from boot modes than device automatically rebooted after 3 or 4 seconds..

Please help me out.. I want to unlock the boot loader root and install custom ROM..

Currently Model Number is XT925 and device is completely stock.. never rooted before...

thanks and regards,

After you use the volume down key to highlight "Fastboot", do you then press the volume up key to select it? If you just sit there and wait it will reboot normally. You must press the volume up key after you've highlighted the menu option.
8th July 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 662

1,547 posts
More
Quote:

Dear All,

thanks and regards,

try this,
-install adb on your pc
-plug in phone when powered up
- open a command prompt in your adb dir
- type in: adb devices then enter. it should show your phone in the prompt. also check your phone, there may be a popup to acknowledge.
- rerun adb devices until it shows your phone properly or you cant proceed
-now type in: adb reboot bootloader

if it works, the phone should reboot to the fastboot screen.
if it doesnt stick in fastboot, im sorry but i dont know what else to tell you to try.
8th July 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
More
Thank-you for the Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

try this,
-install adb on your pc
-plug in phone when powered up
- open a command prompt in your adb dir
- type in: adb devices then enter. it should show your phone in the prompt. also check your phone, there may be a popup to acknowledge.
- rerun adb devices until it shows your phone properly or you cant proceed
-now type in: adb reboot bootloader

if it works, the phone should reboot to the fastboot screen.
if it doesnt stick in fastboot, im sorry but i dont know what else to tell you to try.

Thankyou so much for the reply, i followed your instructions and finally get in fastboot mode and unlocked the boot loader. However, is there any way from which I can go into recovery.. because through hardware way I am unable to go in recovery. Thanks

EDIT: I have tried entering command adb reboot recovery, then phone was rebooted and there was green android on screen with chest open.. thats it... i have waited for few minutes and rebooted the device mannually.
Last edited by akkay1; 8th July 2014 at 08:28 AM.
8th July 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 662

1,547 posts
More
Quote:

Thankyou so much for the reply, i followed your instructions and finally get in fastboot mode and unlocked the boot loader. However, is there any way from which I can go into recovery.. because through hardware way I am unable to go in recovery. Thanks

EDIT: I have tried entering command adb reboot recovery, then phone was rebooted and there was green android on screen with chest open.. thats it... i have waited for few minutes and rebooted the device mannually.

That's the entry to stock recovery. You have to push a combination of buttons from there to get into recovery. I forget the button combination, it has been posted many times, try searching or wait for someone else to jump in with the answer.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Not sure where to post this question been reading so many post my eyes are tired......

- XT926 upgraded to kitkat 183.46 last week via flash in RSD from JB 4.1.2
- Root went well DONE (Towel root .apk)
- Unlock went well DONE (Motopocalypse .apk) yes fastboot shows the #3
- Flashed TWRP 2.7.1 DONE (did it using the adb in motopocolypse)
- Backed up my current stock ROM in TWRP seemed to go well the program confirmed the backup was successful...So I thought
- Got confident and wanted to try flashing CM11 (Kitkat version)
- After flashing CM11 my phone got stuck at boot like many others have.... no problem I backed up my stock ROM in TWRP.....So I thought
- Went to restore my stock ROM using TWRP and yup you guessed it like many others the restore failed half way through

Not a big deal starting fresh can be a good thing BUT I really need my old text messages and all I have is a USB backup of the phone (Internal/SDcard) on my PC and of course the TWRP back-up on the SDcard that won’t restore ...... Is there any way to get these messages back to my phone????
9th July 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka144

Not a big deal starting fresh can be a good thing BUT I really need my old text messages and all I have is a USB backup of the phone (Internal/SDcard) on my PC and of course the TWRP back-up on the SDcard that won’t restore ...... Is there any way to get these messages back to my phone????

Not sure how to help you with your immediate problem at hand, but going forward, I definitely recommend the sms backup + from the Google Play Store. Nice thing with that app is, you can link it to your gmail account, and all your text messages are backed up to your gmail.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread