[Q] I feel like such a noob

12th July 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hi,

I'm getting killed with this device. I have a VZW XT926 Stock from reverting back to VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml this twice tonight:
I'll begin with how I started, I unlocked the SIM and threw a T-Mobile in there. No problems, so I rooted with Towelunlock, installed SuperSU and updated the Binary. Then I installed TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT through Fastboot. I could get into TWRP and all was right with the world. Then I tried to install cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-moto_msm8960 and I'd get stuck at the Moto dual core logo. No progressing. So I thought maybe the Factory reset wipe wasn't enough in TWRP so back to recovery and wipe everything, and flash again and reboot and same result. So now I can only boot to recovery I didn't backup my current rom, cause, ya know I'm a stoopid, and I have to factory reset to 4.4.2, and re root, and re unlock sim. Frustrated right now to the point of entertaining the idea of using this Verizon bloat rom rooted and not going for CM11.

I'm sure I'm too tired to keep this up tonight, and I'll probably really brick my phone if I keep at it without any sleep. My question for you is:
What am I doing wrong, what simple instruction am I missing when reading that is screwing me up? Because I'm too dumb/tired/whatever to figure it out without your help.
12th July 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

10 posts
The snapshot is for the old kernel. Download the newest nightly. I ran into the same issue not knowing. Its that easy!
The Following User Says Thank You to ESCollins90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
You need to start over jethro....back to HoM And this time make a backup of Stock before flashing a custom rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by j37hr0

Hi,

I'm getting killed with this device. I have a VZW XT926 Stock from reverting back to VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml this twice tonight:
I'll begin with how I started, I unlocked the SIM and threw a T-Mobile in there. No problems, so I rooted with Towelunlock, installed SuperSU and updated the Binary. Then I installed TWRP2710-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT through Fastboot. I could get into TWRP and all was right with the world. Then I tried to install cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-moto_msm8960 and I'd get stuck at the Moto dual core logo. No progressing. So I thought maybe the Factory reset wipe wasn't enough in TWRP so back to recovery and wipe everything, and flash again and reboot and same result. So now I can only boot to recovery I didn't backup my current rom, cause, ya know I'm a stoopid, and I have to factory reset to 4.4.2, and re root, and re unlock sim. Frustrated right now to the point of entertaining the idea of using this Verizon bloat rom rooted and not going for CM11.

I'm sure I'm too tired to keep this up tonight, and I'll probably really brick my phone if I keep at it without any sleep. My question for you is:
What am I doing wrong, what simple instruction am I missing when reading that is screwing me up? Because I'm too dumb/tired/whatever to figure it out without your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmh714 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCollins90

The snapshot is for the old kernel. Download the newest nightly. I ran into the same issue not knowing. Its that easy!

Yup, this worked. Now to delete that backup

Sent from my Amazon Jem using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread