Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 38,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat update caused problems

Tip us?

toka793
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default KitKat update caused problems

I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by toka793 View Post
I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.
At this point, I would suggest doing a factor data rest which wipes out everything including your internal SD card. That, are you could go into fastboot mode and wipe that way and still save the internal SD card.

Sounds like something got hosed up during the OTA with the settings.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

toka793
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I already did a factory reset from settings and from recovery mode. Didn't solve the problem

grunt344
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You could try running the utility again. I had to run that utility twice to get all my bugs fixed. I think it has to do with the bootloader update.

saranay
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can you flash back to JB stock?
If you get bootloops after flash back to JB. Then you have a failure sensor somewhere on your phone.