Ask a question

No registration required

KitKat update caused problems

OP toka793

20th July 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.
20th July 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 475

1,424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toka793

I updated using droid razr hd utility 1.41. Everything went well, but then... I couldn't sign in Google account, couldn't change date/time, when using chrome, I can't connect to Google.com, it says something about interfering secure connection or something. I think it has to do something with certificates, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have same type of problems? Or does anyone know how to fix it? System files are also modified at "05/28/1970" which is the "UNCHANGEABLE" date.

At this point, I would suggest doing a factor data rest which wipes out everything including your internal SD card. That, are you could go into fastboot mode and wipe that way and still save the internal SD card.

Sounds like something got hosed up during the OTA with the settings.
20th July 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
I already did a factory reset from settings and from recovery mode. Didn't solve the problem
24th July 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
More
You could try running the utility again. I had to run that utility twice to get all my bugs fixed. I think it has to do with the bootloader update.
30th August 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

15 posts
Can you flash back to JB stock?
If you get bootloops after flash back to JB. Then you have a failure sensor somewhere on your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread