Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No LTE

Tip us?

ESCollins90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default No LTE

Hello!

I was running CM11 7/17 build and randomly my phone lost all phone service. Or so it seemed. So it seemed. I was able to call *228 to try to update roaming service. Well, it worked, except now, my phone stays in 3G and still doesn't seem to be full strength. Does anyone know what I need to do.

Also, I've updated to 7/27 CM11 and that didn't change anything service wise.

Thank you!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCollins90 View Post
Hello!

I was running CM11 7/17 build and randomly my phone lost all phone service. Or so it seemed. So it seemed. I was able to call *228 to try to update roaming service. Well, it worked, except now, my phone stays in 3G and still doesn't seem to be full strength. Does anyone know what I need to do.

Also, I've updated to 7/27 CM11 and that didn't change anything service wise.

Thank you!
im pretty sure you dont want to use 228 on a smart phone, its not like a dumb phone that needs updates like that.
i would put stock on and see if you still have the issue.
if that doesnt fix it, or you dont want to do that, i would get a new sim card and see if that helps. you may have burned the 4g out of the sim.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

ESCollins90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
im pretty sure you dont want to use 228 on a smart phone, its not like a dumb phone that needs updates like that.
i would put stock on and see if you still have the issue.
if that doesnt fix it, or you dont want to do that, i would get a new sim card and see if that helps. you may have burned the 4g out of the sim.
Stock works fine. And I had this problem before when I used a locked boot loader ROM. But when I upgraded to KitKat and unlocked the boot loader and tinstalled CM11 everything was fine.

Is there a way to reset my phones cell/data service back? Instead of Verizon Wireless it just says T-CDMA 64 now as well.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCollins90 View Post
Stock works fine. And I had this problem before when I used a locked boot loader ROM. But when I upgraded to KitKat and unlocked the boot loader and tinstalled CM11 everything was fine.

Is there a way to reset my phones cell/data service back? Instead of Verizon Wireless it just says T-CDMA 64 now as well.
i dont know exactly, i can only say what i would try if i were in your situation.
first i would re-flash the rom, just wipe cache's and system.
if no fix, i would try re-flashing only the modem's. edit the stock xml file and dump every line except the modem's and modem wiping lines then flash with rsd.
if no fix, i would have to say, a full wipe and re-install of the rom is in order.
if that dont fix it, i dont know what else to try.

i would do a backup before you try any of that, although its mostly useless, as you would just be backing up the broken setup. would just help to recover any data if you need to.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ESCollins90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
i dont know exactly, i can only say what i would try if i were in your situation.
first i would re-flash the rom, just wipe cache's and system.
if no fix, i would try re-flashing only the modem's. edit the stock xml file and dump every line except the modem's and modem wiping lines then flash with rsd.
if no fix, i would have to say, a full wipe and re-install of the rom is in order.
if that dont fix it, i dont know what else to try.

i would do a backup before you try any of that, although its mostly useless, as you would just be backing up the broken setup. would just help to recover any data if you need to.
Okay. That was what I was fearing. But I'll give it a try when I get home! Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ESCollins90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cabjmb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had the same problem, and I ended up getting a new SIM card. That fixed the problem, but I don't know if that was the only way to fix it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to cabjmb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]