Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] OTA Update got me stuck in semi-bootloop...

OP pintyguy

29th August 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Awesome I was just about to ask for a link, thank you. And I actually got this phone pre-rooted and everything, so the guy before me must have flashed the modem. When I got it I just dropped T-Mobile sim in and it worked just fine. Luckily I'm not new to any of this, I just had a Galaxy s3 running CM11 I believe, but got rid of it and got this. Again, appreciate all the help. Gonna give it a go now and I'll report back soon.
29th August 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11

one is a Verizon phone the other is for other carriers
does your phone have Verizon branding on it?

Well I'm about at my wits end on this one. I couldn't get the Moto Diag driver to correctly install to port, so I went with the RadioComm method instead. I followed a tutorial off this site, which I can't link to just yet asbi do not have enough posts. But followed it to a tee, and it seemingly was successful. But after reboot I only showed bars for about a minute, then right back to no service, T-Mobile could not be registered at this time. Nowhere in the comments or in the guide did they mention to wait the 5 minutes after writing with this method, could that possibly be why? I'm really starting to get frustrated at this point...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-29-13-57-00.png
Views:	15
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2917157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-29-10-24-23.png
Views:	15
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	2917158  
30th August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Alright, so after 3 days of tirelessly pouring over the forums and two different laptops, I'm finally back up and running. I couldn't get the Moto Diag drivers to correctly install to the port, on either computer, (one was running Windows XP SP3, the other Windows 7x64)so using CDMA WS was out of the question all together. I ended up following the tutorial on using RadioComm to flash the modem instead. First attempt was successful, but I immediately rebooted when it was finished writing, and apparently it didn't stick. So I went back, checked first, and it had reverted back from "00" back to "01",meaning it was locked again. So I rewrote it, and this time left it plugged in after if finished for about 10 minutes, then rebooted, and voila, back up and running, no problems since. I repeat, if you are flashing the modem, whether it be with CDMA WS, or RadioComm, YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST 5 MINUTES AFTER FLASHING BEFORE REBOOT, otherwise it will not stick and your wasting your time. Thank you for all the help, it is very much appreciated.

Link for the RadioComm tutorial I ended up using:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

On a side note, is it really worth unlocking my bootloader? I realize I'm right at the list version where is possible, and all over the forums it's threatened "UNLOCK NOW OR STAY LOCKED FOREVER!", just curious if it's really worth the time and effort. But again, thanks to everyone who helped, and if I may assist anyone else in a similar situation feel free to ask.
30th August 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 92

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintyguy

Alright, so after 3 days of tirelessly pouring over the forums and two different laptops, I'm finally back up and running. I couldn't get the Moto Diag drivers to correctly install to the port, on either computer, (one was running Windows XP SP3, the other Windows 7x64)so using CDMA WS was out of the question all together. I ended up following the tutorial on using RadioComm to flash the modem instead. First attempt was successful, but I immediately rebooted when it was finished writing, and apparently it didn't stick. So I went back, checked first, and it had reverted back from "00" back to "01",meaning it was locked again. So I rewrote it, and this time left it plugged in after if finished for about 10 minutes, then rebooted, and voila, back up and running, no problems since. I repeat, if you are flashing the modem, whether it be with CDMA WS, or RadioComm, YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST 5 MINUTES AFTER FLASHING BEFORE REBOOT, otherwise it will not stick and your wasting your time. Thank you for all the help, it is very much appreciated.

Link for the RadioComm tutorial I ended up using:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

On a side note, is it really worth unlocking my bootloader? I realize I'm right at the list version where is possible, and all over the forums it's threatened "UNLOCK NOW OR STAY LOCKED FOREVER!", just curious if it's really worth the time and effort. But again, thanks to everyone who helped, and if I may assist anyone else in a similar situation feel free to ask.

it is worth it also i told you about the 5 minute thing
30th August 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11

it is worth it

I thought I was going to lose my data, didn't realize motopoc would do it without losing everything, so I figured might as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread