Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] phone wont boot after 4.4 update PLEASE HELP

OP KiraTheSavior

11th July 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #11  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 506

1,531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraTheSavior

figures. thats me always a day late and a dollar short.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! My bad. You should be okay to unlock!

Please go here and attempt it -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...razr-hdm-only/

Get Towelroot and run it. This should root your phone -> http://www.towelroot.com/

Next, get the motopocalypse apk from here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=22

Install and run that on your phone. That should then unlock your bootloader.

So, you are fine. I completely brain farted that the soak test hasn't been sent to everyone. It is available to download and install, but don't do it yet.

PLEASE go and unlock your phone. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Let me know how it goes!
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
hotspot
Quote:

figures. thats me always a day late and a dollar short.

is there a working exploit to make the mobile hotspot app work again? i always used the sqlite exploit to turn off subscription check but its still set to 0 on mine and the hotspot still wont work. im rooted by the way
11th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
?
Quote:

is there a working exploit to make the mobile hotspot app work again? i always used the sqlite exploit to turn off subscription check but its still set to 0 on mine and the hotspot still wont work. im rooted by the way

my system version says 183.46.10xt926 that link says its not unlockable. when i used the link in your original post to get my phone working again I automatically had this version. so i cant unlock right? ?_?
Last edited by KiraTheSavior; 11th July 2014 at 02:43 AM.
11th July 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #14  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 506

1,531 posts
More
Quote:

my system version says 183.46.10xt926 that link says its not unlockable. when i used the link in your original post to get my phone working again I automatically had this version. so i cant unlock right? ?_?

No, that is the version you CAN unlock. At first, it was believed it couldn't happen, but someone discovered that Moto had accidentally added the bootloader unlock exploit back in with the KK release. It's the version after that, which hasn't been released yet but will be soon, that patches the exploit back up to no allow it. The zip file for it is available outside of the soak test so it hasn't been sent to you. What you took was the OTA you do want which does allow unlocking.

Please, go unlock your phone now before the OTA is released and then you'll be forever locked.

Go here to unlock it -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...razr-hdm-only/

Do it now before you do anything else. Do NOT apply the soak test OTA (which is available via a media fire link from SamuriHL) until you've unlocked your phone.
12th July 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
done
Rooted and unlocked. Very happy about it. But now what? What can I get with bootloader unlocked besides revert to jb?
I still need to get my WiFi tether app to work. I'm grandfathered into unlimited data so my phone is basically my internet. Are there any cool ROMs where the WiFi just works with no tricks or work a rounds?
Last edited by KiraTheSavior; 12th July 2014 at 09:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread