Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT926 urgent help required

Tip us?

nagim
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshayan27 View Post
lol i am newb to this phone lets see what happen
After what iBolski wrote, I would suggest that you look around the forum, see how you can flash the firmware. Remember, always read twice if you're not sure what you're doing!

mshayan27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
I would suggest possibly NOT taking the update that is being sent to the phone as it MIGHT be the newest OTA which fixes the bootloader unlock and Towelroot exploits. People have reported getting this update that are not part of the soak.

Instead, ignore it and go and get the FXZ for the Kit Kat and flash that via RSDLite or House of Moto. That way, you can then go and root with Towelroot and then unlock the bootloader.

After that, THEN take any OTAs after that. If the current OTA that is getting pushed to his phone is from the latest soak, then if he takes it, he will NOT be able to unlock the bootloader NOR root his phone.
i think my phone is still a verizon because on inserting my sim it still gives me error that simcard is from other user but my simcard does works normally well now the question is is my phone still lock with verizon or how can i unlock it i have no information i just brought fone yesterday from a local market and give me some links to get the best kitkat on my fone ultimatly i just want it to wirk perfectly fine like a free phone with no errors and bugs
thanks

nagim
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
No biggie. The latest soak I believe just started getting pushed out in the last couple of days. I was part of the soak test, but I've since gone back to CM11 which is better IMHO, especially with the WiFi.
Well, it's strange to me that they won't allow us unlock the bootloader anymore (considering that we could before that). Which version is this?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote:
i think my phone is still a verizon because on inserting my sim it still gives me error that simcard is from other user but my simcard does works normally well now the question is is my phone still lock with verizon or how can i unlock it i have no information i just brought fone yesterday from a local market and give me some links to get the best kitkat on my fone ultimatly i just want it to wirk perfectly fine like a free phone with no errors and bugs
thanks
You're confusing the SIM lock and the bootloader lock. The phone is not SIM locked outside the U.S., so don't worry about that.
The bootloader unlock is what allows you to install custom ROMs via a custom recovery.

mshayan27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagim View Post
Well, it's strange to me that they won't allow us unlock the bootloader anymore (considering that we could before that). Which version is this?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

You're confusing the SIM lock and the bootloader lock. The phone is not SIM locked outside the U.S., so don't worry about that.
The bootloader unlock is what allows you to install custom ROMs via a custom recovery.
i have no idea about boot loader lock ...i am talkin about simlock and i was asking if i update it to official kitkat will it then work in my country (pakistan)

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:

You're surprised? Why? They don't want unlocking the bootloaders on the XT926s in the first place. The whole bootloader unlocking of the XT926 was due to a security exploit, not because Moto allowed it.

On JB, there was a version that allowed the bootloader to be unlocked until they patched it.

Then, when the initial Kit Kat OTA came out back in May/June, they accidentally re-introduced the bootloader unlock exploit. After the initial OTA, another soak test started and with that, they fixed the exploit again, so nothing surprising there.

This is the FXZ you want to flash to your phone (do NOT take the OTA just in case it's the latest soak which patches the exploit that was re-introduced with the first KK OTA) -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...ice=5&file=902

Go here to learn how to flash it and then unlock your bootloader -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...razr-hdm-only/
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

nagim
Old
(Last edited by nagim; 14th August 2014 at 01:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
You're surprised? Why? They don't want unlocking the bootloaders on the XT926s in the first place. The whole bootloader unlocking of the XT926 was due to a security exploit, not because Moto allowed it.

On JB, there was a version that allowed the bootloader to be unlocked until they patched it.

Then, when the initial Kit Kat OTA came out back in May/June, they accidentally re-introduced the bootloader unlock exploit. After the initial OTA, another soak test started and with that, they fixed the exploit again, so nothing surprising there.

This is the FXZ you want to flash to your phone (do NOT take the OTA just in case it's the latest soak which patches the exploit that was re-introduced with the first KK OTA) -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/down...ice=5&file=902

Go here to learn how to flash it and then unlock your bootloader -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...razr-hdm-only/
OK, my bad then again. When I first heard about this, it sounded like and official thing. But maybe I confused it with the Developers Edition.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote:
i have no idea about boot loader lock ...i am talkin about simlock and i was asking if i update it to official kitkat will it then work in my country (pakistan)
It will work.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
OK, my bad then again. When I first heard about this, it sounded like and official thing. But maybe I confused it with the Developers Edition.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

It will work.
Correct, the developers edition can always be unlocked, no matter what. But, not many have the developers edition as it was a limited release.

Most XT926 devices are the non-developer's edition and can only be unlocked via an exploit.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

Tags
droid razr hd, lock