[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

vo_danh

Jun 26, 2010
I've encountered the following issues with my CM11 snapshot 12 :
1) Ocasionally the dial pad does not come up fully the first time its initiated, you have to push back and push the dial pad again
2) When using Xposed framework and nolockhome, I seem to have an issue where, while using my phone, it will toggle the lock and lock me out to the home screen. It didn't do that on the stock 4.4.2. I don't know if its because of CM or the Xposed module.
3) Wifi only seems to work once when rebooted, after that it seems to not connect to any wifi networks. It'll show the wifi is on but not connected to any networks. toggling it on and off doesn't work. I often have to turn wifi off completely for it to load from the mobile connection instead.

Someone posted a link to the flashback method, where you can load the custom zip in recovery, then the associated rom w/o having to RSDlite back to stock, I may have to try it if I can't resolve the wifi issue. ( I read some issues relating to /persist folder/settings).

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

have you tried cm12.1?

if you had, which one do you prefer, n why?

I have not tried CM12.1 because I've read that it uses more memory, and the phone can't keep up, especially when you start to load more apps. Someone mentioned not even being able to load GPS mapping while listening to music and picking up a call, that's a no go for me. I may give it a shot before going back to 4.1.2 stock. I am on Cm11 right now, and definitely having more issues than stock 4.4.2. Only problem with 4.4.2 was alot of bloated default apps using up alot of memory, but functions were intact. CM11 has some functional issues for me so far.

I wish I can find a rom version of the stock versions ( in zip format instead of xml ) so I can flash it in recovery w/o having to use rsdlite/pc.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I've encountered the following issues with my CM11 snapshot 12 :
1) Ocasionally the dial pad does not come up fully the first time its initiated, you have to push back and push the dial pad again
2) When using Xposed framework and nolockhome, I seem to have an issue where, while using my phone, it will toggle the lock and lock me out to the home screen. It didn't do that on the stock 4.4.2. I don't know if its because of CM or the Xposed module.
3) Wifi only seems to work once when rebooted, after that it seems to not connect to any wifi networks. It'll show the wifi is on but not connected to any networks. toggling it on and off doesn't work. I often have to turn wifi off completely for it to load from the mobile connection instead.

Someone posted a link to the flashback method, where you can load the custom zip in recovery, then the associated rom w/o having to RSDlite back to stock, I may have to try it if I can't resolve the wifi issue. ( I read some issues relating to /persist folder/settings).

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I have not tried CM12.1 because I've read that it uses more memory, and the phone can't keep up, especially when you start to load more apps. Someone mentioned not even being able to load GPS mapping while listening to music and picking up a call, that's a no go for me. I may give it a shot before going back to 4.1.2 stock. I am on Cm11 right now, and definitely having more issues than stock 4.4.2. Only problem with 4.4.2 was alot of bloated default apps using up alot of memory, but functions were intact. CM11 has some functional issues for me so far.

I wish I can find a rom version of the stock versions ( in zip format instead of xml ) so I can flash it in recovery w/o having to use rsdlite/pc.

On my Atrix HD CM11 has been rock steady. Do those same problems happen in a clean flashed ROM before any apps are installed and particularly, before Xposed is installed? Also, what phone model?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
A lot of ROMs I have flashed in the past (especially CM12+) have had very aggressive low memory killer break points. Up the low memory break points and the phone should more than likely be able to run more apps at the same time.

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
I would try reflashing cm11 snapshot 12 again, I have none of those problems. Note: I currently don't have any exposed modules running either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app

vo_danh

Jun 26, 2010
I'm on RAZR M. I will try reflasing CM11 snapshot 12. I did factory reset last time, will factory wipe again and use it for a few days w/o xposed first. The nolockhome may affect wifi/Bluetooth since it uses that to bypass security lock.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I thought I'd share these updated unofficial CM11 builds I found by user @MCP1

JBBL

KKBL

The KKBL build is particularly interesting in that it uses the CM12.1 kernel!

I'm running a 6/8 JBBL build of this ROM on an AHD and it is performing as well as CM11's last MSM8960 nightly (2/16/15) for the AHD and it contains more recent security fixes and does not experience google related wakelocks. I'm just glad to have those newer fixes without having to "update" (aka downgrade) to Lollipop but devices on KBBL, particularly those running into memory ceiling, may benefit even more.

Reactions: rahimali

dark.blue

Nov 25, 2010
Yogyakarta
I thought I'd share these updated unofficial CM11 builds I found by user @MCP1

JBBL

KKBL

The KKBL build is particularly interesting in that it uses the CM12.1 kernel!

i try the KKbl build just now.

mine always getting "google play services error" message, even i try install the new one from the same thread.
--unfortunately google play services has stopped---

and, those are cm11 build right? why im getting update notif of cm 12?

---going back to cm11 latest m12, the play services error really bugging me out----

Last edited:

brandon71

Apr 25, 2013
Been running the m12 snapshot for about 2 weeks now and just now tried to use navigation but it can't get a lock on my GPS. Anybody else have an issue with this?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
I was going to capture a screenshot of a game and followed the Razr M instructions of holding power and volume down key for three seconds or until shutter sound....

....no shutter sound ever happens and the phone just reboots if I hold it long enough (and no screenshot). Tried multiple time. Is there a different trick to it on CM11? Does anybody know? I hope so!

Edit: XT905 that is

Last edited:

Strife89

Apr 29, 2011
Been running the m12 snapshot for about 2 weeks now and just now tried to use navigation but it can't get a lock on my GPS. Anybody else have an issue with this?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That is a known issue. This is the fix.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

I was going to capture a screenshot of a game and followed the Razr M instructions of holding power and volume down key for three seconds or until shutter sound....

....no shutter sound ever happens and the phone just reboots if I hold it long enough (and no screenshot). Tried multiple time. Is there a different trick to it on CM11? Does anybody know? I hope so!

Edit: XT905 that is

The timing window can be a bit tricky to learn. CM should always take a screenshot within about one second of doing the key combo, so let go if you reach two seconds and try again. It may help to hit Volume Down slightly earlier.

Reactions: mormopterus

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
The timing window can be a bit tricky to learn. CM should always take a screenshot within about one second of doing the key combo, so let go if you reach two seconds and try again. It may help to hit Volume Down slightly earlier.

Ok thanks, I'll give it another few goes and see whether I can work out the timing!

mormopterus

Dec 27, 2012
Ok thanks, I'll give it another few goes and see whether I can work out the timing!

Got it to work, but it is VERY finicky as you have the push the two buttons virtually simultaneously. If you push the vol down to early, it may not work at all or if it does, you get the volume bar in the screenshot. So if anything, you need to push the power button a smidgen earlier. If it doesn't happen within a second or so, try again as otherwise you'll just shut down the phone....

....I wonder whether it is CM that makes it this tricky. Never tried it on stock, so I have no idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

UNIFIED BUILDS FOR MOTO_MSM8960 DEVICES
    Code:
    [B][I]Photon Q[/I][/B] (xt897 - asanti_c - Sprint )
    [B][I]Atrix HD[/I][/B] (mb886 - qinara - AT&T)
    [B][I]Droid Razr M[/I][/B] (xt907 - scorpion_mini - Verizon)
    [B][I]Razr M[/I][/B] (xt905 - smq_u - GSM)
    [B][I]Electrify M[/I][/B] (xt901 - solstice - US Cellular)
    [B][I]Droid Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt926 - vanquish - Verizon)
    [B][I]Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt925 - vanquish_u - GSM)

IMPORTANT:
    There are 2 builds for moto_msm8960 devices.
    • moto_msm8960 - Is for devices that have updated to the official KitKat OTA/SBF
    • moto_msm8960_jbbl - Is for devices that remain on official Jelly Bean OTA/SBF

GOT BUGS?:

MAINTAINERS:
    • Dhacker29
    • Nadlabak (kabaldan)
    • EPinter
    • Skrilax_CZ

LINKS:

INSTALLATION:
    • Download ROM
      [*] Download GAPPS
      [*] Place both on SDcard.
      [*] Reboot to recovery
      [*] Do a factory reset
      [*] Flash ROM
      [*] Flash GAPPS
      [*] Reboot and enjoy

DOWNLOADS:

ROMS

MOTO_MSM8960 - [KitKat Bootloader]

MOTO_MSM8960_JBBL - [Jelly Bean Bootloader]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TEST BUILDS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNOFFICIAL CM12 LOLLIPOP - by dhacker29
    > https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/533142687873265664

PROGRESS
    > https://twitter.com/dhacker29

DISCUSSION
    > http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-m/general/round-candies-sticks-t2938748

------------------------------------------
    DOWNLOADS
    ------------------------------------------
    ROM:
    > http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=41187#files

GAPPS:
    > http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426#files
    3.4 kernel/JB bootloader/JB modem firmware: At this point, I'm aiming at device specific builds, while trying to keep it as common as possible. So msm8960-common repo will be used again and will contain most of the stuff, inherited from small simple device specific repos as xt897, mbm886 etc.

Theoretically, in the long run, we may be able to re-unify the 3.4k/JBbl/JBmodem builds, by using the pointer to devtree partition loaded in RAM that is passed from bootloader to kernel, to choose the right device tree part from multiple dev trees appended to zImage.
    But that is a future thing, currently I'm simply appending a single device/hw revision dev tree, so a build is inevitably limited to work only on a single hardware configuration.

Please don't expect builds that will run universally on both JB and KK bootloader, I don't see how it could happen.

I won't provide any builds for any devices until it's more stable than it currently is on xt897. (Yes, it's not very stable yet).
    Working on mic issue now.
    0722 build - mic issues still present... Nobody cares?

It's being worked on. Don't expect nightlies to be perfect. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, expect issues.
    Otherwise run a snapshot build, like M7. Apart from the screen dimming, it's a flawless build and I use it everyday.
    This thread is full of a lot of complaining and empty whining, but no real constructive feedback
    To everyone:
    Look at the bug tracker and see if the problem is listed there. If not, file a bug for it. Make sure it's reproducible and get a logcat or whatever other files the devs need, if possible.
    And check the nightly changelogs. The rom is being updated EVERYDAY. If you don't see any new commits for the mic or sound and it was broken in the previous nightly, guess what? It's probably still broken! There's no need to come on this thread and continually post about it.

Coming to this thread to state that something is broken is pretty much pointless. I doubt dhacker or any of the devs read this thread because every day the posts are exactly the same drivel (broken mic, camera, display, etc.) with no logcats or other helpful files or insight on fixing the problem (that's for the general section, NOT the dev forum). YOU ARE NOT HELPING DEVS BY DOING THIS. Given that dhacker has to contend with this in the dev section, it's a small wonder he feels like he's single-handedly supporting this device.

As many are too impatient and ignorant to learn how to use JIRA, I may start a bug tracking thread if needed like I did for my previous device as shown here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161205

But please, keep the dev forum clean and stop with the complaining. Helps no one and it's just more useless posts to sort through.