[ROM][4.4] MIUI v5 [ all moto_msm8960 HDPI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tqr

Aug 4, 2014
2h4ajc1.jpg

Overview

This is MIUIv5 for moto_msm8960 HDPI devices (Razr M.. etc)

Being a Beta, everything is assumed to have full functionality, under windows when drives are mounted they may have strange names like "invalid card", this is purely cosmetic.

Working
- Everything... except

Not Working
- Wifi Hotspot (native)

Download
MOD EDIT Link removed until the ROM is made XDA compliant

F.A.Q
Q. Does this have dual SIM?
A. No

Q. My ROM isn't booting
A. Do a full data wipe

Q.Help my PC says 'Invalid card!
A. It's a cosmetic glitch

Q. Search bar is force quitting!
A. Install G-apps of your choice.
Note: Some North American apks are dependent on Gapps too..

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
For KK BL, I guess?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]

Tqr

Aug 4, 2014
We are glad to see you again, @Tqr (Tquetski) !!!
You are the best on MIUI development!!!

I`m going to try this ROM!

Forgive the glitches, first time developing for a multi-base with a firmware like this-

In a perfect world I should be able to hit every moto_msm8960 device but for now I've split up resolution for simplicity :x

Reactions: St.Noigel

St.Noigel

Mar 7, 2013
Ivano-Frankivsk
Forgive the glitches, first time developing for a multi-base with a firmware like this-

In a perfect world I should be able to hit every moto_msm8960 device but for now I've split up resolution for simplicity :x

I think HDPI it`s nice for all msm8960 devices! )))

P.S. Now ROM have one more issue - dialer FC after first call.. I install exdialer, but it can`t make call too..
P.P.S. Few bugs is nothing for alfa version! )))
With this speed we`ll have perfect ROM on beta! ))))

Klen2

Great, thanks. Nice to see MIUI on RAZR M again.
Dirty solution for aplying themes: unzip the .mtz and place the file you want in /system/media/theme/default.
To change lockscreen wallpaper, rename an image in 540*960 resolution to lock_wallpaper and place it to the same folder.

P.S. MiCloud doesn't work. After signing in force closes. @St.Noigel are you signet to MiCloud? That might be why contacts and dialer doesn't work.

Last edited:

wendorf12213

Dec 25, 2013
this isnt a bug but this is the only rom other than stock that the factory reset really works :D thats amazing!

Klen2

[quote name="wendorf12213" post=55477340]this isnt a bug but this is the only rom other than stock that the factory reset really works :D thats amazing![/QUOTE]

What isn't bug?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

OK, Phone and Contacts doesn't work after reboot even without MiCloud sync.
P.S. Found new bug. Can notread SMS, FC.

Sent from mého DROID RAZR M pomocí Tapatalk

Last edited:

wendorf12213

Dec 25, 2013
[quote name="wendorf12213" post=55477340]this isnt a bug but this is the only rom other than stock that the factory reset really works :D thats amazing!

What isn't bug?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Sent from mého DROID RAZR M pomocí Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry the way I worded that doesn't make it a bit confusing what I meant to say was I'm not reporting a bug like I told tqr I would but that I found doing a factory reset from within the ROM actually works unlike team gummy or cyanogenmod on this phone.

P.S some bugs I have found are SMS works sometimes but not all the time and contacts refuses to open no matter what I do.

Tqr

Aug 4, 2014
What isn't bug?

Sorry the way I worded that doesn't make it a bit confusing what I meant to say was I'm not reporting a bug like I told tqr I would but that I found doing a factory reset from within the ROM actually works unlike team gummy or cyanogenmod on this phone.

P.S some bugs I have found are SMS works sometimes but not all the time and contacts refuses to open no matter what I do.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully tonight these issues will be resolved, hopefully I can consolidate every resolution into a single zip for the msm tree.

Thing is people get annoyed when you don't post your work so I threw up this alpha more as a way to say "Yeah this is in the works, yeah it's possible" more than anything else.

The best builds of this firmware are done in PatchROM which was really not built to be used with multi-bases; because of this I've had to get creative but I really feel that maybe tonight or tomorrow I can have a completed patch build done

wendorf12213

Dec 25, 2013

P.S some bugs I have found are SMS works sometimes but not all the time and contacts refuses to open no matter what I do.

Hopefully tonight these issues will be resolved, hopefully I can consolidate every resolution into a single zip for the msm tree.

Thing is people get annoyed when you don't post your work so I threw up this alpha more as a way to say "Yeah this is in the works, yeah it's possible" more than anything else.

The best builds of this firmware are done in PatchROM which was really not built to be used with multi-bases; because of this I've had to get creative but I really feel that maybe tonight or tomorrow I can have a completed patch build done[/QUOTE]

even with the few minor issues it has at the moment its one of the best alphas ive even used and i will gladly use test ever release you post.

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
Considering this is kkbl build, are the issues like other kkbl builds having like microphone and speaker etc present in this? If it is present can we expect jbbl build?
And thanx for your hard work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2h4ajc1.jpg

Overview

This is MIUIv5 for moto_msm8960 HDPI devices (Razr M.. etc)

Being a Beta, everything is assumed to have full functionality, under windows when drives are mounted they may have strange names like "invalid card", this is purely cosmetic.

Working
    - Everything... except

Not Working
    - Wifi Hotspot (native)

Download
    MOD EDIT Link removed until the ROM is made XDA compliant

F.A.Q
    Q. Does this have dual SIM?
    A. No

Q. My ROM isn't booting
    A. Do a full data wipe

Q.Help my PC says 'Invalid card!
    A. It's a cosmetic glitch

Q. Search bar is force quitting!
    A. Install G-apps of your choice.
    Note: Some North American apks are dependent on Gapps too..
    I can't wait to run this beautiful ROM! You are a very talented person keep up there great work! Wish I do more more than just thank you!

Everything A'ok, uploaded :<
    Confirmed stable & working, uploading now... thx for waiting beautiful people :p
    Tomorrow I'll upload a (99.99% sure) fully working build; problems have fully been resolved including Bluetooth

I will try to consolidate the Russian elements into the new build; the one posted here was more for poking around and debugging; I recognize as many Russian people use this as English people so I will make it a point to add proper lang support to this.

The biggest thing is the MIUI porting scene is a bit like a secret society and nobody talks about how they are doing things; PatchROM automates most of the process which leaves most of the experienced firmware porters outdated on what is exactly going on so they can't really contribute in this discussion (or any outside of patch) since more and more is automated every day.

Edit: To be honest I think they did such a scummy thing in regards to DRM to prevent people from spamming MIUI across multiple devices like Balcan and I did during the 4.2 era, not that it matters a whole lot because It's going down for 4.4 too; although this time it will be 100% easier since I can use multi-bases that work across multiple devices; for now just keeping strong with Moto.
    What isn't bug?

P.S some bugs I have found are SMS works sometimes but not all the time and contacts refuses to open no matter what I do.[/QUOTE]

The best builds of this firmware are done in PatchROM which was really not built to be used with multi-bases; because of this I've had to get creative but I really feel that maybe tonight or tomorrow I can have a completed patch build done