Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th August 2015, 11:38 AM |#51  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

By any chance, does the backup and restore work in the XT907 recoveries on the XT905?

I had another idea which is a further step to the dark side. If Someone with a JBBL was to wipe and flash a custom KKBL ROM (and gapps), and them immediately back it up (ie no reboot as it wont work), and then pass this backup on to you, could you not restore it onto your KKBL XT905? A backup can be restored using an ADB script can it not?

7th August 2015, 12:14 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstractionist

So, i have a XT905 with unlocked bootloader, but i didn't received update to 4.4.2. Being angry, flashed Stock XT907 KK rom and then flashed system+kernel+recovery+modem(from stock KK update for XT905) thru fastboot(lately i've flashed only modem with stock XT907 ROMs). Everything works fine for me. Now i'm trying to flash custom ROM for KK bootloaders, which mainly developed for XT907, but at this moment with no success, maybe because all recoveries(for kkbl) are built exactly for XT907.

Have i answered you question?

Fastboot files for XT905 KKBL (you must be on KKBL before flashing) (for fastboot files hit thanks to @s5610)

I was the one who flashed the XT905 JB modem on KK firmware from XT907. It did not worked. But as far as I can remember the recovery worked. Maybe I am wrong here.
8th August 2015, 04:58 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Is it possible to flash this OTA with stock recovery (as update.zip)?
8th August 2015, 05:55 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lem22

Is it possible to flash this OTA with stock recovery (as update.zip)?

It is. I did.
But you will have to be on absolute stock 4.1..2 JB.
Without root and xposed. As this OTA update checks for it. It also checks for some pre-installed apps.
You are better off installing stock system.img and then flashing OTA. (I had to learn that the hard way).

And as some other member mentioned, you will have to flash KitKat stock recovery first. It is present in OTA.zip.
Last edited by Faateh; 9th August 2015 at 06:10 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)