Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod - WIFI problem

Tip us?
 
AndyYan
Old
#11  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 2,055
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb14813 View Post
Try setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ( Google DNS)
8.8.8.8 is the default value for the 1st DNS slot. My habit is to fill 8.8.4.4 in the 2nd one but it still doesn't work.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly for JB BL)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Unofficial)
Nokia N86 8MP (RM-484 30.009 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
 
teckem
Old
#12  
teckem's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santo Domingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
8.8.8.8 is the default value for the 1st DNS slot. My habit is to fill 8.8.4.4 in the 2nd one but it still doesn't work.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
What about OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 ?
 
AndyYan
Old
(Last edited by AndyYan; 1st September 2014 at 11:30 AM.)
#13  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 2,055
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckem View Post
What about OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 ?
Doesn't work either. I'm pretty sure this isn't a DNS problem.

EDIT: Downgraded to JB and flashed JB BL version, WiFi and GPS both working splendidly out of the box. I'll stick to JB BL at the moment because it also supports arrrghhh's overclocked kernel. Thanks for all the help anyway.


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly for JB BL)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Unofficial)
Nokia N86 8MP (RM-484 30.009 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
 
teckem
Old
#14  
teckem's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santo Domingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Doesn't work either. I'm pretty sure this isn't a DNS problem.

EDIT: Downgraded to JB and flashed JB BL version, WiFi and GPS both working splendidly out of the box. I'll stick to JB BL at the moment because it also supports arrrghhh's overclocked kernel. Thanks for all the help anyway.
Ur welcome .... But As I mentioned the problem was apparently from 20140825 and above (Well for me), so in order to keep my KK BL I went back on a Nightly I had which in my case was 20140729 (Which does not have bugs as I've tested).
 
AndyYan
Old
#15  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 864
Posts: 2,055
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckem View Post
Ur welcome .... But As I mentioned the problem was apparently from 20140825 and above (Well for me), so in order to keep my KK BL I went back on a Nightly I had which in my case was 20140729 (Which does not have bugs as I've tested).
Suggestion: try scratching goo.im for previous nightlies and isolate the issue between certain ones. Back in March CM11 had stutter issues on this phone and I successfully traced the issue back to November 2013. Helped solving the issue in 3 days after the discovery.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly for JB BL)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Unofficial)
Nokia N86 8MP (RM-484 30.009 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
 
TheForceUnleashed
Old
#16  
TheForceUnleashed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 390
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisiana
0825 is when those commits were built, right? Dhacker's commits to fix the WiFi, it involved something in the kernel, or reverting something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app
Droid Razr M (CM11.0 4.4.4)
Nook Tablet (AOKP 4.4.2)
Nexus 5 (L)
 
teckem
Old
#17  
teckem's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santo Domingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForceUnleashed View Post
0825 is when those commits were built, right? Dhacker's commits to fix the WiFi, it involved something in the kernel, or reverting something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app
They are trying to fix it, but I don't know if it is on kernel o somewhere else... The only way I could get back to "normal" was using a previous Nightly.
 
teckem
Old
#18  
teckem's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Santo Domingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Suggestion: try scratching goo.im for previous nightlies and isolate the issue between certain ones. Back in March CM11 had stutter issues on this phone and I successfully traced the issue back to November 2013. Helped solving the issue in 3 days after the discovery.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
I'll try it... I'm considering to try pacman ROM, they say they had no issues and it's compatible with KK BL

Enviado desde mi DROID RAZR M mediante Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more