[Q] how to use app Data from External micro SD

OP ahmadmemon

4th September 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
I want to use app data from sd card (since internal memory is just 4.2 gb including application storage and data as well) what should i do, Am i suppose to do swapping ?? or some thing else?? kindly help..
6th September 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 519

2,551 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmemon

I want to use app data from sd card (since internal memory is just 4.2 gb including application storage and data as well) what should i do, Am i suppose to do swapping ?? or some thing else?? kindly help..

You want to have sdext be an auxiliary or primary place the /data/app partition? You can't on the M. At least I never found it.

Best thing to do, on JellyBean, is use my SD swap & then, at least, internal memory will just be used for that, /data.
See my button for a link.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566065
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 6th September 2014 at 12:14 AM.
16th September 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmemon

My experience has been that it's mostly images and music that eats up the space on the phone. This data can be moved manually to the sdcard and most apps that use it will have an option to look there by default. My experience with so-called sd swap programs is that they tend to be clunky and unreliable, and I've lost data that way, so I don't do it any more.

I have a crap ton of apps installed on my M, and to date have never had a storage issue, but as everyone uses their phone differently, that may not be your experience. For whatever reason, Android stopped supporting the ability to move apps to sd, and apparently, unless an app is specifically designed to do so, data to sd went as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread