Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to use app Data from External micro SD

Tip us?

ahmadmemon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] how to use app Data from External micro SD

I want to use app data from sd card (since internal memory is just 4.2 gb including application storage and data as well) what should i do, Am i suppose to do swapping ?? or some thing else?? kindly help..

aviwdoowks
Old
(Last edited by aviwdoowks; 6th September 2014 at 12:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmemon View Post
I want to use app data from sd card (since internal memory is just 4.2 gb including application storage and data as well) what should i do, Am i suppose to do swapping ?? or some thing else?? kindly help..
You want to have sdext be an auxiliary or primary place the /data/app partition? You can't on the M. At least I never found it.

Best thing to do, on JellyBean, is use my SD swap & then, at least, internal memory will just be used for that, /data.
See my button for a link.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566065
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadmemon View Post
My experience has been that it's mostly images and music that eats up the space on the phone. This data can be moved manually to the sdcard and most apps that use it will have an option to look there by default. My experience with so-called sd swap programs is that they tend to be clunky and unreliable, and I've lost data that way, so I don't do it any more.

I have a crap ton of apps installed on my M, and to date have never had a storage issue, but as everyone uses their phone differently, that may not be your experience. For whatever reason, Android stopped supporting the ability to move apps to sd, and apparently, unless an app is specifically designed to do so, data to sd went as well.
NetizenMT - Rocking the 'Net since 1986 and STILL a N00b!

Motorola Droid Razr M - Now Deceased.
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
TWRP 2.7.1.0