No registration required

Some advise with flashing CM11

OP Quasi Puppet

2nd August 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Ok, here we go....

This past November, I rooted my wife's XT907, unlocked the bootloader, unlocked the GSM, and flashed a custom rom to the phone. I bought my wife a new phone today, and the XT907 is now going to be my daily driver.

I have been browsing the forum here trying to gather some information about getting CM11 on this jewel safely. It seems that I have to put the official KK bootloader on it??? Some things have changed since I last tried to do anything on this phone, and I'm not sure I understand what needs to be done. It looks as though the information is scattered everywhere =/

Could anyone list me the steps on getting CM11 flashed to this phone without bricking it? Will I have to unlock the GSM again as well?

Here is what is currently on the phone:

Bootloader - Unlocked
GSM - Unlocked
TWRP 2.6.3.0
Rom - Unofficial SlimKat 4.4.2.beta.2-UNOFFICIAL-20131230-1146

Thanks!
2nd August 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
According to the CM 11 thread you can flash a few of them on the jb kernel... But if you want the kk kernel download the official 4.4.2 and rsd 6.1.6 just boot your phone to fastboot menu then on your PC open rsd plug your phone into the PC with in rsd select the 4.4.2 zip and flash it...then flash TWRP 2.7.1 either by fastboot or root it and use rashr to flash it... As far as gsm I don't know I don't keep up on gsm capabilities of our device sorry...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd August 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ok, thanks. I have this phone on Straight Talk, so I'm not comfortable flashing anything from Verizon on it.
2nd August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
You not comfortable flashing something from Verizon on a Verizon phone...especially when your just going to flash cm... Best of luck... Your may have to update eventually ROM support for the jb kernel may stop soon...

Last edited by ezknives; 2nd August 2014 at 06:09 PM.
2nd August 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

You not comfortable flashing something from Verizon on a Verizon phone...especially when your just going to flash cm... Best of luck... Your may have to update eventually ROM support for the jb kernel may stop soon...

Yes, it was a pain in the ass to unlock the GSM on the original Verizon Rom, so I will keep it as it is. So KitKat via Slim Roms will have to do.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread