Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Droid Razr M, CM11: help configuring PagePlus 3G

Tip us?

hunterssze
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi, can you post the procedure? I had the phone on pageplus with howard's method already.. Like to install CM,but not quiet understand how. thanks

mattvrablik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
Download the whole ics fxz and edit out everything in the xml except NON-HLOS.bin and erase modemst1 and modemst2 and flash that via rsd lite. I'm not sure why your previous attempts to flash aren't working but it's not the rom.

Edit: I made this with nobe1976's flashback zip. It'll flash the jb bootloader jb kernel and a jb bootloader compatible twrp recovery and I switched out the jb radio for the ics one

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vqjt9qa1sqyd9an
Hi, just tried downloading this file, booting into TWRP recovery, installing it. it then boots. Only plus so far is it overwrites the ulocked bootloader warning screen. *BUT* I now can't boot the phone into os (hangs). Tried wiping phone, reinstalling various CM roms (including a stable cm10 release), but everything fails. Can't install anything at this point. TWRP 27.0.0. It keeps warning me when I shut down or reboot that there is no os, and that I am not superuser...

Do I need to hook this phone up to my windows computer, and reinstall a different version of TWRP? Maybe an older one?

Maybe I should just install the factory jb image?

Hoping to make progress on this soon...

M

thewraith420
Old
(Last edited by thewraith420; 31st August 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Well yeah if rsd is works for you then there's nothing wrong with that. I only swapped out the jb radio for the ics one so page plus programing would take. I'll post a link to the op for the unedited zip for more info on it. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you but did for the op here

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/50096-[How-To][Mobile-Downgrader]-Flash-Back-1.0-(07-15-14)

Smashing1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default voice & text on 4.4.2

was it a 3g or 4g sim card that you used to do 1. below? I'd be perfectly happy to only use wifi, if I could keep stock 4.4.2. And are there instructions anywhere for getting the meid from dfs? can't seem to get my droid razr m to connect.

I bought a 4g micro sim, which fits but it won't activate(using the free activators) using the meid number I have - it just sends me an email saying my phone is activated. Which it is/was on PP when I was on 4.1.2, before I ran RSD Lite to 4.4.2, and the only meid# I have is the same whether the sim is inserted or not - so it's the meid that's attached to the phone, not the sim. /end rambling

Quote:
Well right now you've got 2 options.

1. I just recently found out that it's possible to activate a sim meid# and get calling/sms working through *228 but you need to get the meid from dfs.
This is for calling and text only data will not work other than wifi
howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=15221091

thewraith420
Old
(Last edited by thewraith420; 4th September 2014 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
If you have the drivers and are in BP tools mode you should be able to connect

Edit and it was a 4g blank sim
The Following User Says Thank You to thewraith420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smashing1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If you have the drivers and are in BP tools mode you should be able to connect

Edit and it was a 4g blank sim
Thanks, I followed youtube.com/watch?v=mm2NKdXdHnc&list=UUT0_f2eIoEas1A0y30UHFlQ
to install the motorola driver - previously I had only installed the USB drivers, which I thought was enough, but I was missing the com driver

I got the ESN and MEID & and I used the Hex MEID to register @ exclusivecellular and the email came back that it was successful.

when I dial *228 it says "Sorry, we're having trouble activating your phone. Make sure you have a good signal and try again. Remember to turn off your old phone if you are moving your number from your old phone to this phone."

I do have 3 bars, which should be enough - but I'll try again outside when I get a chance.
Would it make a difference if my phone used to be setup to be used without a SIM card? I used RSD Lite to upgrade to 4.4.2 and then rooted and unlocked my bootloader. Could one of the numbers on the phone MEID/MIN/whatever that is registered to my old PP account be blocking it from working with the new PP account that was created for the SIM card?

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hmm take the sim out and check the meid again If you had the right one it'll change.

Smashing1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hmm take the sim out and check the meid again If you had the right one it'll change.
The ESN and MEID numbers changed when the SIM card was removed. I tried it in a stock Samsung Galaxy 4, which did the same timeout thing. I'm not sure what else to try. At least it was a cheap experiment. Let me know if there's anything else you can think of.

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hmm ok was it set to NV only or ruim when you tried *228? It worked first try for me do I'm just trying to think what could be different

Smashing1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hmm ok was it set to NV only or ruim when you tried *228? It worked first try for me do I'm just trying to think what could be different
Nope, it's stock 4.4.2, just unlocked. I didn't make any other changes. I had added my google profile through wifi which installed my normal apps, but that's it. I'll try rsd-lite and re-install 4.4.2 fresh to make sure it's nothing weird. If that doesn't work I'll just have to give up and go back to 4.1.2 Thanks for your help, I learned a lot by giving this a try, which is always it's own reward!