Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easiest way to 4.4.2?

Tip us?

xKroniK13x
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post
I believe the answer would be no... I think your asking if you could go from the jb bootloader to the kk one or vise versa via rsd by only flashing the boot loader and keep your current ROM... if that's the case no as the Roms (not sure how it all works) have become dependent on which boot loader you have... So the ROM your on probably will not function if you could flash just the boot loader... Like as I'm on kk I can't use PAC man as it needs the jb boot loader or whatever... And if your on jb (last I checked) you can't use the newer builds of kitstalk... So your best bet would be stay as you are or flash the whole thing IMHO...but I may be wrong

Edit... That's the second time we have started a reply at the same time @xKroniK13x you get it out faster tho....
At least we post similar responses! 😝

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk
Please say thanks if a post helps you out.
"There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated." -NOFX

Devices
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Cyanogenmod Nightlies 4.4.4
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to xKroniK13x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thad137
Old
(Last edited by thad137; 10th July 2014 at 07:01 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x View Post
I've seen some reports that you can do the boot.img file, but it softbricks most devices. I'd suggest just backing up your stuff and flashing stock and then go back to your ROM. Or just leave it, unless its CM11.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post
I believe the answer would be no... I think your asking if you could go from the jb bootloader to the kk one or vise versa via rsd by only flashing the boot loader and keep your current ROM... if that's the case no as the Roms (not sure how it all works) have become dependent on which boot loader you have... So the ROM your on probably will not function if you could flash just the boot loader... Like as I'm on kk I can't use PAC man as it needs the jb boot loader or whatever... And if your on jb (last I checked) you can't use the newer builds of kitstalk... So your best bet would be stay as you are or flash the whole thing IMHO...but I may be wrong

Edit... That's the second time we have started a reply at the same time @xKroniK13x you get it out faster tho....
Thanks I'll just go ahead and go through the entire process of flashing everything for the new version of Paranoid Android.

UPDATE: I manually flashed everything but "system" and "recovery" and then flashed dhacker's recovery from here ( loki.rombitch . com/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/TWRP2710-RAZR_M-KITKAT.img ) then I flashed the Paranoid Android update and everything is working.

xKroniK13x
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by thad137 View Post
Thanks I'll just go ahead and go through the entire process of flashing everything for the new version of Paranoid Android.
Paranoid has a 3.4 kernel ROM? How did I miss that?!
Please say thanks if a post helps you out.
"There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated." -NOFX

Devices
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Cyanogenmod Nightlies 4.4.4
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3

crazy4android
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
heres a link..http://www.drdevs.com/devs/?dir=cj360%2FAospa
(If i manage to help...don't forget to hit the "thanks" button)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazy4android For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thad137
Old
(Last edited by thad137; 9th July 2014 at 04:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm still new, so I can't link it, but... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696606
(second post) (I think he meant 07-02-2014)

stick1300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5318008 View Post
You can edit the .xml file so that it doesn't wipe userdata, and that should let her phone keep all its settings, apps, data, etc. It'd definitely be smart to also back that stuff up with TB as well, though. If you do edit the .xml that RSD Lite uses to flash, make sure to use something like Notepad++, and not just Windows Notepad. I think you also have to edit out the getvar line if you're flashing over a non-stock ROM. If you've done the NV edit with RadioComm, supposedly you can also delete the modemst1 and modemst2 lines, and you shouldn't have to redo the GSM hack.
Yeah, I read about this in another thread and it worked fine. She's now on stock 4.42 and has her treasured Candy Crush data.

Now, if I could just get her wifi working again. I've done so much reading about the issue lying in the /persist (and/or /prima) folder, but, even after trying multiple "clean" copies of it and fixing permissions and everything else people have suggested, I can't get it working again.

Old
Thanks Meter 61
I wish I could help there but I don't have any useful info to offer. I've heard a number of complaints about the WiFi on KK on the Razr M, so I don't think it's just you. I heard they're testing another KK update, maybe it'll fix it when it rolls out. I did notice that the time I tried flashing the KK radio onto my stock JB, it totally broke my WiFi and I had to flash back.
Droid 3 with XT883 radio.img
I occasionally draw comics

stick1300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5318008 View Post
I wish I could help there but I don't have any useful info to offer. I've heard a number of complaints about the WiFi on KK on the Razr M, so I don't think it's just you. I heard they're testing another KK update, maybe it'll fix it when it rolls out. I did notice that the time I tried flashing the KK radio onto my stock JB, it totally broke my WiFi and I had to flash back.
It stopped working when she was still on JB. I had hoped updating would fix it, but no such luck. The only way I managed to get it working in the past was by reflashing the ROM that was on the phone, but it stopped working again after a few weeks.