su
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
If no errors, check if the /system is mounted as R/W

Code:
mount | grep system
You should see this output (hopefully)

Code:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
If all goes well, you can do as @thewraith420 suggested and use dd commands to push recovery from adb. But setup the dd commands requirements first.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 33

229 posts
@ATTACK Just thinking.... If the commands posted above are successful couldn't /data be remounted in the same way then install flashify and use it to install a recovery.

Also wondering about why remounting system is nessasary to dd the recovery.. Sorry just thinking out loud. I'm always looking for new tips n tricks to add to my arsenal
24th July 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #43  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,664

1,247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith420

@ATTACK Just thinking.... If the commands posted above are successful couldn't /data be remounted in the same way then install flashify and use it to install a recovery.

Also wondering about why remounting system is nessasary to dd the recovery.. Sorry just thinking out loud. I'm always looking for new tips n tricks to add to my arsenal

I believe his system is stuck in read only. Which is why mfastboot, RSD lite and adb are not working.
Last edited by ATTACK; 24th July 2014 at 10:10 PM.
24th July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #44  

229 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK

@jamminjon82

If all goes well, you can do as @thewraith420 suggested and use dd commands to push recovery from adb. But setup the dd commands requirements first.

I understood that system is in read only but not why that would stop dd from writing recovery
24th July 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #45  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 249

786 posts
More
Well guys it's over,woke up this morning and it was dead(which is strange because it was charging last time I checked) . Not even responsive to fastboot cable and button combinations

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
24th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #46  
Recognized Themer

1,247 posts
Quote:

I understood that system is in read only but not why that would stop dd from writing recovery

Correct me if i'm wrong but when pushing recovery doesn't /system need to be mounted as r/w.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminjon82

Well guys it's over,woke up this morning and it was dead(which is strange because it was charging last time I checked) . Not even responsive to fastboot cable and button combinations

Annnddd...That sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #47  

229 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminjon82

Hmm.. I wonder if this was a hardware problem the whole time... I thought it was odd it all started out of just normal use right?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

[QUOTE=ATTACK;54378340]Correct me if i'm wrong but when pushing recovery doesn't /system need to be mounted as r/w.[COLOR="Silver"]

Ahh.. Maybe.. I thought dd was different
24th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #48  
Recognized Themer

1,247 posts
Quote:

Hmm.. I wonder if this was a hardware problem the whole time... I thought it was odd it all started out of just normal use right?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but when pushing recovery doesn't /system need to be mounted as r/w.

The first part of my post was to see if his system would mount as r/w, if it didn't, it wouldn't matter if recovery was installed because he wouldn't be able to flash any ROMs or factory reset as /system not writable. If it did mount to r/w, then he would be able too and dd'ing recovery would be a option.

EDIT:
You are correct /system does not need to be r/w to dd recovery.

For anyone passing through, here are the commands
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/<recovery name>.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Last edited by ATTACK; 24th July 2014 at 11:10 PM.
24th July 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #49  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 249

786 posts
More
[QUOTE=thewraith420;54378473]Hmm.. I wonder if this was a hardware problem the whole time... I thought it was odd it all started out of just normal use right?

Quote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but when pushing recovery doesn't /system need to be mounted as r/w.[COLOR="Silver"]

Yeah it was playing music at the time it started fcing

22nd August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Quote:

I just wanted to see if your phone was properly connected to your PC. Which it seems to be.
Ummm... I'm kinda stumped. Your phone is connected, mfastboot works, no errors and nothing writes.

You could try to erase the partitions and then re-flash them.

Code:
mfastboot erase boot
mfastboot erase system
mfastboot erase data
mfastboot erase cache
Then

Code:
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot reboot

ok i m going to try it if it works i will be very thankful