Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me find loation erase/remove recovery

Tip us?
 
ATTACK
Old
#11  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,621
Posts: 1,219
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesII View Post
Well, TWRM works fine now. Bad news is I cant get any roms to boot, that is the ones that install successfully. I've tried using droid razr m utility and it seems that I cant get past the "WARNING BOOT LOADER UNLOCKED" screen. Should I just go buy another phone more and give up? Is there any chance of getting this phone working at this point? I can still boot to ap fastboot if that helps any.
Use RSD Lite to flash the proper firmware.
SCORPION MINI
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knucklesII
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
I used rsd lite withe the firmware in the link provided and received the message "flash failed unknown fastboot command". I searched for a solution specific to the razr m to no avail, although I did find similar solutions for other devices all involving editing the .xml file contained within the .zip file of the firmware. some of the fixes were erasing certain lines in the .xml.

Maybe this will help in understanding the reason why I can't properly flash a rom.

This is the message i get using fastboot to flash cyanogenmod:

(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 211054912 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 179601728 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 148148544 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 116695360 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 85242176 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 53788992 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 22335808 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
fastboot: ../libsparse/sparse.c:143: write_all_blocks: Assertion `pad >= 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

This Message when I use sbf_flash:


=== cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-moto_msm8960.zip ===
Index[0]: Unexpected chip 59
Index[1]: Unexpected chip b7
Index[2]: Unexpected chip eb
Index[3]: Unexpected chip 50
Index[4]: Unexpected chip b3
Index[5]: Unexpected chip 82
Index[6]: Unexpected chip e8
Index[7]: Unexpected chip a4
Index[8]: Unexpected chip 38
Index[9]: Unexpected chip 34
Index[10]: Unexpected chip c8
Index[11]: Unexpected chip 8c
Index[12]: Unexpected chip 91
Index[13]: Unexpected chip 7d
Index[14]: Unexpected chip 23
Index[15]: Unexpected chip 96
Index[16]: Unexpected chip b7
Index[17]: Unexpected chip 3b
Index[18]: Unexpected chip 93
Index[19]: Unexpected chip a7
Index[20]: Unexpected chip 6c
Index[21]: Unexpected chip 45
Index[22]: Unexpected chip 9c
Index[23]: Unexpected chip b8
Index[24]: Unexpected chip 5b
Index[25]: Unexpected chip 52
Index[26]: Unexpected chip bd
Index[27]: Unexpected chip 45
Index[28]: Unexpected chip 5d
Index[29]: Unexpected chip ab
Index[30]: Unexpected chip fe
Index[31]: Unexpected chip cf
Index[32]: Unexpected chip 37
Index[33]: Unexpected chip 22
Index[34]: Unexpected chip 8e
Index[35]: Unexpected chip fa
Index[36]: Unexpected chip 27
Index[37]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[38]: Unexpected chip c4
Index[39]: Unexpected chip dd
Index[40]: Unexpected chip ad
Index[41]: Unexpected chip e6
Index[42]: Unexpected chip 3a
Index[43]: Unexpected chip d0
Index[44]: Unexpected chip 9f
Index[45]: Unexpected chip bb
Index[46]: Unexpected chip 54
Index[47]: Unexpected chip 97
Index[48]: Unexpected chip 0f
Index[49]: Unexpected chip 84
Index[50]: Unexpected chip 08
Index[51]: Unexpected chip d7
Index[52]: Unexpected chip dc
Index[53]: Unexpected chip b9
Index[54]: Unexpected chip 8e
Index[55]: Unexpected chip 22
Index[56]: Unexpected chip d2
Index[57]: Unexpected chip 15
Index[58]: Unexpected chip f5
Index[59]: Unexpected chip f2
Index[61]: Unexpected chip 3d
Index[62]: Unexpected chip 74
Index[63]: Unexpected chip f3
Index[64]: Unexpected chip 74
Index[65]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[66]: Unexpected chip 1a
Index[67]: Unexpected chip 64
Index[68]: Unexpected chip d6
Index[69]: Unexpected chip 7b
Index[70]: Unexpected chip 7c
Index[71]: Unexpected chip a3
Index[72]: Unexpected chip be
Index[73]: Unexpected chip 53
Index[74]: Unexpected chip 38
Index[75]: Unexpected chip 1d
Index[76]: Unexpected chip dd
Index[77]: Unexpected chip 3b
Index[78]: Unexpected chip b0
Index[79]: Unexpected chip 8c
Index[80]: Unexpected chip 43
Index[81]: Unexpected chip c3
Index[82]: Unexpected chip eb
Index[83]: Unexpected chip e2
Index[84]: Unexpected chip d5
Index[85]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[86]: Unexpected chip 0e
Index[87]: Unexpected chip 73
Index[88]: Unexpected chip c9
Index[89]: Unexpected chip 66
Index[90]: Unexpected chip 36
Index[91]: Unexpected chip 51
Index[92]: Unexpected chip 2f
Index[93]: Unexpected chip 61
Index[94]: Unexpected chip 17
Index[95]: Unexpected chip 76
Index[96]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[97]: Unexpected chip 16
Index[98]: Unexpected chip 0e
Index[99]: Unexpected chip 01
Index[100]: Unexpected chip 98
Index[101]: Unexpected chip a4
Index[102]: Unexpected chip ee
Index[103]: Unexpected chip a5
Index[104]: Unexpected chip 8d
Index[105]: Unexpected chip fb
Index[106]: Unexpected chip 6a
Index[107]: Unexpected chip 40
Index[108]: Unexpected chip ee
Index[109]: Unexpected chip dc
Index[110]: Unexpected chip ec
Index[111]: Unexpected chip 4b
Index[112]: Unexpected chip d8
Index[113]: Unexpected chip 47
Index[114]: Unexpected chip 9c
Index[115]: Unexpected chip 64
Index[116]: Unexpected chip 9f
Index[117]: Unexpected chip 8d
Index[118]: Unexpected chip ed
Index[119]: Unexpected chip 75
Index[120]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[121]: Unexpected chip 75
Index[122]: Unexpected chip 1a
Index[123]: Unexpected chip d6
Index[124]: Unexpected chip 80
Index[125]: Unexpected chip f2
Index[126]: Unexpected chip 37
Index[127]: Unexpected chip 72
Index[128]: Unexpected chip 04
Index[129]: Unexpected chip c8
Index[130]: Unexpected chip 4b
Index[131]: Unexpected chip 42
Index[132]: Unexpected chip 96
Index[133]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[134]: Unexpected chip 90
Index[135]: Unexpected chip 1c
Data[0]: Header corrupt
 
ATTACK
Old
(Last edited by ATTACK; 2nd August 2014 at 09:52 PM.)
#13  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,621
Posts: 1,219
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesII View Post
I used rsd lite withe the firmware in the link provided and received the message "flash failed unknown fastboot command". I searched for a solution specific to the razr m to no avail, although I did find similar solutions for other devices all involving editing the .xml file contained within the .zip file of the firmware. some of the fixes were erasing certain lines in the .xml.

I believe you need to remove these two lines from the xml
Code:
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set"/>
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear"/>

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesII View Post
Maybe this will help in understanding the reason why I can't properly flash a rom.
This is the message i get using fastboot to flash cyanogenmod:

 
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 211054912 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 179601728 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 148148544 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 116695360 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 85242176 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 53788992 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 22335808 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
fastboot: ../libsparse/sparse.c:143: write_all_blocks: Assertion `pad >= 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

This Message when I use sbf_flash:


=== cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-moto_msm8960.zip ===
Index[0]: Unexpected chip 59
Index[1]: Unexpected chip b7
Index[2]: Unexpected chip eb
Index[3]: Unexpected chip 50
Index[4]: Unexpected chip b3
Index[5]: Unexpected chip 82
Index[6]: Unexpected chip e8
Index[7]: Unexpected chip a4
Index[8]: Unexpected chip 38
Index[9]: Unexpected chip 34
Index[10]: Unexpected chip c8
Index[11]: Unexpected chip 8c
Index[12]: Unexpected chip 91
Index[13]: Unexpected chip 7d
Index[14]: Unexpected chip 23
Index[15]: Unexpected chip 96
Index[16]: Unexpected chip b7
Index[17]: Unexpected chip 3b
Index[18]: Unexpected chip 93
Index[19]: Unexpected chip a7
Index[20]: Unexpected chip 6c
Index[21]: Unexpected chip 45
Index[22]: Unexpected chip 9c
Index[23]: Unexpected chip b8
Index[24]: Unexpected chip 5b
Index[25]: Unexpected chip 52
Index[26]: Unexpected chip bd
Index[27]: Unexpected chip 45
Index[28]: Unexpected chip 5d
Index[29]: Unexpected chip ab
Index[30]: Unexpected chip fe
Index[31]: Unexpected chip cf
Index[32]: Unexpected chip 37
Index[33]: Unexpected chip 22
Index[34]: Unexpected chip 8e
Index[35]: Unexpected chip fa
Index[36]: Unexpected chip 27
Index[37]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[38]: Unexpected chip c4
Index[39]: Unexpected chip dd
Index[40]: Unexpected chip ad
Index[41]: Unexpected chip e6
Index[42]: Unexpected chip 3a
Index[43]: Unexpected chip d0
Index[44]: Unexpected chip 9f
Index[45]: Unexpected chip bb
Index[46]: Unexpected chip 54
Index[47]: Unexpected chip 97
Index[48]: Unexpected chip 0f
Index[49]: Unexpected chip 84
Index[50]: Unexpected chip 08
Index[51]: Unexpected chip d7
Index[52]: Unexpected chip dc
Index[53]: Unexpected chip b9
Index[54]: Unexpected chip 8e
Index[55]: Unexpected chip 22
Index[56]: Unexpected chip d2
Index[57]: Unexpected chip 15
Index[58]: Unexpected chip f5
Index[59]: Unexpected chip f2
Index[61]: Unexpected chip 3d
Index[62]: Unexpected chip 74
Index[63]: Unexpected chip f3
Index[64]: Unexpected chip 74
Index[65]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[66]: Unexpected chip 1a
Index[67]: Unexpected chip 64
Index[68]: Unexpected chip d6
Index[69]: Unexpected chip 7b
Index[70]: Unexpected chip 7c
Index[71]: Unexpected chip a3
Index[72]: Unexpected chip be
Index[73]: Unexpected chip 53
Index[74]: Unexpected chip 38
Index[75]: Unexpected chip 1d
Index[76]: Unexpected chip dd
Index[77]: Unexpected chip 3b
Index[78]: Unexpected chip b0
Index[79]: Unexpected chip 8c
Index[80]: Unexpected chip 43
Index[81]: Unexpected chip c3
Index[82]: Unexpected chip eb
Index[83]: Unexpected chip e2
Index[84]: Unexpected chip d5
Index[85]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[86]: Unexpected chip 0e
Index[87]: Unexpected chip 73
Index[88]: Unexpected chip c9
Index[89]: Unexpected chip 66
Index[90]: Unexpected chip 36
Index[91]: Unexpected chip 51
Index[92]: Unexpected chip 2f
Index[93]: Unexpected chip 61
Index[94]: Unexpected chip 17
Index[95]: Unexpected chip 76
Index[96]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[97]: Unexpected chip 16
Index[98]: Unexpected chip 0e
Index[99]: Unexpected chip 01
Index[100]: Unexpected chip 98
Index[101]: Unexpected chip a4
Index[102]: Unexpected chip ee
Index[103]: Unexpected chip a5
Index[104]: Unexpected chip 8d
Index[105]: Unexpected chip fb
Index[106]: Unexpected chip 6a
Index[107]: Unexpected chip 40
Index[108]: Unexpected chip ee
Index[109]: Unexpected chip dc
Index[110]: Unexpected chip ec
Index[111]: Unexpected chip 4b
Index[112]: Unexpected chip d8
Index[113]: Unexpected chip 47
Index[114]: Unexpected chip 9c
Index[115]: Unexpected chip 64
Index[116]: Unexpected chip 9f
Index[117]: Unexpected chip 8d
Index[118]: Unexpected chip ed
Index[119]: Unexpected chip 75
Index[120]: Unexpected chip e7
Index[121]: Unexpected chip 75
Index[122]: Unexpected chip 1a
Index[123]: Unexpected chip d6
Index[124]: Unexpected chip 80
Index[125]: Unexpected chip f2
Index[126]: Unexpected chip 37
Index[127]: Unexpected chip 72
Index[128]: Unexpected chip 04
Index[129]: Unexpected chip c8
Index[130]: Unexpected chip 4b
Index[131]: Unexpected chip 42
Index[132]: Unexpected chip 96
Index[133]: Unexpected chip ff
Index[134]: Unexpected chip 90
Index[135]: Unexpected chip 1c
Data[0]: Header corrupt
Did you try it on Mfastboot?
SCORPION MINI
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
 
knucklesII
Old
(Last edited by knucklesII; 3rd August 2014 at 01:11 PM.) Reason: Update
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
I Did as was suggested and edited out the two lines you mentioned in your post and still received the same error message in rsd lite. I did run the windows version of fastboot and according to fastboot the rom flashed sucessfuly with out error messages, but the phone still wouldn't boot to cyanogenmod. I also ran the windows version of mfastboot and according to mfastboot the rom flashed sucessfuly with out error messages with the same result as fastboot. Now let me know if I used mfastboot/fastboot properly. With in the same directory where mfastboot/fastboot.exe and rom.zip is located, this is the command that I used <mfastboot flash system cyanogenmod1234.zip>. "Sytem" is the partition on the razr m that I flashed the rom.zip to. Is this the right partition to flash the rom to?

Thanks for all the help it is very much appreciated.
 
ATTACK
Old
#15  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,621
Posts: 1,219
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesII View Post
I Did as was suggested and edited out the two lines you mentioned in your post and still received the same error message in rsd lite. I did run the windows version of fastboot and according to fastboot the rom flashed sucessfuly with out error messages, but the phone still wouldn't boot to cyanogenmod. I also ran the windows version of mfastboot and according to mfastboot the rom flashed sucessfuly with out error messages with the same result as fastboot. Now let me know if I used mfastboot/fastboot properly. With in the same directory where mfastboot/fastboot.exe and rom.zip is located, this is the command that I used <mfastboot flash system cyanogenmod1234.zip>. "Sytem" is the partition on the razr m that I flashed the rom.zip to. Is this the right partition to flash the rom to?

Thanks for all the help it is very much appreciated.
I think the Mfastboot command is
Code:
mfastboot update <ROM NAME>.zip
What about flashing the factory image's separately through mfastboot?

Code:
mfastboot erase system -w
mfastboot erase boot
Then

Code:
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot reboot
SCORPION MINI
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knucklesII
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
When using update command this is the message: archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

I'm not certain where to find "NON-HLOS.bin" and "system.img" with in the .zip or extracted folder.

I'll have to continue tomorow.
 
knucklesII
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Thank You.

Well I believe I did every thing I possibly could to fix the problem with this razr m and I have had no success. I regret to give up and admit defeat but I have exhausted all resources. I really appreciate all the help and consideration, thank you very much.
 
kabaldan
Old
(Last edited by kabaldan; 7th August 2014 at 01:08 AM.)
#18  
kabaldan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,241
Posts: 1,388
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Prague

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesII View Post
Well I believe I did every thing I possibly could to fix the problem with this razr m and I have had no success. I regret to give up and admit defeat but I have exhausted all resources. I really appreciate all the help and consideration, thank you very much.
An update package (a custom ROM) is to be flashed via recovery.
Factory fxz/sbf package is to be flashed via sbf_flash/RSD lite/fastboot.
You're obviously missing the fundamental difference between those types of packages.
 
knucklesII
Old
#19  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jul 2014
So does that mean that I was mistaken in flashing cyanogen mod through fastboot to the system partition?
I did attempt using rsd lite for the factory rom but failed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes